Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray please Mr Bloom....

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He wouldn't have known what CMS was offered as it was three months later.

This is a great point many miss. Murray left months before CMS arrived.

The issue was budgets, the club admit that and Ken Brown 'resigned' shortly after that window. We operated a very fixed transfer fund / wage fund model that meant we couldn't have redirected some of the transfer fund into the wage pot and vice versa.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No ... what has he done since leaving Palarse ?

Not good enough for Reading ? He was banging them in and Reading would have kept him but Palace wanted him back to injuries.

What your question really is, is what has he done for Bournemouth this season

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Not good enough for Reading ? He was banging them in and Reading would have kept him but Palace wanted him back to injuries.What your question really is, is what has he done for Bournemouth this season

8 for Reading .. 3 for Bournemouth.

Last edited:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Please stay away from these ageing players....Thankfully the club are buying talented youngsters and that's the way forward.
Zamora slow
Murray slow
Hemed slow
MMMMMMM

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Not good enough for Reading ? He was banging them in and Reading would have kept him but Palace wanted him back to injuries.

What your question really is, is what has he done for Bournemouth this season
He certainly scored a few 8 in 18 although some penalties I think.They didn't rate him and found him lazy.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Still lives in Brighton i understand. Could do a lot worse, give me Murray over Hemed any day.

Give me Murray AND Hemed. Despite being woefully short of form, Tomer continues to work his socks off for the team. He was on fire in the first part of the season, and it's all too easy to knock a man when he's down. The goals will come again for him I feel sure.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If I was in TB position I would be watching what happens and if we couldnt sign a striker during this window look at either GM or Kermorgant on a 93 day loan in February.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I think it's quite ironic that he still lives in Brighton even though he hasn't played for us for a few years especially when you remember that in his first season with us he was complaining of feeling homesick and not feeling settled down here

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think it's quite ironic that he still lives in Brighton even though he hasn't played for us for a few years especially when you remember that in his first season with us he was complaining of feeling homesick and not feeling settled down here

That will happen if you are a young lad who's missus has just disappeared with your young child !

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Give me Murray AND Hemed. Despite being woefully short of form, Tomer continues to work his socks off for the team. He was on fire in the first part of the season, and it's all too easy to knock a man when he's down. The goals will come again for him I feel sure.
I take it your later comments re Tomer relate to O'Grady also. Tomer may work his socks off for you, although strange how he gets less stick than O'Grady. Tomer has been very poor over the last number of games, strange how he does not get the abuse O'Grady did, even though O'Grady held the ball up well and bought players into the game, although could not score like Hemed.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Yes, I remember now, you're right, I think it was more her than him that had the problem settling down here. I think she came back though. That gives me an idea for a new thread....

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I just can't see it happening. I think Glenn is a slightly odd character and a man of principles that with everything that has happened, AND the way he went to Palace means he would not come back here through choice.

He'd probably rather go out on a loan to ANYONE else in the Championship except us unfortunately.

I would love to be proven wrong, I really would but just can't see it.

We really don't know what went on, the club had its wage caps. Would hope he would consider despite the unfair abuse he took from some fans

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I take it your later comments re Tomer relate to O'Grady also. Tomer may work his socks off for you, although strange how he gets less stick than O'Grady. Tomer has been very poor over the last number of games, strange how he does not get the abuse O'Grady did, even though O'Grady held the ball up well and bought players into the game, although could not score like Hemed.

All of the above is fair, however the glaring omission for me is that O'Grady never even looked like scoring or was even in a position to miss. Hemed has had blocked shots, hit the woodwork and at times been unfortunate.

I would give you Ashley Barnes, comfortably a better player than both Hemed and COG, but received terrible criticism from some on NSC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here