Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray...wanker

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I think you will find that Tescos, Sainsburys and all the others actually TRAIN their staff to say thank you. Because it polite and will give the customer a good feeling of being APPRECIATED for using their store. The staff probably dont give a toss but they do it because they are in a service industry AND its what is expected because after all its just plain polite, isnt it.

Thanks-saved me the job of responding further.

As a footnote to all of this-I think I'm right in saying that every Premiership club's players acknowledge their fans at away games. Why does somebody plying their trade at the arse end of the third tier of English football think they shouldn't do similar?

He might be Mr Nice Guy but he isn't very bright is he? The easiest way to get the move that he so clearly wants is to make himself wanted by other clubs. His attitude on Saturday has probably knocked his value down to a free transfer or close to it-well done Glenn.

Mar 3, 2004
Hove
Thanks-saved me the job of responding further.

As a footnote to all of this-I think I'm right in saying that every Premiership club's players acknowledge their fans at away games. Why does somebody plying their trade at the arse end of the third tier of English football think they shouldn't do similar?

He might be Mr Nice Guy but he isn't very bright is he? The easiest way to get the move that he so clearly wants is to make himself wanted by other clubs. His attitude on Saturday has probably knocked his value down to a free transfer or close to it-well done Glenn.

Was in the Sun today as well so that wont have helped him either.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Where did you come from to spend £100 to get to a football match??

You pay money to the business and some of that will go towards wages

They have to deal with the public, some of which can be rude without being provoked(sp)

They might fall out with their collegues.

The only diffrence is one of them is paid to play football and one is paid to work on the tills.

That fact that people are moaning that they pay Murrays wages (not by going to brentford might I add) means that he should come and thank them personally at every oppertunity. This is the same as moaning about a tesco employee for not thanking them even though you buying some bananas goes towards their wages!

£20 Ticket(average),£20 Train(more if up north),£20 (Food),£10(Fags),£20(Bookies),£40(Booze).....Easy to spend £100+ for a footie match,away from home:laugh:

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
Murray showed a lack of respect to his boss when running off the field when Slade was calling them over for a chat. Then he blanked the punters as well. The same punters who gave him a good reception when he came on. Slade must show he is boss and fine him, to give a message to the players that are staying. Murray acted like a 12 year old in a strop and should be slapped down. I think bloom should give him a call and remind him also that he is paying his wages and he expects his employees to behave like an adult. As for the abuse he got, yep there were hundred's on the terrace waiting for him after the warm down, but well as Murray acts like a 12 year old then he will understand when I say "...well he started it".

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
£20 Ticket(average),£20 Train(more if up north),£20 (Food),£10(Fags),£20(Bookies),£40(Booze).....Easy to spend £100+ for a footie match,away from home:laugh:

But you dont have to spend £10 on fags, £20 in the bookies, £40 on booze and £20 on food do you? Thats your choice.

anyway thats not the point I was making.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Perhaps by playing him it might create a level of disharmony at the club? If he wants out, then I say sell him for whatever price we can manage with a decent sell on clause. Why play someone that doesn't want to play for the club? What message does that send out to the other players in our squad or potential signings?QUOTE

Do we know that he is causing disharmony within the club? I would suggest that his body language and the way he was laughing and joking with the other subs at half time would suggest that isnt the case and that the other players do not resent him in the sightest. I would think that the only reason he says that he doesnt want to play for the club is entirely down to his problems with his wife/girlfriend and nothing against the club or his team mates.

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
But you dont have to spend £10 on fags, £20 in the bookies, £40 on booze and £20 on food do you? Thats your choice.

anyway thats not the point I was making.

Mate, the point he is making is that he is the punter, Murray the employee, and the fella should understand that and he is expected (not asked - expected / required) to behave himself. Murray behaved like a 12 year old in a stop. It was not good enough and Slade should tell him that in no uncertain terms. The punters spoke, and Murray must take it as he created the incident.

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
Perhaps by playing him it might create a level of disharmony at the club? If he wants out, then I say sell him for whatever price we can manage with a decent sell on clause. Why play someone that doesn't want to play for the club? What message does that send out to the other players in our squad or potential signings?QUOTE

Do we know that he is causing disharmony within the club? I would suggest that his body language and the way he was laughing and joking with the other subs at half time would suggest that isnt the case and that the other players do not resent him in the sightest. I would think that the only reason he says that he doesnt want to play for the club is entirely down to his problems with his wife/girlfriend and nothing against the club or his team mates.

I sort of agree but if Bloom can afford it then I would do the reverse and put his transfer fee up and be stubborn so to make a point to the next little idiot who think he can chuck his toys out of his pram

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Mate, the point he is making is that he is the punter, Murray the employee, and the fella should understand that and he is expected (not asked - expected / required) to behave himself. Murray behaved like a 12 year old in a stop. It was not good enough and Slade should tell him that in no uncertain terms. The punters spoke, and Murray must take it as he created the incident.

I know the point he is trying to make, Im not denying that his actions wernt what you would expect from a pro footballer.

What Im trying to say is that people need to take a reality check and realise that its was only a strop and they shouldnt get so worked up by it!

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I know the point he is trying to make, Im not denying that his actions wernt what you would expect from a pro footballer.

What Im trying to say is that people need to take a reality check and realise that its was only a strop and they shouldnt get so worked up by it!

So bring back Leon Knight then? :thumbsup:

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008

Agreed, ipeople should not get that worried about football, as it is only football. But the club should take it seirously as Bloom and Slade hvae to show strength so to deter the next player in a strop

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
If he's longing for the frozen north,send him out on loan to the Highland League for a couple of months,preferably to somewhere that only gets a ferry once a week,with one little shop with no fancy gear in it-Isle of Lewis might be nice!Might bring him back down to earth!:cool:

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Agreed, ipeople should not get that worried about football, as it is only football. But the club should take it seirously as Bloom and Slade hvae to show strength so to deter the next player in a strop

Thats what Ive said from the word go!

Yes, he acted like a bit of a spoilt kid throwing his toys out the pram (much like some people on here over the smallest things)

Yes, as a professional Footballer he should act like a PRO, especially with kids idolising him

NO, does it really matter in the grand scheme of things if h waves to the fans or not!

Like Ive said a number of times, at Swansea about 5 of the players walked off the pitch without thanking the fans, I didnt see one post (apart from mine) about it!

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
Thats what Ive said from the word go!

Yes, he acted like a bit of a spoilt kid throwing his toys out the pram (much like some people on here over the smallest things)

Yes, as a professional Footballer he should act like a PRO, especially with kids idolising him

NO, does it really matter in the grand scheme of things if h waves to the fans or not!

Like Ive said a number of times, at Swansea about 5 of the players walked off the pitch without thanking the fans, I didnt see one post (apart from mine) about it!

You miss the most important point. His boss, Slade, called him to a meeting on the pitch and he walked off and was rude to the punters. To offences at work that would get me sacked. Bloom should kick his spoilt little childish backside fom here to kingdom come. By the way, i'm a Murray fan as a player, he was our best player by a mile

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
You miss the most important point. His boss, Slade, called him to a meeting on the pitch and he walked off and was rude to the punters. To offences at work that would get me sacked. Bloom should kick his spoilt little childish backside fom here to kingdom come. By the way, i'm a Murray fan as a player, he was our best player by a mile

Im not missing the point, my point is that the fans are making this a mountain out of a molehill!

The fact that he didnt join the huddle is something for Slade and the rest of the coaching set up to sort out, like Ive said from the start!!!!

Just so every one is clear...

YES, he was silly and should know better

NO, its NOT a big deal that he didnt thank the fans.

YES, I think some people are just jumping on the bandwagon by having a go at him!

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
Im not missing the point, my point is that the fans are making this a mountain out of a molehill!

The fact that he didnt join the huddle is something for Slade and the rest of the coaching set up to sort out, like Ive said from the start!!!!

Just so every one is clear...

YES, he was silly and should know better

NO, its NOT a big deal that he didnt thank the fans.

YES, I think some people are just jumping on the bandwagon by having a go at him!

I think you are being very naive and there is a bigger issue here, and that is whether Bloom will let himself get pushed around by the people that he pays. Murray did it deliberately to provoke a reaction to try and get the fans on his back so that Bloom would sell him cheaply. its a lassic agents tacti, and one that bloom should reverse on the agent and the player. Make him stay until Christmas and tell him the reason is because of his antics on saturday and that no player or agent should even think about messing with us.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I think you are being very naive and there is a bigger issue here, and that is whether Bloom will let himself get pushed around by the people that he pays. Murray did it deliberately to provoke a reaction to try and get the fans on his back so that Bloom would sell him cheaply. its a lassic agents tacti, and one that bloom should reverse on the agent and the player. Make him stay until Christmas and tell him the reason is because of his antics on saturday and that no player or agent should even think about messing with us.

I dont think Im being Naive.

Like I said on the other thread, I dont think Bloom should get involved in this. It was Slade that called the meeting on the pitch, not in the board room and as such it is a Football matter and should be delt with by the manager.

People used to slate Knight for getting involved in Football affairs so why is it diffrent for Bloom?

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
I dont think Im being Naive.

Like I said on the other thread, I dont think Bloom should get involved in this. It was Slade that called the meeting on the pitch, not in the board room and as such it is a Football matter and should be delt with by the manager.

People used to slate Knight for getting involved in Football affairs so why is it diffrent for Bloom?

This is about money not team tactics. I dont know why Knght got slated for interferance, as I dont know and nor do others if he did. But this is all about transfer fees, and the power of the player / agent. Bloom needs to show the players who is boss, and that is why Bloom should keep him until Christmas. (Well I say should, ultimately its up to Bloom as its his cash not mine!)I just know if I was Bloom, with his cash and success, then no two bob lower division footballerr would push me around !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here