Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
FFS Murray was quality. Big mistake from Tonys and Gus not agreeing a contract with him.

He was ok, nothing more many NSC-ers seem a bit blind by their respect for him.

Great year last season, before had been average at best. Had he not scored he wouldn't have warranted a mention other than the miss in the first half.

I would have liked him to stay but not because of anything he did last week.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Poyet got it wrong, we should have kept Murray. Most of us thought "Gus knows best". Well he clearly didn't in this instance and we'd be a much more potent attacking force with Murray in the squad. I don't believe it was because we couldn't afford it, it was Gus not thinking he was up to this league or worth what he was asking for. IMO, obviously.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Poyet got it wrong, we should have kept Murray. Most of us thought "Gus knows best". Well he clearly didn't in this instance and we'd be a much more potent attacking force with Murray in the squad. I don't believe it was because we couldn't afford it, it was Gus not thinking he was up to this league or worth what he was asking for. IMO, obviously.

I will see the season out before i let hindsight be my judge on such matters-for now i am still happy.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
Muzza - is Champ quality. Why we let him walk is a mystery to all except GP and GM. Yes I think we'd be a better team with him still here, along with Benno who we also surrendered too easily.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He was ok, nothing more many NSC-ers seem a bit blind by their respect for him.

Great year last season, before had been average at best. Had he not scored he wouldn't have warranted a mention other than the miss in the first half.

I would have liked him to stay but not because of anything he did last week.
How many has he scored altogether? We have two strikers in the top ten for this division and having a couple of bad games doesn't alter that fact. He wanted more money than we were prepared to pay him. CMS will score more than Murray over the whole season.

How many has he scored altogether? We have two strikers in the top ten for this division and having a couple of bad games doesn't alter that fact. He wanted more money than we were prepared to pay him. CMS will score more than Murray over the whole season.
Agree with this. A bad run and not only are we criticising our current players but lauding a player we effectively let go who, for the majority of this season so far, has not even been considered good enough to start by Palace.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Why bring CMS into it. I want him as well, they would have been a good combination. If you read the post, I would like him to have stayed, but am saying that he didn't play that well last week!!

Time to move on....

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

So you say Gus got it wrong, but then say that the reason was he didn't think Murray was worth what he was asking for. So what was he asking for? Oh that's right you don't know, so how can you then say that Gus got it wrong? Or would you have preferred us to pay more than Gus thought he was worth?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I will see the season out before i let hindsight be my judge on such matters-for now i am still happy.

Fair comment, if Gus finds a target man of similar or the same quality I will be happy to be proved wrong. CMS was not Murray's replacement as so many seem to think, we need a player who can win headers when we go route one or knock in crosses, defend well in the air when we need him to and hold the ball up as well as score goals. Murray filled all those requirements, I think Gus is finding out just how difficult it is to replace a player like that now.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We haven't had a chance to see CMS with Hoskins as yet, apart from Cardiff, but they looked promising together in preseason. Barnes has been undroppable due to scoring but I think we may see a different line up following the break.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
So you say Gus got it wrong, but then say that the reason was he didn't think Murray was worth what he was asking for. So what was he asking for? Oh that's right you don't know, so how can you then say that Gus got it wrong? Or would you have preferred us to pay more than Gus thought he was worth?

We'll end up paying plenty more for a replacement if we have to pay transfer fees and wages. Gus is not infallible, he may well have got it wrong and as I said at the end of my post..IMO.

eagleseatseagulls

Sep 5, 2005
SE25
I've always thought why would Murray leave you lot to come to Palace. guess being a bigger club with better fans would have something to do with it.

Last edited:

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I saw him on the beach today, I wanted to say hello and thanks for last season, but bottled it as he was with wife, kids and parents/in laws

Really? I thought he would have moved up the A23, after all it's such a nice place. Also the club has a superb stadium and loads of fans and lots of money. So I'm suprised he's still hanging around in Brighton.:shrug:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Really? I thought he would have moved up the A23, after all it's such a nice place. Also the club has a superb stadium and loads of fans and lots of money. So I'm suprised he's still hanging around in Brighton.:shrug:

His girlfriend/partner is from Brighton which is why he chose Palace as it was the nearest offer he could get without moving away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here