Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray...wanker

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
With all these threads going on, not to mention my anti-Murray thread, I feel that it may have been better to just continue to chant his name and make him feel like he was wanted and in a way make him feel guilty for blanking us.

Do you honestly think he'd feel guilty?

He clearly wants away from Brighton and doesn't give a damn about the club or its supporters-he's hardly going to feel guilty if people continue to chant his name. Hopefully he'll be gone soon because it must be unsettling for the new guys in the squad to be around somebody who clearly hates being at the club. It may be a contributory factor to how we've been playing of late.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
would you lot celebrate if Murray was to score the winning goal tomorrow night???

I would-I don't care who scores our goals, as long as somebody does. And soon.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Regarding his situation at home, I don't really feel sorry for him at all. I would if he was a brickie or working the hod and had to move down to put food on the table, but that is quite the opposite.

1) He plays football for a living, something that any of us would give our right bollock for.

2) He is earning a very good salary. It's not the millions of the premiership, but at a guess he's probably on more than the MD of a mid sized company, something most of us will never get close to.

3) He works a 3 hour day.

Given all of those factors, if he can't keep his missus happy for a couple of years in a different part of the country (a short, affordable flight from home :shootself) then at least one of them has got big problems.
They should give each other a hard kick up the arse every afternoon while watching countdown and loose women, just to remind each other that they're lucky he's not working down the mines and she hasn't got to work just to feed their new born child.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
would you lot celebrate if Murray was to score the winning goal tomorrow night???

I hope he's not even in the squad, that'll put a stop to what are starting to look like mind games

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Is this still going on?

So what, he didnt wave to you and didnt join in the huddle!!

If it was Elphick that had done that then no-one would bat an eyelid!

Like I have already said, about 5-6 players at Swansea didnt come and wave to the fans and going there on a Tuesday night was more of an effort than a quick hop up to London on a Saturday!

It wasn't so much what he did, but the way in which he did it Ali.

It seemed pre-meditated.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Is he shunning his teammates or are they shunning him? I can't imagine he is massively popular if he has handed in a transfer request.

I am not sure I would be that inclined to clap the fans with a small pocket giving me or my girlfriend/wife abuse.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Is he shunning his teammates or are they shunning him? I can't imagine he is massively popular if he has handed in a transfer request.

I am not sure I would be that inclined to clap the fans with a small pocket giving me or my girlfriend/wife abuse.

Thats a good point about the team shunning him!

There were a few times on Tuesday where he was DEMANDING the ball in riddiculus places and then reading the riot act to whoever didnt pass it to him so I wouldnt be suppried if they were a bit pissed!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I hope he's not even in the squad, that'll put a stop to what are starting to look like mind games

I second that, f*** him, let him rot in the reserves as an example to the rest.Yes i know he is an asset etc etc and all the shop window stuff.Fact is something has got to give, do we play a player with bad attitude, who wants away, in the hope he scores a goal just so another club put an offer in.Or drop him totaly, so nobody comes in with decent offer, just to show we will not be held to ransom by a jumped up nothern twat!!Also players who are hungry and want to play and impress, will soon get pissed off if sulky bollocks gets the call, ahead of them.

I second that, f*** him, let him rot in the reserves as an example to the rest.Yes i know he is an asset etc etc and all the shop window stuff.Fact is something has got to give, do we play a player with bad attitude, who wants away, in the hope he scores a goal just so another club put an offer in.Or drop him totaly, so nobody comes in with decent offer, just to show we will not be held to ransom by a jumped up nothern twat!!Also players who are hungry and want to play and impress, will soon get pissed off if sulky bollocks gets the call, ahead of them.

and how does that us help recoup the £300,000 +wages and signing on fee. that we splashed out

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
and how does that us help recoup the £300,000 +wages and signing on fee. that we splashed out

It dosnt, but what is the answer?????Play him and it sends out the wrong signals to the other players(clearly not one of the boys after sat)..Drop him and make him play with the kids...Its lose, lose whatever, if he scored a brace tomorrow and we get our £300k back, then he needs replaceing, and quick, not easy for £300k......Lets face it, every buying club knows he is unhappy so there are going to try and get him as cheaply as they can.Whatever happens, the sooner this is sorted the better, for all conserned especially the club.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Would you get arsey with someone at Tesco if they didnt thank you for going to their shop?

Lets face it, its the same pricipal!

Don't be ridiculous-it's nothing remotely similar.

And for the record, yes, I would get arsey with somebody at Tesco if I'd just spent £100 in there and they didn't thank me.

Comparing football to shopping in a supermarket is pretty silly.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Don't be ridiculous-it's nothing remotely similar.

And for the record, yes, I would get arsey with somebody at Tesco if I'd just spent £100 in there and they didn't thank me.

Comparing football to shopping in a supermarket is pretty silly.

Where did you come from to spend £100 to get to a football match??

You pay money to the business and some of that will go towards wages

They have to deal with the public, some of which can be rude without being provoked(sp)

They might fall out with their collegues.

The only diffrence is one of them is paid to play football and one is paid to work on the tills.

That fact that people are moaning that they pay Murrays wages (not by going to brentford might I add) means that he should come and thank them personally at every oppertunity. This is the same as moaning about a tesco employee for not thanking them even though you buying some bananas goes towards their wages!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
.Lets face it, every buying club knows he is unhappy so there are going to try and get him as cheaply as they can.Whatever happens, the sooner this is sorted the better, for all conserned especially the club.

You are right every club is going to try to sign himon the cheap so I would think the best answer for us is for us to play him, him score goals he would make more clubs interested in signing him as goalscorers are at a premium and we would get the money we want.

You are also right it must be sorted out very quickly for the best interests of all concerned.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
You are right every club is going to try to sign himon the cheap so I would think the best answer for us is for us to play him, him score goals he would make more clubs interested in signing him as goalscorers are at a premium and we would get the money we want.

You are also right it must be sorted out very quickly for the best interests of all concerned.

Perhaps by playing him it might create a level of disharmony at the club? If he wants out, then I say sell him for whatever price we can manage with a decent sell on clause. Why play someone that doesn't want to play for the club? What message does that send out to the other players in our squad or potential signings?

Ferguson is, arguably, the finest manager in England and he is more than happy to ship out decent players if they are not toeing the line or are proving to be disruptive for whatever reason. Obviously, he is going to find it easier to replace the outgoing player, but do we really want to hang onto someone that is not necessarily going to be firing on all cyclinders for the sake of £100k or so?

I can see where people are coming from. I don't think it is right to have a Murray witchhunt. Some transfers work and some don't. The guy seems to have personal issues that are affecting him and we are just a job for him at the end of the day. I would be willing to put my family before my job.

Mar 3, 2004
Hove
I think you will find that Tescos, Sainsburys and all the others actually TRAIN their staff to say thank you. Because it polite and will give the customer a good feeling of being APPRECIATED for using their store. The staff probably dont give a toss but they do it because they are in a service industry AND its what is expected because after all its just plain polite, isnt it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here