Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Outstanding but still only the 3rd best player on the pitch after Williams and Zaha.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Murray and CMS together would be quality. Shame we couldn't afford both. Given the choice of one, I'd far rather have CMS but we need to find someone with physical presence who can hold the ball up when we're under pressure. It just keeps coming straight back.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Murray man of the match, don't know how Zaha didn't get himself sent off but oh well. Murray was classy tonight and did everything the right way.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Was impressed with Williams. I didn't think Zaha was all that he took his goal well...but we let him.
Second half, Zaha had Painter in a right old state.

Respect to Murray though. It does look like Poyet might have dropped a bollock there.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Zaha was the best player on the pitch, closely followed by Murray and Bridcutt, the one man midfield.

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
Zaha was the Man of the Match by far. Bridcutt as Sir Jimmy says, the one man midfield looked good in a sea-sea-sea of shite.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Very pleased to hear the laconic northern enigma handled himself with dignity and not at all surprised he had a good game or scored (don't returning former hero strikers have an uncanny knack for doing?). Also, I've never seen a whole page of threads on The Big Board on one match before, perspective and a reality check methinks.....

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
His first touch last night was sublime at times. He missed a couple of chances but at least he got into positions to take them. Apart from the goal I don't think CMS or Barnes had a sniff between them.

We lost Murray for £1,500 a week and an extra year on the contract, it was a dumb decision at the time and looks worse now.

---
I am here: Google Maps

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
All three goals looked massively preventable, as did the three Leeds goals. As mentioned, although I was accusing him of being a fan of masturbation, he did show some class by not celebrating.

This.

Sorry not joining the Murray 'love in'. He was very average, did do a couple of good things in terms of lay-offs to other players but that was it, shocking miss in first half. The goal probably glossed over a poor performance by him.

CCredit for not celebrating though.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Earned my respect by not celebrating. Very impressed with him last night. Letting him go was a massive, massive mistake.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Total respect for Murray for taking all the abuse, not celebrating a well-taken third goal, and being an all-round class act tonight.
Listening on the radio all I could hear was "Murray ..... Murray ..... Murray ...." he seemed to be all over the pitch. Zaha got quite a few mentions as well.

But yeah, they said he didn't celebrate so he gets ten out of ten for that. Showed a bit of class.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
His first touch last night was sublime at times. He missed a couple of chances but at least he got into positions to take them. Apart from the goal I don't think CMS or Barnes had a sniff between them.

We lost Murray for £1,500 a week and an extra year on the contract, it was a dumb decision at the time and looks worse now.

---
I am here: Google Maps

Agreed mate, my only real gripe about Gus since he joined but I'm over it.....

Hdeagle

May 17, 2011
Murray is getting better as he regains his fitness and scored a very well taken goal against West Ham yesterday and also his flick-on to Williams set up Ambrose for the first goal.

Palace fans are very impressed at how well he has settled in and what he brings to the team in both hold-up play and goals.

Mints

Banned
May 24, 2011
This.

Sorry not joining the Murray 'love in'. He was very average, did do a couple of good things in terms of lay-offs to other players but that was it, shocking miss in first half. The goal probably glossed over a poor performance by him.

CCredit for not celebrating though.

FFS Murray was quality. Big mistake from Tonys and Gus not agreeing a contract with him.

dgh123

Aug 7, 2011
However much I don't like Murray's decision you have got to give it to him not reacting to the goal after the amount of verbal he was getting from the crowed :albion:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here