Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GOD: How much do you believe in him?

How much do you believe in GOD?

• I KNOW he exists for a FACT

Votes: 34 7.1%
  • I cannot be certain, but strongly BELIEVE he exists and live my life on that basis

Votes: 44 9.2%
  • I am UNCERTAIN, but an inclined to believe he exists

Votes: 37 7.8%
  • There is a 50:50 chance of his existence

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • I am UNCERTAIN, but an inclined to be skeptical

Votes: 28 5.9%
  • I cannot be certain, but think his existence is highly improbable, and live my life on that basis

Votes: 145 30.4%
  • God does NOT exist, FACT

Votes: 182 38.2%

• Total voters

Only JC could heal amputees.

WTF are you on about? JC? Do you mean the mythical jesus?

Well if so then I have news for you, he was created by your mythical friend and hence your mythical friend 'gave' him his powers, hence he must posess those powers himself. And anyway, what about the trinity?

Or is that another opiece of your theology you are discarding because it doesn't fit in when faced with difficult questions and real facts?

For fucks sake, if your argument is that god doesn't heal amputees because only jesus was able to then I suggest you go to a corner and rock gently back and forth. You will be a lot more sensible amd make more sense if you do that than you are now.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
He aint here anymore might be the answer.
Sorry, I did quote them the wrong way round. So

How can you heal/replace something that isn't there anymore?

You answered shellsuits question that why is God incapable of healing amputees? With and I quote
How can you heal/replace something that isn't there anymore?

Then you answer another question on the subject

Well, which is it? Is JC more powerful than God? Or are you just tieing yourself up in knots again with your ramblings? How could JC heal/replace something that by your own words isn't there any more?

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
And once again, for the ninty twleveth time in this thread, DerbyGull goes missing after showing himself up!:wanker:

No you complete cretin, i was out. What's your excuse for spending your life on this?

WTF are you on about? JC? Do you mean the mythical jesus?

Well if so then I have news for you, he was created by your mythical friend and hence your mythical friend 'gave' him his powers, hence he must posess those powers himself. And anyway, what about the trinity?

Or is that another opiece of your theology you are discarding because it doesn't fit in when faced with difficult questions and real facts?

For fucks sake, if your argument is that god doesn't heal amputees because only jesus was able to then I suggest you go to a corner and rock gently back and forth. You will be a lot more sensible amd make more sense if you do that than you are now.

If you think he was a myth then i am going to end this discussion here.

Well, which is it? Is JC more powerful than God? Or are you just tieing yourself up in knots again with your ramblings? How could JC heal/replace something that by your own words isn't there any more?

JC used to heal lots of people in the bible: lepers, the blind, cripples, even raising a dead man at one point. There isn't anything about amputees in the bible (apart from a severed ear), presumably amputees couldn't survive in those days. All the people he helped already had their limbs and organs etc in place so it was a matter of fixing what was already there, but what was not working. So rather than my comment 'jc healed amputees' i meant it as a loose term that jc could heal the sick. You could say that amputees living is a 'miracle'? But i doubt you'll see it as a miracle at all.

Last edited:

If you think he was a myth then i am going to end this discussion here.

Ok, evidence for the existance of jesus then. I want contemporaneous historical records. Josephus and Tacitus do not count, both were writing more than 50 years after the supposed death of jesus.

I want you to provide an historical document, not the bible that is not historical, that records a SINGLE event that took place during his lifetime to which he is historically linked and mentioned. Provide a record of the dead walking the streets of Jerusalem after his resurection - something you think the historians may JUST have considered mentioning. A single record from Roman annals recording this leader of a revolt against Roman rule in the Palestine. The bible is not even accurate about the date of the census, it didn't take place during herod's reign so he couldn't have ordered the death of the children. And you say this person, for whom there is no historical evidence WHATSOEVER existed. Welll proof please.

You will not be able to because there is none.

There is more evidence for the existance of Harry Potter than there is for jesus.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
401197155.jpg

399176678.jpg

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
No you complete cretin
Now now, that's not very christain is it? Or are your true colours showing through? Actually, it is very christain of you. Anyone dare challenge your story book, must be mocked. I suppose I'm lucky. 500 years ago I would have been stoned to death for daring to go against the "control the weak book" oops I mean bible.

Anyway, Isn't name calling like this a ban offense?

Yea how many times have you called me a :wanker: and you're still not banned??!!

Come on, historical evidence for your mythical man please?

Give me something concrete and that is accepted by reputable historians, not the likes of David Barton, and I promise to go to church on sunday and pray my socks off and you can notch up another 'soul' saved. Not much to ask for is it? Just a reliable historical document that gives evidence that your 'messiah' actually existed outside of someones mind.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Yea how many times have you called me a :wanker: and you're still not banned??!!
Lots. But thats a smilie that the board admin place there for forum posters to use.

Very different from calling and typing cretin.

But once again, you avoid the main point. You could be a roman cathloic preist at the rate your going.

Call the unbeleivers names when they box you in a corner, avoid any sensitive issues (and theres been enough of them lately) and generally spout of your book of fairy stories, even if you do contridict yourself over and over again..... doesn't matter, just ignore the nasty people when they pick you up on it:wanker:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield

Give me something concrete and that is accepted by reputable historians, not the likes of David Barton, and I promise to go to church on sunday and pray my socks off and you can notch up another 'soul' saved. Not much to ask for is it? Just a reliable historical document that gives evidence that your 'messiah' actually existed outside of someones mind.
He won't give you anything. He's completely clueless. All you need to know about DerbyGull is the sensible religous posters on here, are praying for him to go away, but he keeps coming back. But all he is doing is making religion look even more ridiculous.

He's an athetists best friend. A perfect example of all the is wrong with religion. Don't worry though, he'll end his fairytale book soon (he's stated earlier he hasn't even read the whole bible, still working though it) and maybe, just maybe he'll have a clue whats he's spoouting on about, because at the moment, he's getting tripped up down the wing more than super Lua Lua !!

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts

This has been done to death in this thread already.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Lots. But thats a smilie that the board admin place there for forum posters to use.

Very different from calling and typing cretin.

But once again, you avoid the main point. You could be a roman cathloic preist at the rate your going.

Call the unbeleivers names when they box you in a corner, avoid any sensitive issues (and theres been enough of them lately) and generally spout of your book of fairy stories, even if you do contridict yourself over and over again..... doesn't matter, just ignore the nasty people when they pick you up on it:wanker:

Calling someone a :wanker: is alot worse than calling someone a cretin.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Serious question: where did this claim come from, that God heals the sick?

I know it's lazy of me and I should cite each verse but

Let me google that for you

Is the trinity the father, son and holy ghostand if so are they the three in one or not? Was your god, in your view, the creator of everything and is he omnipotent?

I've not said whether or not I believe in God, but I have said several times on this thread that I think that God is a philosophical issue, not a religious one.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove

It's commonly accepted that Jesus existed, though the contemporary evidence is scarce, if non-existent. However, Judaism accepts he existed, as do Muslims, but they believe he was just another prophet.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Great Turkle God in the Sky

Just a little prayer today. I know the physics people might explain but why did not Craig Mackail-Smiths shot bounce off the post and into the net against Sunderland.

Perseus (Greek God) can kill monsters but who designed the goalposts?

The last gasp Craig designed his shot to hit the goalposts in the right way against Hereford. Good God, I ... did not bribe the Managers to change the rules to goals scored ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here