Got ejected at 19.37 and looking at a two year ban.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Absolutely brought this on yourself.

If you want to moan about the stewarding moan to the club, don't blame the poor people that have to that crappy job.

Patting you down must be one of the most unpleasant jobs a woman could do.

Hope your seat goes to someone a bit more civilised.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Absolutely brought this on yourself.

If you want to moan about the stewarding moan to the club, don't blame the poor people that have to that crappy job.

They don't have to do anything, let alone be hi-vis dickheads, no-one press ganged them into Falmer. Get a bit of perspective you melt.

Patting you down must be one of the most unpleasant jobs a woman could do.

I dunno, by the look of some of the hi-vis Dorises at the match, it's the only bit of foreplay they're ever gonna get. Why are female stewards bodysearching male custome...sorry supporters anyway?

Hope your seat goes to someone a bit more civilised.

Yeah, the guy who has lost his season ticket was a real animal, savage.

Every time I read this f***ing place it convinces me even more that football is well and truly f***ed, and I do mean f***ed

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
They don't have to do anything, let alone be hi-vis dickheads, no-one press ganged them into Falmer. Get a bit of perspective you melt.

yes they do you moron

they volunteered for this job and part of the job requirement is to search peoples bags when they come in.

the OP acted like a knob and has come unstuck,i go to a lot of test matches and dont even flinch at my bags being searched why should he have a hissy fit....there are idiots out there let them search everyones bags by all means its the 21st century for f*** sake but i guess with you using the term "melt" you are still due a bit of catching up.

Every time I read this f***ing place it convinces me even more that football is well and truly f***ed, and I do mean f***ed

and yet you still keep on reading.......what does that say about you?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I'd advise the OP never to defend himself in court. From your own description you come across as pretty antagonistic. And the 'joke' ffs?

No need for a ban though surely.

The tall one

Banned
Jan 2, 2007

I dunno, by the look of some of the hi-vis Dorises at the match, it's the only bit of foreplay they're ever gonna get. Why are female stewards bodysearching male custome...sorry supporters anyway?

Yeah, the guy who has lost his season ticket was a real animal, savage.

With supporters like u, u are probably right.

As other people have already commented, what would have happened if he had said that at an airport, train station or other public place.

Also I believe that u should not comment on a job that other human beings do, until you have done the job yourself.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Yes, at our quality new stadium it's smart to make life arduous for the staff, make sexual offensive innuendo while drinking heavily. Genius!

A ban will keep one idiot out of people' hair at the stadium anyway.
Bet he was a charm to sit near, too.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Must admit I agree with the majority. The OP acted like a complete twat, his behaviour was inexcusable and he was rightly ejected. That much at least isn't up for debate. The stewards may indeed all be power-crazed saddos on a high-viz 'look at me' ego trip, but they've still got their jobs to do and if they want to search you then you let them search you - and is there anybody here who hasn't at some stage been searched before a football match?

Obviously a two-year ban for being a complete twat is disproportionately heavy (even if the authorities do try and claim that he asked a female steward to perform a sex act on him), but so far there is no evidence that he HAS been banned, just an off-the-cuff comment from an upset steward. Maybe the OP could pre-empt the club by writing a grovelling letter of apology? If he is banned for two years then I'll join any campaign to get that reduced, but let's wait and see what the club do eh?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Just let them search your bag, shut the f*** up and don't worry about it. Why act like a 12 year old because of it. Self inflicted.

this. dont joke about security checks even if we know they are a joke, and dont make cheeky sexist jokes with the female security in case they are on a power trip (clue, they are working in a job that gives some power). hopefully the the club will see sence, so be super nice to them about it, sorry for inappropriate behaviour etc.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
It was just a quick rub down, I said is that it, you search my bag and empty it but just give me a quick frisk

Perhaps agreeing to additional services at the start would have left you feeling more satisfied. You get what you pay for.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
Possession of a loud shirt in a built up area.

Last edited:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Is the delay between the incident and the ejection possibly because they had time to review the incident ?
So for instance if Bigbelly has a history of issues with stewards dating back to Withdean, this may have been why they decided not to let this one pass.

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
I bet some of you on here have jobs that people get stick for.

E.G Traffic Warden, Policeman, bankers etc

And the only reason you give the Stewards stick is that you get given alot of shit yourself during your working day!
People seem to forget that they are normal people who are only trying to earn abit of extra cash and the majority of them, once you start speaking to them are pretty sound, obviously you'll get the odd knobhead but that's life, remember without them we wouldn't be able to go to the Amex, so i think I'll put up with them and be polite for that reason alone!

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Can anything get any worse. f*** sake.

What is up with stewards I ask? I'll fight the ban all the way.

Got the train from London Bridge and arrived in Brighton bang on 17 hrs and dropped into the Queens head for a beer, while waiting I picked up my Laptop across the road that was being fixed. 2 beers later I headed to the Amex with Sean. As I went into the north east corner I was asked If they could search my bag, This is an issue I've had for 5 times for evening matches since attending the Amex and said as always it contains my Laptop and work clothes.

After a few minutes of chatting I asked like I always do why search just my bag as I could have said items on the wall in my coat, jeans, pants like the Muslim pants bomber so why just search my bag? They said bags are the main items that Flares, explosives would be hidden, I laughed and said yeah right, and how do you think Flares are taken into grounds when the party animals know you only search bags? I said fine search my bag but why not search my coat, jeans, underwear, you never know what is hidden down there. The female steward asked to search me, and so she did, It was just a quick rub down, I said is that it, you search my bag and empty it but just give me a quick frisk, why not feel my pants as I could have a big weapon down there.

One male steward could see the funny side but dare not laugh.

It got a bit political about airports and stuff and having been warned I was let in. Had a beer and 2 pies I took my seat, Felt like another pie so ventured down for a beer and pie, next minute (40 minutes later) I had 4 stewards around me and got asked by the female steward that I need a word about earlier comments, I said that was 40 minutes ago so what has changed?

She said - Lets just go outside and talk, I said you must think I'm stupid as I know I'm not coming back in and said why are you bringing this up now and not then? Nothing from her.

Got outside and there is the four stewards and 3 police officers, I just thought, yep, I'm heading home and not watching the game. I asked the stewards what (female steward) point she wanted to to make regarding my earlier comment but we didn't get to that, It was me arguing about right or wrongs, what can or can't be said.

Apparently she took offense about the pants bomber 40 minutes ealier, I did say it but it was true, f*** me, last time I looked we are a democracy, the oldest living democracy in living memory, freedom of speech only seems to work a few ways.

Things stated to get out of hand, the Lady steward wanted my season ticket and driving license which I said you've no chance but said I'll cooperate with the local police officers and if you require such items them you can view them if the police ask me, so I handed the season ticket over and other items, the stewards kept my season ticket and said I'm looking at a 2 year ban.

Come again I said? I said to the police officers that those 3 Hull fans who got arrested for homophobic chanting, singing, got a caution just like all away fans that are homophobic, all they get is a caution and a slap on the writs, I said I thought homophobia is the same offense as racists? So why am I being treated differently as I said about the pants bomber, how can the stewards look for a ban for me for banter but allow homophobic arrogant scum to spout homophobic crap but get a slap on the wrist?

Just said what ever, and walked off. The woman steward has my season ticket so don't know what to do, Direct action maybe?

It sounds unlikely that you will actually be banned but I have to say they have a job to do and if they want to check your bags then what's the problem? Why even mention the word bomb either or give them a hard time what makes you any different from anyone else? There is a massive what if scenario here as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports