Goal music, the ritual with the scorer's name, the "Ultras", a slum of a ground...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Over 3k unsold home tickets for your big game when you went top of the league. God I bet the Premiership are praying you don't go up - another Wigan.:lolol:

Nevermind another BOGOF coming up against Hudds I note.

I honestly thought you were joking, but it's on their official site. I'm sorry, but that is indefensible. I can't think of any other club who would be in an automatic promotion spot in the Championship and offering tenner tickets, or whatever the deal is, in its desperation to attract people to attend its matches. I do worry about these Palace players who are going to be facing the prospect of walking out in front of 30k fans at the Gaymex next year - they are going to shit their knickers! Maybe Hollow Way should take them along to a Premiership fixture in the run up to the Amex game to get them used to full stadiums and big crowds.

I honestly thought you were joking, but it's on their official site. I'm sorry, but that is indefensible. I can't think of any other club who would be in an automatic promotion spot in the Championship and offering tenner tickets, or whatever the deal is, in its desperation to attract people to attend its matches. I do worry about these Palace players who are going to be facing the prospect of walking out in front of 30k fans at the Gaymex next year - they are going to shit their knickers! Maybe Hollow Way should take them along to a Premiership fixture in the run up to the Amex game to get them used to full stadiums and big crowds.

Tis no joke CM. Have a look down their attendances this season - truly appalling for a Club in the top two. They only managed to drag in just over 17k Palace this Saturday - they also don't travel away unless its under a 200 mile round trip. Holloway was told to fill Selhurst - mission impossible.

Seems they are saying that our team didn't turn up Saturday - at least our fans did.

eaglejez

Apr 23, 2004
And a future where our players are paid for by our revenue so we at least wont have to screw our creditors unlike some clubs we could mention

We'll forget about the 100m written off by your Chairman !! You're massively living outside your means just like every other Championship Club. The only difference is you'd be bust if he called in the debt

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
We'll forget about the 100m written off by your Chairman !! You're massively living outside your means just like every other Championship Club. The only difference is you'd be bust if he called in the debt

He can't "call in the debt" - is is unsecured and converts to shares when it expires (which he already holds the vast majority of). The only thing Tony Bloom could do is sell his interest in the club to someone else... but as the family have been involved on the board for decades, and he has said he wants to pass it on to his son, that seems unlikely.

eaglejez

Apr 23, 2004
He can't "call in the debt" - is is unsecured and converts to shares when it expires (which he already holds the vast majority of). The only thing Tony Bloom could do is sell his interest in the club to someone else... but as the family have been involved on the board for decades, and he has said he wants to pass it on to his son, that seems unlikely.

you're kinda missing the point

eaglejez

Apr 23, 2004

I hope you don't mind me quoting this on the BBS. We have a post of the year competition I'm really keen to win !

eaglejez

Apr 23, 2004
Our fans turned up Saturday - yours didn't. Over 6k empty seats for your cup final - truly appalling support.

Congrat on the attendances. You really should start to big them up. Its so interesting and really makes Palace fans feel really down !

Good luck for the rest of the season. For what its worth btw I thought CMS looked your best player. I'm guessing Buckley had an off day ?

Heres a stat btw. Average attendance 1992-2012
Palace 16,917 Brighton 6,848

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
congrat on the attendances. You really should start to big them up. Its so interesting and really makes palace fans feel really down !

Good luck for the rest of the season. For what its worth btw i thought cms looked your best player. I'm guessing buckley had an off day ?

Heres a stat btw. Average attendance 1992-2012
palace 16,917 brighton 6,848

twice

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

There is no debt. Read up on it.

Andyjohnson

Feb 1, 2012

Middlesbrough did exactly the same thing a few weeks ago but offering tickets for a fiver. Millwall haven't lost for over two months and they're still struggling to get more than 14,000 through the door. Your argument is so boring, i really dont know when football fans became so sad. Count yourselves lucky that the people of Brighton have suddenly become interested in going to the soccer, as most of your new fans probably call it. Oh and let go of them straws will ya

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports