Goal music, the ritual with the scorer's name, the "Ultras", a slum of a ground...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
No. pre kick off.

Which is why you can see the match in progress (circa 85 minutes) in the reflection on the left, and the Weed fans streaming towards the exits.

But don't let any facts get in the way of interminably riding your sad, bitter and embarrassing little hobby-horse into the sunset. :timmy:

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
If and when Palace go up, will Sky’s increased largesse be spent on developing the ground, or will it be allowed to crumble further, thereby becoming yet more of a festering anachronism, a monument to a bygone era, whilst the millions are spent, again, on players that the club cannot afford?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If and when Palace go up, will Sky’s increased largesse be spent on developing the ground, or will it be allowed to crumble further, thereby becoming yet more of a festering anachronism, a monument to a bygone era, whilst the millions are spent, again, on players that the club cannot afford?

If it's the latter than they would unquestionably become Portsmouth FC part 2.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing

Would any of our Palace friends care to venture an answer?

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex

Well I would hope a very large part of the extra money will be spent on the ground....The AW stand knocked down and rebuilt or such like. The two stands behind the goals are fine, so just a brush over with a paintbrush sould be OK.

When we went up last time we did not spend that much, and the fact we lost all of it + sum, is more to do with the dealings of our owner at the time, and not only shocked us, we found it embarasing as well!!

But IMHO football has got live within its means.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

I'll answer it for you .
IF we go up , millions and millions will be siphoned off by our lying owners,we will sign up journeyman mercenaries ( sound familiar?) on big fat contracts, the Holmesdale will sink into the floodwater underneath,and the Main stand will be condemned by Croydon council.
After one season, we will sink back to the Championship amid massive debts. Just as the vultures are circling (again) Simon Jordan sets sail from Spain, and buys the club back from 2010 for 2p.
After all our top players scarper, we have to play the academy boys, and they do us proud with another victory at The Amex in front of 35,000 supporters.
Does that cover everything ?

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I'll answer it for you .
IF we go up , millions and millions will be siphoned off by our lying owners,we will sign up journeyman mercenaries ( sound familiar?) on big fat contracts, the Holmesdale will sink into the floodwater underneath,and the Main stand will be condemned by Croydon council.
After one season, we will sink back to the Championship amid massive debts. Just as the vultures are circling (again) Simon Jordan sets sail from Spain, and buys the club back from 2010 for 2p.
After all our top players scarper, we have to play the academy boys, and they do us proud with another victory at The Amex in front of 35,000 supporters.
Does that cover everything ?

A not-unlikely scenario...after which eventuality Palace will again have shown the Albion how not to run a football club.

Nathaniel10

Sep 27, 2012
Listen gents we can talk all day about geography, size of stadiums, Ultras, Clap your hands for Brighton yadda yadda yadda. Fact of the matter is it is that what happens on the football pitch which is the main issue.

We murdered you for 90 minutes - blame the sending off but if Dunk managed to do the one of the most basic skills in football and control a simple pass then the ref dont send him off. It was a red 100% all day long no complaints. From that point on it was a stroll and there were points where you were made to look stupid. This Bruno fella that you lot whipped up a frenzy about leading up to the game was completely mugged off time and again by Bolasie. CMS with his big moment smacked of a striker who's confidence is blown to pieces and then the icing on the cake was King Murray who really rubbed your noses in it. A perfect day for Palace fans and another tails between legs job for your gobby lot. Yes you will beat us one day eventually and god help us when that happens because the City of Brighton will combust.

My point is that the bragging rights belong in SE25 - yes that lovely part of South London we call home. Dont like it then dont come here. It may not be as wonderful as the sunny south coast but boy the team can play at the moment and that is what matters. If I were you lot I would keep schtum for a while, keep a low profile because if that was me that sat through that tripe that Gus served up I would be pretty embarrassed.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
And the good thing is that we still beat them more often than they beat us

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

:ffsparr::ffsparr::ffsparr::ffsparr::ffsparr::ffsparr::ffsparr::ffsparr::ffsparr::ffsparr:

:cheers::rock:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Re: Goal music, the ritual with the scorer's name, the "Ultras", a slum of a ground...

1 win out of 8 in the last decade though.

Well we've only played you 7 times in that timeframe ???!!!!

Surely you're not getting ahead of yourselves at assuming at least a point at the AMEX on St Patricks Day?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That is desperate stat and good luck to you if that helps comfort you.

All I care about is last Saturday and the current league table pal

How is desperate that overall we ARE the better side? Weird, you lot keep switching between history and current league positions. Last season all you lot cared about was history, although only recent history as - as I just said - historically we are the better side in head to heads. Now it's all about now. So next time we go above you, it'll be about the last 35 years again, yes?

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
How is desperate that overall we ARE the better side? Weird, you lot keep switching between history and current league positions. Last season all you lot cared about was history, although only recent history as - as I just said - historically we are the better side in head to heads. Now it's all about now. So next time we go above you, it'll be about the last 35 years again, yes?

I think it's more to do with us being in a higher league than you for most of the last 35 years that we go on about the past, not the head to heads. Anyway, I'm much more concerned with the present and future and if I'm honest I think exciting times are around the corner for both clubs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports