GOD: How much do you believe in him?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much do you believe in GOD?

• I KNOW he exists for a FACT

Votes: 34 7.1%
  • I cannot be certain, but strongly BELIEVE he exists and live my life on that basis

Votes: 44 9.2%
  • I am UNCERTAIN, but an inclined to believe he exists

Votes: 37 7.8%
  • There is a 50:50 chance of his existence

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • I am UNCERTAIN, but an inclined to be skeptical

Votes: 28 5.9%
  • I cannot be certain, but think his existence is highly improbable, and live my life on that basis

Votes: 145 30.4%
  • God does NOT exist, FACT

Votes: 182 38.2%

• Total voters

shellsuit

Feb 5, 2009
with all due respect hovagirl the bible is awash with references to gods healing powers........somehow however he (or she) is incapable of healing an amputee.........pretty crap effort if you ask me considering god managed to knock out a whole universe in a few days

It's commonly accepted that Jesus existed, though the contemporary evidence is scarce, if non-existent. However, Judaism accepts he existed, as do Muslims, but they believe he was just another prophet.

Someone can accept anything they want but without any historical evidence to back that up it is so much piss and wind. There is ZERO evidence for the existance of the person jesus. Not one contemporary historian or author refers to him and there is no other documentation.

Plenty of people accept that King Arthur and Robin Hood existed, doesn't mean that either of them did though.

DIRK STEELE

Banned
Mar 4, 2011
London now.
If you think he was a myth then i am going to end this discussion here.

JC used to heal lots of people in the bible: lepers, the blind, cripples, even raising a dead man at one point.

He would have done more good if he had shown us how penicillin could be used! Millions of lives would have been saved from horrible deaths if He had done just this simple thing. Why did he not do that? Of course if god had not created all these terrible diseases in the first place....

DIRK STEELE

Banned
Mar 4, 2011
London now.
It's commonly accepted that Jesus existed, though the contemporary evidence is scarce, if non-existent. However, Judaism accepts he existed, as do Muslims, but they believe he was just another prophet.

But the very definition of being a muslim and a religious jew is that one believes and has faith that Jesus existed (and that god made adam and that noah saved all those animals....) hardly an objective proof is it? More of a tautology....?

But the very definition of being a muslim and a religious jew is that one believes and has faith that Jesus existed (and that god made adam and that noah saved all those animals....) hardly an objective proof is it? More of a tautology....?

Not necessarily. Jews 'tend' not to believe in jesus, although they do believe some other messiah will one day turn up and save them. It's just the subject of the delusion that is different, not the delusion itself.

And anyway you could argue quite easily that xtianity is simply a breakaway jewish sect that had no relevance at all until Constantine decreed it would be the regligion throughout the then roman empire. Without xtianity would have dissappeared into history like so many or the other mass dellusional sects.

DIRK STEELE

Banned
Mar 4, 2011
London now.
Not necessarily. Jews 'tend' not to believe in jesus, although they do believe some other messiah will one day turn up and save them. It's just the subject of the delusion that is different, not the delusion itself.

And anyway you could argue quite easily that xtianity is simply a breakaway jewish sect that had no relevance at all until Constantine decreed it would be the regligion throughout the then roman empire. Without xtianity would have dissappeared into history like so many or the other mass dellusional sects.

Totally agree. I was only trying to point out the stupid statement expressed before... i.e 'if most catholic priests believe in god then he must exist...'

It's all utter piffle (to be polite). The notion of this 'God' has human written all over it. It's contradictory in stories/legend, a brilliant public control system, top money making scheme & also provides beleievers with a (denial) smugness about death not being the end.

The boundaries of science keep proving how things really work, so the religous move on to the next unexplained thing and say 'god must've made it that way'; until that proves explainable and then they move on once more in an ever repeating circle.

Some of the beleifs are incredible, for example; do any Catholics on here genuinely believe that the wine & bread turn in to the literal body & blood of Christ? If so you may need to be arrested for cannilbalism!

Current religeons look back at previous ones (Egyptians, Greeks etc) and patronisingly wonder how people could beleive in a god of water, of fire, of sky etc; yet look carefully at your belifs and see if they make any more sense.

Religeon can be used for good, in terms of charitable organisations (although some do have less noble conversion motives); but on the whole it has caused misery, murder, intolerance & bigotry.

I disagree with the arrogant notion that I should respect the religous beliefs of others. I respect their rioght to beleive in what they want (as I do children to beleive in Santa) but I shouldn't be prevented from pointing out how silly and at times dangerous those beliefs can be.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
i disagree with the arrogant notion that i should respect the religous beliefs of others. I respect their rioght to beleive in what they want (as i do children to beleive in santa) but i shouldn't be prevented from pointing out how silly and at times dangerous those beliefs can be.

rofl

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports