Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray...wanker

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I just know if I was Bloom, with his cash and success, then no two bob lower division footballerr would push me around !

But is Murray the anti-Christ? Sure, he has signed a long contract, but things have, seemingly, not worked out. Is he being an absolute arsehole? Is he refusing to play? I think various portions of our fanbase are being very unfair on him and this witchhunt is not helping.

No-one really knows what is going on, apart from a select few. Perhaps he is happy to play for us, but wants to save his relationship? Perhaps he got pissed off with the various people singing scathing songs towards him or his partner? Perhaps he is just fed up with everything? A footballer is still a human being and prone to natural human reactions.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Well that may be your view, but for me it is a football matter and until Slade decides he doesnt want Murray in the team anymore then Bloom should stay away!

Slade is the Manager, not just a coach and as such he should be dealing with player unrest

Last edited:

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
But is Murray the anti-Christ? Sure, he has signed a long contract, but things have, seemingly, not worked out. Is he being an absolute arsehole? Is he refusing to play? I think various portions of our fanbase are being very unfair on him and this witchhunt is not helping.

No-one really knows what is going on, apart from a select few. Perhaps he is happy to play for us, but wants to save his relationship? Perhaps he got pissed off with the various people singing scathing songs towards him or his partner? Perhaps he is just fed up with everything? A footballer is still a human being and prone to natural human reactions.

I think we have been through this and there is no point making up the facts. Murray got a fantastic reception when he came on. No mate it is cllar as day that he faied to turn up to a meeting on the pitch, ignored the puters all to stir up trouble so bloom would sell him for less. You ant have that in business. W all have personal issues and you get on and do your job and when you sign a contract you abide by it. He had sympath of the fans until satuday, now he is sen by me at least as playing silly bggers and that mate means that two can play that game - and bloom is in a far better position to win that particulr argument. its a shame, he is a good lower division player

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Does anyone acctually know if he did it to cause trouble?

ok he was standing yards away from the crowd but maybe he did hear the 20 odd people trying to start a chant, mabe he has heard all the abuse he has had throughout his time here and just maybe it has tainted his view of the fans in general and he just couldnt be bothered to clap and thank the fans who (admitidly only a small group) had made a 'joke' about his missus?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think you are being very naive and there is a bigger issue here, and that is whether Bloom will let himself get pushed around by the people that he pays. Murray did it deliberately to provoke a reaction to try and get the fans on his back so that Bloom would sell him cheaply. its a lassic agents tacti, and one that bloom should reverse on the agent and the player. Make him stay until Christmas and tell him the reason is because of his antics on saturday and that no player or agent should even think about messing with us.

Sure these are often used tactics to get a move, unfortunately, this time around no one has made an offer. Doesn't matter what Glenn Murray does or doesn't do after a match, we can't sell him unless someone makes an offer and nobody has. Glenn would know this, and know playing those games is pointless until someone makes an approach.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Well that may be your view, but for me it is a football matter and until Slade decides he doesnt want Murray in the team anymore then Bloom should stay away!

Slade is the Manager, not just a coach and as such he should be dealing with player unrest

I do agree with your point about Slade dealing with the issue, but when Murray ignored Slades call for the players to group together then he is now ignoring his superior. The next step is that is this escalated to the next level and in this case it would be Bloom.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Perhaps, just perhaps, he has genuine problems at home and his mind was elsewhere other than a bunch of grown men who think it is acceptable to call the opposition keeper a rapist and then start acting wounded when he does not make clap them?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Perhaps, just perhaps, he has genuine problems at home and his mind was elsewhere other than a bunch of grown men who think it is acceptable to call the opposition keeper a rapist and then start acting wounded when he does not make clap them?

If his mind is elsewhere then we should question his being in the squad at all.
The same seemed to apply to Joel Lynch last season.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The argus is reporting that Murray still has issues regarding his hernia. One of the fans on here reported that Dean White mentioned Murray having/due to have surgery.

Perhaps the post-match huddle was pre-planned and murray was excused from it to get to the medical table asap.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
The argus is reporting that Murray still has issues regarding his hernia. One of the fans on here reported that Dean White mentioned Murray having/due to have surgery.

Perhaps the post-match huddle was pre-planned and murray was excused from it to get to the medical table asap.

Have you got a link to that Argus story?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So the truth might be finally coming out as to why he missed the huddle?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

Thats why he came straight back out the dressing room then?

Why would him having an issue with his hernia effect him clapping the crowd and/or joining in the huddle?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Have you got a link to that Argus story?

Time to end Murray's misery From The Argus)

It later transpired that Murray did not acknowledge Albion’s travelling army at the final whistle.

The same thing happened a few days earlier at Swansea, where I noticed him disappear straight down the tunnel.

Murray is not doing himself any favours by snubbing supporters in this way but I have some sympathy for his plight.

He is desperate for a move back north due to complicated domestic circumstances which, frankly, are none of our business.

It is also important to bear in mind that he continues to be plagued by hernia problems, despite travelling to Germany for surgery in the latter part of last season.

Albion have been trying to manage an awkward situation for both club and player since Murray’s summer transfer request.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

Why would him having an issue with his hernia effect him clapping the crowd and/or joining in the huddle?

Yes, it seems strange he runs in because he has hernia problems then comes straight out afterwards for a warm down? A bit of white wash me thinks.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Get in to be checked over by the physio so that he can join in post match warm down. Yes.

Having hernia issue = needing to get checked over by medical staff to be sure he hasn't done major damage asap so get off the pitch at the final whistle.

Not applauding because in pain, or simply not applauding because he doesn't see the point in it. Because he's an arse who happens to play well (according to most people), whatever.

I'm just raising the issue of his hernia to possibly explain him skipping the huddle. Personally I don't care about the lack of applause for the fans and think it's quite pathetic that some people think it is such an appalling thing for him to do. And I'm not even a fan of Murray.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Get in to be checked over by the physio so that he can join in post match warm down. Yes.

Having hernia issue = needing to get checked over by medical staff to be sure he hasn't done major damage asap so get off the pitch at the final whistle.

Not applauding because in pain, or simply not applauding because he doesn't see the point in it. Because he's an arse who happens to play well (according to most people), whatever.

I'm just raising the issue of his hernia to possibly explain him skipping the huddle. Personally I don't care about the lack of applause for the fans and think it's quite pathetic that some people think it is such an appalling thing for him to do. And I'm not even a fan of Murray.

:lol:

Your worse than a politician mate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here