Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

God Save our Queen

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
We've had multi-culturalism in this country for over 1,200 years.

So it's not as though Powell was exactly a visionary.

Your confusing different personalitys with mult-culturalism.

Yes, we have had invations and some J.ewish people come in. But to say we have benn "multi-culturalism in this country for over 1,200 years" shows you know nothing about history.

but opinions that differ from the accepted NSC norm of all immigration is wonderful, ensure that you will be painted as a right wing knuckledragger, have you learnt nothing since you've been on here ?

Erm, maybe the reason you are seen as a bigoted shmuck Herr Bushy has something to do with the fact that your opinions, action and language are that of a bigoted shmuck. Proudly announcing how you supposedly knocked someone out for airing a view that was different to yours doesn't really help your cause.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
but opinions that differ from the accepted NSC norm of all immigration is wonderful, ensure that you will be painted as a right wing knuckledragger, have you learnt nothing since you've been on here ?

I'm not that worried what people think, I'm pretty thick-skinned. I'm also not a black and white thinker (I hope) and can look rationally at any subject.

I didn't say all immigration is wrong, I'm saying that in some cases it hasn't worked out, that does not make me a right wing knuckle-dragger; it should mark me out as someone who can form his own opinion without coercion of the mob, or the majority.

Sometimes majority opinion can be very wrong indeed. The majority were 100% wrong about Galileo, so were the flat-earthers - the majority opinion makers in their time. If I'm wrong then at least I made my own route to discovering my mistake. Better an individualist than a herd follower.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
It quickly turned into a bloodthirsty dash for loot, which was covered up by the religious pretence.

There you go. It was imperialist society at the time, not just the direct actions of the church.

My point is that this thread had a certain anti-Catholic theme to it, whereas what you are talking about is the actions of the universal church, which holds the foundations of the Church of England & other protestant denominations, as well as the modern-day Catholic church. So they are completely irrelevent in a modern discussion about what "Catholics have achieved" or whatever it was.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
We've had multi-culturalism in this country for over 1,200 years.

So it's not as though Powell was exactly a visionary.

As if by magic more flat earthers come out the woodwork waving their o level history certificate.

IF you are referring to the immigration of what became the English, well wiping out languages, marginalising cultures and causing resentment that lives on and is still raw 12 centuries on, it's hardly a recommendation for it is it?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Your confusing different personalitys with mult-culturalism.

Yes, we have had invations and some J.ewish people come in. But to say we have benn "multi-culturalism in this country for over 1,200 years" shows you know nothing about history.

Rubbish. You're confusing one island with one nation.

1,200 years ago, this island was separated politically, linguistically, culturally and ethnically. We have been called a 'bastard nation' mainly on the basis of so many races invading, conquering, settling, then being invaded, conquered and re-settled.

Eventually we settled on one kingdom, one language. But it took the the printed word to do that.

It's got little to do with 'some Jews' coming in.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Erm, maybe the reason you are seen as a bigoted shmuck Herr Bushy has something to do with the fact that your opinions, action and language are that of a bigoted shmuck. Proudly announcing how you supposedly knocked someone out for airing a view that was different to yours doesn't really help your cause.
you've just proved my point , you know none of the facts about the incident yet you've already decided that it happened because his view differed to mine, i suppose it did to the extent that that i disagreed with him and his brother loudly gloating over the deaths of the two soldiers in belfast who drove into the IRA funeral,anyone who doesnt share your airy fairy liberal views is smeared as bigoted , knuckledragging etc

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Eventually we settled on one kingdom, one language. But it took the the printed word to do that.

yes that made everything better. There is no clamour for nationalism, resurgence of interest in languages threatened with or made extinct by mass immigration, and mutual distrust leading to violence, that is even apparent on this thread, eh? 1200 years on.

It's not a brilliant idea. Enoch knew as a historian, what the long term effects would be. Most people who championed mass immigration however, are not that smart. You only have to read nonsense like on this thread to see that.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
As if by magic more flat earthers come out the woodwork waving their o level history certificate.

IF you are referring to the immigration of what became the English, well wiping out languages, marginalising cultures and causing resentment that lives on and is still raw 12 centuries on, it's hardly a recommendation for it is it?

Well, you've hardly covered yourself in glory with your political and historical 'wisdom'.

Would you still like my missus to find out for you the guidelines on adoption policy in the London Borough of Hackney (or whichever one it was)?

*Awaits predictable abuse back...*

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
yes that made everything better. There is no clamour for nationalism, resurgence of interest in languages threatened with or made extinct by mass immigration, and mutual distrust leading to violence, that is even apparent on this thread, eh? 1200 years on.

It's not a brilliant idea. Enoch knew as a historian, what the long term effects would be. Most people who championed mass immigration however, are not that smart. You only have to read nonsense like on this thread to see that.

And how many cultures have survived and thrived on the back of cultural and ethnic purity?

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Well, you've hardly covered yourself in glory with your political and historical 'wisdom'.

Would you still like my missus to find out for you the guidelines on adoption policy in the London Borough of Hackney (or whichever one it was)?

*Awaits predictable abuse back...

go on then. Tell her, '"love i had a pointless row with some bloke on the internet, I need to be right at all costs,will you look up some stuff for me to prove a point?"

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
There you go. It was imperialist society at the time, not just the direct actions of the church.

My point is that this thread had a certain anti-Catholic theme to it, whereas what you are talking about is the actions of the universal church, which holds the foundations of the Church of England & other protestant denominations, as well as the modern-day Catholic church. So they are completely irrelevent in a modern discussion about what "Catholics have achieved" or whatever it was.

Ok, I get your point, then it was the Christian Church that devastated the Americas. I'm not having a dig at modern Catholics, but I will at the Holy Roman Church if it's going to be held up as a beacon of liberalism here or anywhere else - it's the most reactionary entity the world has ever encountered. It fought every scientific discovery tooth and nail until it had to concede (like a beaten boxer) that the scientific evidence was too great to argue against. Today it still preaches "no condoms" in sub-saharan Africa while AIDS has reached pandemic proportions - that's morally wrong, criminal even.

Calvinists, Cromwell, and all the other Protestants had the same intent, and the same repugnant views of other cultures the Catholic Church had, only they didn't have as much power to devastate half the world like the latter did. It's all there in the history books.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Rubbish. You're confusing one island with one nation.

1,200 years ago, this island was separated politically, linguistically, culturally and ethnically. We have been called a 'bastard nation' mainly on the basis of so many races invading, conquering, settling, then being invaded, conquered and re-settled.

It's got little to do with 'some Jews' coming in.

If you read my post you would have noticed I was aware of the invations of some Europian 'cultures'. Which is why I mention the Jewish people aswell becasuse they did not invade, they just came.

Yes I know Great Britian is made of 3 countrys, England, Wales and Scotland. The 3 countrys that make up Great Britian have one culture called being 'British'. This has been around for ever.

So yes, I supose you are correct when you say we have been mult-cultural for 1200 years. We have been English, Welsh and Scotish.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
go on then. Tell her, '"love i had a pointless row with some bloke on the internet, I need to be right at all costs,will you look up some stuff for me to prove a point?"

Well, on the back of you telling me that you know what my missus does (or rather doesn't do) for a living, then you going into meltdown over it before screaming your abuse in a half-arsed acknowledgement of the point being made, I did mention it at the time to her.

On the back of that, she thinks you're a prat.

Still, anything you can tell her about education policies and child adoption policies, I'm sure she give it careful consideration.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
If you read my post you would have noticed I was aware of the invations of some Europian 'cultures'. Which is why I mention the Jewish people aswell becasuse they did not invade, they just came.

Yes I know Great Britian is made of 3 countrys, England, Wales and Scotland. The 3 countrys that make up Great Britian have one culture called being 'British'. This has been around for ever.

So yes, I supose you are correct when you say we have been mult-cultural for 1200 years. We have been English, Welsh and Scotish.

see dont encourage them mate. it descends into 'ooh did you know st patrick was welsh' before you can say Bored Out of My Mind By Thick Smart Alecs.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Well, on the back of you telling me that you know what my missus does (or rather doesn't do) for a living, then you going into meltdown over it before screaming your abuse in a half-arsed acknowledgement of the point being made, I did mention it at the time to her.

On the back of that, she thinks you're a prat.

Still, anything you can tell her about education policies and child adoption policies, I'm sure she give it careful consideration.

hahahaha adid you show your mrs a row you had on the internet!!!!!!!!

i could not give a f*** what she thinks of me. in what wierd world would you think that would annoy me in the slightest. thats really scary.

you've just proved my point , you know none of the facts about the incident yet you've already decided that it happened because his view differed to mine, i suppose it did to the extent that that i disagreed with him and his brother loudly gloating over the deaths of the two soldiers in belfast who drove into the IRA funeral,anyone who doesnt share your airy fairy liberal views is smeared as bigoted , knuckledragging etc

Right, so it is acceptable in general society to put your point of view across by using violence ? Is that not exactly the kind of reasoning that led to those poor soldiers being killed in the way they were ?
And your views come across as bigoted, what can I say ?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

I wasn't referring only to England, Scotland and Wales. I was giving consideration to the fact that England was divided into seven kingdoms.

But even more than that, if you were someone who travelled around the country (rare, except for tradesmen and nobility) you could easily have gone from one area of the country to another, and not understood what was being said.

For example, there is an old tale of sailors leaving London in the 14th century, sailing along the Thames, and stopping at Chatham to buy some local produce. They came away baffled not understanding the locals, especially when they asked for eggs. They were told back in their version of English, that they didn't speak French.

Eventually they got to realise between them that the word 'eggs' didn't exist in their dialect.

A small example, but indicative of diverse cultural heritage.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Right, so it is acceptable in general society to put your point of view across by using violence ? Is that not exactly the kind of reasoning that led to those poor soldiers being killed in the way they were ?
And your views come across as bigoted, what can I say ?
No of course it isnt acceptable to put your point across using violence, but dont you think there was just a tiny bit of "he had it coming " involved ? loudly gloating about the soldiers deaths hardly marks you out as anti violence does it ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here