Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Got ejected at 19.37 and looking at a two year ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Some people should stop quoting the law and freedom of speech etc etc as this has nothing to do with the law and everything to do with the conditions of entry into the stadium which the club and their agents I.e the stewards are entitled to enforce as they see fit. Like it or not you agree to this when you purchase your ticket and as shit as it might be the club can make whatever rules up they feel appropriate and people working for the club can interpret them how they like so silly situations like this can occur where a Person gets chucked out simply for upsetting a steward. It's called life and as ever life is a learning curve, what has the OP learnt from this? That if he really just wanted to enjoy the game, he could have, it was all his choice and he could have simply let the stewards enjoy their brief moment of power and searched his bleeding bag, he chose to make and issue of it and then so did the stewards, they won he lost get over it and grow up.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
There's never been a 'pants bomber' at an English football match as far as I'm aware so what is the relevance? It's that comment that got you in trouble because it was completely irrelevant.

No it wasn't.

It was this one.......

why not feel my pants as I could have a big weapon down there.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Some people should stop quoting the law and freedom of speech etc etc as this has nothing to do with the law and everything to do with the conditions of entry into the stadium which the club and their agents I.e the stewards are entitled to enforce as they see fit. Like it or not you agree to this when you purchase your ticket and as shit as it might be the club can make whatever rules up they feel appropriate and people working for the club can interpret them how they like so silly situations like this can occur where a Person gets chucked out simply for upsetting a steward. It's called life and as ever life is a learning curve, what has the OP learnt from this? That if he really just wanted to enjoy the game, he could have, it was all his choice and he could have simply let the stewards enjoy their brief moment of power and searched his bleeding bag, he chose to make and issue of it and then so did the stewards, they won he lost get over it and grow up.

So you agree that a (potential) 2 year ban is warranted for being a bit of a cock? Don't consider it a wee bit harsh?

Things stated to get out of hand, the Lady steward wanted my season ticket and driving license which I said you've no chance but said I'll cooperate with the local police officers and if you require such items them you can view them if the police ask me
That's the big mistake you made.

The stewards have the right to inspect what you are bringing into the stadium. The police don't have that right. You refused to co-operate with the stewards. You will no doubt pay whatever penalty the Club decide to impose.

I, for one, don't want to see the police take over a job that isn't their's to do.

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
I would be surprised if you received a two year ban I really would!

However, in this day and age unfortunately you have to watch what you say and making a potentially sexist comment and a comment about a bomber could and probably was the making of your own downfall! To be fair how do you know that the said female steward wasn't previously sexually abused or has a relative serving in the forces that was killed by a suicide bomber? It's all very well having banter with your mates and to a degree with people on here but to do it with complete strangers comes with risks and unfortunately mate not everyone will have the same sense of humour as you! I would issue a grovelling apology to the club, and hope that the subsequent ban isn't as long as you first thought, next time you go back apologise to the female steward and just co-operate with them for the brief few minutes you walk through the turnstile! The match day experience is only a few hours, it's not really that hard to behave for those few hours is it? After all most of us are grown men! :)

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
So you agree that a (potential) 2 year ban is warranted for being a bit of a cock? Don't consider it a wee bit harsh?

Don't think it's harsh at all, 20000+ plus other people managed to watch the game without winding the stewards up and getting bans, the OP shouldn't have been a twat, I really couldn't give a toss if they banned him for 10 years.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
For the people trotting out the "it's your own fault" line - please grow up, that is what school children say and it isn't the issue - the issue is the severity of the punishment that has been threatened.

If you do actually get banned for that it's a bit of a joke, surely a quiet word is the best course of action here. People have banter, this sounds like it went a bit OTT but is that really worth an ejection and 2 year ban?

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Don't think it's harsh at all, 20000+ plus other people managed to watch the game without winding the stewards up and getting bans, the OP shouldn't have been a twat, I really couldn't give a toss if they banned him for 10 years.

Obviously you couldn't give a toss, but that's beside the point. Do you think ('think' being the clue) that it is a reasonable punishment for what took place (assuming no other infringements occurred)?

Dec 29, 2011
Well my personal (admittedly paranoid) belief is that football stadiums are prime candidates for terrorist attacks, so I take comfort in knowing that bags are being searched. You couldn't fit an IED in your pocket!

It's really not that hard to smuggle stuff into a football ground. 4 lads can carry an IED into the ground without a bag, just assemble in the toilet. A bag searching wouldn't stop a terrorist attack at a stadium. Also why would terrorists attack a stadium that can only hold 27,000? Why not go for Old Trafford or Wembley?

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
He He

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
That was me, Black coat. He's well thank you, shame he can't attend games anymore as I'm his carer for football home games.

Then maybe you should have just kept your mouth shut ? What exactly were you expecting to achieve by being a complete twat ?

EDIT : Something isn't quite right here - you can only be frisked by a steward of the same sex. The word bullshit springs to mind !

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
That was me, Black coat. He's well thank you, shame he can't attend games anymore as I'm his carer for football home games.

Ah..yes I saw you...wondered what was going on...tbh I would have let them get on with it...I go in the same entrance each time ..same couple of stewards ..I just offer them my bag unzipped....tell them what's in it...and hav a larf with them...the thoroughness of there search gets less and less each time...I like to think they are using there common sense.

Glad to hear your Dad is well...I think the best thing for you to do is eat some humble pie (no matter what you think).. And go have a good face to face chat with someone senior in the club...perhaps explain the pressure you are under with your father.

Best of luck

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
I would be surprised if you received a two year ban I really would!

However, in this day and age unfortunately you have to watch what you say and making a potentially sexist comment and a comment about a bomber could and probably was the making of your own downfall! To be fair how do you know that the said female steward wasn't previously sexually abused or has a relative serving in the forces that was killed by a suicide bomber? It's all very well having banter with your mates and to a degree with people on here but to do it with complete strangers comes with risks and unfortunately mate not everyone will have the same sense of humour as you! I would issue a grovelling apology to the club, and hope that the subsequent ban isn't as long as you first thought, next time you go back apologise to the female steward and just co-operate with them for the brief few minutes you walk through the turnstile! The match day experience is only a few hours, it's not really that hard to behave for those few hours is it? After all most of us are grown men! :)

A very good sensible post :nono:

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
The female steward asked to search me, and so she did, It was just a quick rub down, I said is that it, you search my bag and empty it but just give me a quick frisk, why not feel my pants as I could have a big weapon down there.

Amazed how many you have caught there with your fishing fat man . A female steward asked to search you when there were male stewards available?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Gawd! Shit like this makes me cringe. Okay, OP may well have been lippy and awkward, but a 2 year ban for that?? Certainly worth a kicking out on the day, but no more - unless there was more to it. If he's being truthful, then it makes you wonder why you bother going anywhere anymore. Hopefully, there will be an opportunity to explain himself and it isn't just a foregone conclusion.

Nobody has told him he WILL get banned for two years...it is possible that it could be up to two years. (Look at his headline...Looking at a two year ban) All you have to go on is the OP version of events...you have not got the clubs view,I get searched quite often...I have no problem with that...it's a safety procedure...get over it...man up let them do their job ....if somebody did get a flare or bomb in and people got hurt there would be uproar on this board with posters saying 'Useless stewards not doing their job'!

Dr JCL

Jul 18, 2011
I did say it but it was true, f*** me, last time I looked we are a democracy, the oldest living democracy in living memory, freedom of speech only seems to work a few ways.

That's neither true nor makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here