Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Got ejected at 19.37 and looking at a two year ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Why just search the bag? How many have big jackets on which you could hide anything inside. It's like, oh look, he/she has a bag so might be a bloody great bomb or fireworks/flares in it, we're onto something here even thou they are missing the target completely.

Why worry about it. FFS, just let them do whatever and come in. Christ all mighty. It just sounds like you have just acted like a cock to be honest.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
No I would suggest that the OP has been a pain in the arse in the past and has made a rod for his own back.

Oddly enough, was speaking to somebody on Saturday who was maybe looking to move seats next season due to their proximity to OP. Might not have to now :lol:

Dec 29, 2011
Anyone suggesting he 'shouldn't get lippy in future' is a fool. He can say what he wants, they have no authority to ban him for asking questions. Sounds like the stewards are on a power trip. I imagine their version of the story might differ though.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Gawd! Shit like this makes me cringe. Okay, OP may well have been lippy and awkward, but a 2 year ban for that?? Certainly worth a kicking out on the day, but no more - unless there was more to it. If he's being truthful, then it makes you wonder why you bother going anywhere anymore. Hopefully, there will be an opportunity to explain himself and it isn't just a foregone conclusion.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Anyone suggesting he 'shouldn't get lippy in future' is a fool. He can say what he wants, they have no authority to ban him for asking questions. Sounds like the stewards are on a power trip. I imagine their version of the story might differ though.

Sorry have I missed something, I read his story and at the least he was sexist to the female steward. This authority thing how does it work then. I would presume the club have the right to let in who they want. Buying a ST does not give you any legal right of entry does it?

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
OP not covered himself in glory really.

However a 2 year ban is absolutely farcical if that is indeed the correct description of events and there isn't anything more sinister being held back. A warning and a threat of a ban if this sort of behaviour occurs again would be more than enough punishment.

Unless the OP is not being entirely truthful I really hope the club do not proceed with this.

Dec 29, 2011
Sorry have I missed something, I read his story and at the least he was sexist to the female steward. This authority thing how does it work then. I would presume the club have the right to let in who they want. Buying a ST does not give you any legal right of entry does it?

Actually I meant the steward has no authority to revoke the season ticket, I'm sure the club does but from BBs story it sounded like the female steward asked for his ST to get his name and seat etc, which he didnt have to hand over.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit

However a 2 year ban is absolutely farcical if that is indeed the correct description of events and there isn't anything more sinister being held back. A warning and a threat of a ban if this sort of behaviour occurs again would be more than enough punishment.

Unless the OP is not being entirely truthful I really hope the club do not proceed with this.

Correct.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
The female steward asked to search me, and so she did, It was just a quick rub down, I said is that it, you search my bag and empty it but just give me a quick frisk, why not feel my pants as I could have a big weapon down there.

A female steward frisks you and then you invite her to put her hand in your pants and touch your dick.

THIS is why you were ejected and face a 2 year ban.

Last edited:

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ

Given his history of typing when not half cut and in a rage I'd be tempted to believe there is a little more to this than he is saying. Probably some daft action like grabbing his crutch when he was on about something in his trousers or similar.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Ban seems harsh but why didn't you just get on with it allow them to search you.. Its basic knowledge that if you bring a bag with you it will get searched. In regards to the searching your body, I know the away stewards are meant to search 1 in 5 people entering the stadium, they can't search everyone...

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
To be fair as a fellow fan, I'm GLAD they search bags for my safety.

Out of interest what specific threats do you fear to your safety? People bringing in hand grenades in their bags? Do you panic every time you pass someone with a bag on the street, or is it a fear that only occurs in football stadiums?

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Actually I meant the steward has no authority to revoke the season ticket, I'm sure the club does but from BBs story it sounded like the female steward asked for his ST to get his name and seat etc, which he didnt have to hand over.

They left it 40 minutes before approaching him, I would assume they took advice on his language and his general behaviour. I would expect a decision like that to come from the club and the stewards would then enforce it. I would have thought removing him from tonight's game and a warning that such behaviour would not be tolerated in future would have been the best course of action.Like people have said, maybe there is more to it, or previous problems.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Who has said he is getting a two year ban ? The Steward ? They do not have the power to do that surely, If they have his season ticket they will have to give that to someone wright a report and the OP will be contacted. The steward in no way can dish out the length of the ban.

None story

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
There's never been a 'pants bomber' at an English football match as far as I'm aware so what is the relevance? It's that comment that got you in trouble because it was completely irrelevant.

FWIW, I sympathise with you as it doesn't change the fact it's ridiculous to possibly ban you, but there's no need to be a smart arse when they're merely doing their job. IF they frisked everyone properly, imagine how many numpties would complain about the long, unneccesary queing at football?

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Don't be a smarty pants in the first place. Let them search your bag and carry on. Deliberate efforts to be a dickhead will be rewarded as such.

You only have yourself to blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here