Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Gross

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Also, Potter has him deeper so his pace is rarely exposed. Bissouma is there for him to be the last man in midfield and Mac, March, Tross & Maupay supply the speed. I’ve also noticed that Veltman is a right back version of Groß, such intelligent passing and distribution.

Biss was a completely different level to anyone on the pitch. He was World Class, the time he gave himself at times was something to behold.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
The more confident he gets the more Cruyff turns come out. Record number tonight without a doubt.

Jimmy Grimble

I know it’s probably the least remarkable attribute of his but the bloke has utterly insane stamina.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
This new position suits him... like midfield but also a slight free-role at times to get wide etc. I never thought this role would suit him, but Potter and him have proved me wrong. He’s been great and kept the impressive Alzate out the side.

It's not really a new position for him as that's where he played most of the time at Ingolstadt. He did sometimes play as a 10 there but it's only under CH that he was regularly played behind the striker.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Fast becoming my favourite player! His vision is excellent and tonight his energy was incredible.

Every game I look out for the Cryuff turns and he made a mockery of Son with his Cryuff on him today .

super ads

Jul 14, 2009
one of our best players. Underrated by many.

100%. Think that is well summed up by the amount of comments of this thread saying they are amazed by how well he is playing. He has played this well regularly since he had joined us. Not that some on here have noticed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

super ads

Jul 14, 2009
He has clearly done loads of fitness training. Can someone do a before and after comparison pics with Pascal a year ago. He looks so much leaner and meaner now and his performances reflect it. He was excellent tonight

Are you serious. He has always run more than any other player in the team. [emoji2357][emoji2357]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Gross is such a technically skilled player. The turns, runs, passes, dead ball delivery, all excellent.

Done with a German workman like attitude.

Doesn't seem to have the 'flair' of Biss, but gets the job done. Was a pleasure to watch tonight.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1356105260784345089[/TWEET]

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The running thing is interesting. As a plodder rather than a sprinter, myself, could it be that he just conserves his energy throughout the game and just keeps on going, whereas others' totals are based more on shorter, faster sprints?

Groß is an outstanding player who has been amazing since his arrival. Best bargain of the Amex era and long may he continue.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Out of interest, a question for our German residents - Does Pascal get any mentions in the press over there? Or is he one of those forgotten exports? ???

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
And....I still don't understand how players STILL fall for that drag back? I mean, he does it every game!

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
The running thing is interesting. As a plodder rather than a sprinter, myself, could it be that he just conserves his energy throughout the game and just keeps on going, whereas others' totals are based more on shorter, faster sprints?

Groß is an outstanding player who has been amazing since his arrival. Best bargain of the Amex era and long may he continue.

I think due to his new role, he doesn’t need to run around too much. Which means when there is a chance to run down a channel he’s conserved his energy and has some pace to burn.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I think due to his new role, he doesn’t need to run around too much. Which means when there is a chance to run down a channel he’s conserved his energy and has some pace to burn.

But he ran more than any other player last night, didn't he?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here