Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Got ejected at 19.37 and looking at a two year ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I like the idea of "getting political about airports and stuff" with a steward:

"Excuse me sir, do you mind if I check your bag?"

"You'll get your third runway at Heathrow over my f***ing dead body, love."

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Are you really comparing our stadium to an airport? Football is supposed to be a recreational experience! As long as there's nothing more to this story, I'm totally with the OP...

Why should security be any different at a public place like the Amex to an airport . Unfortunately in this day and age it is needed

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why should security be any different at a public place like the Amex to an airport . Unfortunately in this day and age it is needed
It's not needed.

It's all part of keeping 'the people' down and scared, so we don't realise what's actually going on in the world.

But that's a debate for another time and another place.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

Dont be daft, if this is the case then our security policy needs a big overhaul.

There is NO security check, thats the point, there is no point.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Thinking about it, it sounds like the stewards didn't handle it very well at the time either.

If someone is acting like a cock, don't you just trott out some bullshit line like "I'm only instructed to search bags by the club, if you think we should be doing more you're welcome to take it up with the head of security". Don't enter into a debate and move them on quickly, by arguing you're just encouraging it, remember - two cocks don't make a right.

I'm still half expecting this to be bullshit or a wind up.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'm still half expecting this to be bullshit or a wind up.

Very much this.

For a start, I'm pretty sure that if a frisk search/pat down is to be done it has to be done by a steward of the same gender.

One way or another there is definitely more to this than has been explained so far IMO.

bobbybighead

Jun 7, 2007
Power of search is a condition of entry you have made racist comments failed the attitude test completely. why do it you have been a knob to stewards in the past im sure they have never heard such witty banter that you have given them not sure what you expect really. you are the weakest link goodbye !

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
It's not needed.

It's all part of keeping 'the people' down and scared, so we don't realise what's actually going on in the world.

But that's a debate for another time and another place.
On a slightly different note, I took my kids to wembley for england switzerland last year, I deliberately checked the tickets to see if there was any mention in the small print etc that you couldn't take your own SOFT drinks into the ground, there wasn't, nothing whatsoever .
So I took 4 lucozade sport bottles filled with orange squash , I was stopped by a steward to be told that I couldn't take them in as they were a " security risk ", Yeah right, like a dad and his 8 and 11 year old sons arte going to start hurling plastic bottles of squash onto the pitch, it was an excercise in making sure that you were forced to buy the overpriced crap they sell at Wembley, luckily about 20 odd fans basically held the officious jobsworth steward back whilst I and my lethal lucozade bottles disappeared into the crowd.

- - - Updated - - -

Power of search is a condition of entry you have made racist comments failed the attitude test completely. why do it you have been a knob to stewards in the past im sure they have never heard such witty banter that you have given them not sure what you expect really. you are the weakest link goodbye !
attitude test ?? Are you f***ing sure ??

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
They don't have to do anything, let alone be hi-vis dickheads, no-one press ganged them into Falmer. Get a bit of perspective you melt.

I dunno, by the look of some of the hi-vis Dorises at the match, it's the only bit of foreplay they're ever gonna get. Why are female stewards bodysearching male custome...sorry supporters anyway?

Yeah, the guy who has lost his season ticket was a real animal, savage.

Every time I read this f***ing place it convinces me even more that football is well and truly f***ed, and I do mean f***ed

You still go though......

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
On a slightly different note, I took my kids to wembley for england switzerland last year, I deliberately checked the tickets to see if there was any mention in the small print etc that you couldn't take your own SOFT drinks into the ground, there wasn't, nothing whatsoever .
So I took 4 lucozade sport bottles filled with orange squash , I was stopped by a steward to be told that I couldn't take them in as they were a " security risk ", Yeah right, like a dad and his 8 and 11 year old sons arte going to start hurling plastic bottles of squash onto the pitch, it was an excercise in making sure that you were forced to buy the overpriced crap they sell at Wembley, luckily about 20 odd fans basically held the officious jobsworth steward back whilst I and my lethal lucozade bottles disappeared into the crowd.

Point taken about protecting commercial interests in bringing your own food/drink, but Brighton stewards in my experience only ever prevent cans going in, and are just carrying out instructions to search bags. I've had plastic bottles and cartons of drink, crisps, food, metal flask, (yes I have a regular bloody picnic!), and the only thing they've ever not wanted me to take inside was a can of coke. In fact the steward was so helpful, he went over to the kiosk, got an empty plastic pint cup and allowed me to decant the coke so I could still take it in.

I really wouldn't mind hearing the other side of this story, as I'm finding the current version of events hard to believe.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Point taken about protecting commercial interests in bringing your own food/drink, but Brighton stewards in my experience only ever prevent cans going in, and are just carrying out instructions to search bags. I've had plastic bottles and cartons of drink, crisps, food, metal flask, (yes I have a regular bloody picnic!), and the only thing they've ever not wanted me to take inside was a can of coke. In fact the steward was so helpful, he went over to the kiosk, got an empty plastic pint cup and allowed me to decant the coke so I could still take it in.

I really wouldn't mind hearing the other side of this story, as I'm finding the current version of events hard to believe.
I've got no argument about the stewards at brighton mate, just having a bit of a rant about wembley !! Which I think is wrong from the commercial side , and some common sense needs to be applied on the "security" aspect of taking plastic bottles in.

- - - Updated - - -

I've got no argument about the stewards at brighton mate, just having a bit of a rant about wembley !! Which I think is wrong from the commercial side , and some common sense needs to be applied on the "security" aspect of taking plastic bottles in. I also think that maybe [MENTION=21748]Bigbelly[/MENTION] needs to be cut some slack as I believe he's going through quite a stressfull personal situation at the moment.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Who wants personal frisking at the turnstiles ? How are we going to get our half bottles of Teachers in if they do that. Just let them keep searching woman's handbags, suits me.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

This is the point though, it seems a pointless exercise.

I have never failed to have a nice steward check my wifes bag and after a cursory glance at her nail clippers, keys, various perfume bottles always waved through whilst I walk through unstopped in the first instance.

It really doesnt bother me and I do not make an issue, but I never fail to acknowledge the absurdity of it all.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Just let them search and keep stum withholding any stupid remarks in your mind. we used to be searched by the police at the goldstone

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I'd be very surprised if the mention of a possible 2 year ban was anything more than just a warning to make BigBelly think about what the consequences could be if he carried on being a pain in the arse. It would be exceedingly harsh but he hasn't been banned yet, so I'll save any hand wringing, mouth frothing and protesting until such time as he is.

father_ted_down_with_this_sort_of_thing.jpg

That said, I struggle to have any sympathy for him being ejected. Anything adding to the time and resources needed to get us all into the Amex is fcking annoying - the more stewards it takes, the more money is spent... Make a point about the searches by all means, but the incident as described was pointless, antagonistic and, in the PC world in which we live, asking for trouble.

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
I sit in the SWC and all the stewards over there are tip top! There's only one that winds a few people up but other than that all are very helpful and actually quite nice! But hey that's what you get when you treat people the way you want to be treated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here