Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray please Mr Bloom....

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
All of the above is fair, however the glaring omission for me is that O'Grady never even looked like scoring or was even in a position to miss. Hemed has had blocked shots, hit the woodwork and at times been unfortunate.

I would give you Ashley Barnes, comfortably a better player than both Hemed and COG, but received terrible criticism from some on NSC.

That just about sums it up.

As for FFS obviously he is lazy,disinterested and picking up a pay check. He loved Palace so much :jester:

Mind you he scored on Sat and we did used to liken him to Berbatov.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
what's the OBSESSION for EX players!!! I remember Murray 1st 2 year at the club, he was s***, it's gone leave it be!! do you stalk your ex''s? ??

I tell you what my obsession is.... if they are miles better than what we currently have i want them back if possible.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
All of the above is fair, however the glaring omission for me is that O'Grady never even looked like scoring or was even in a position to miss. Hemed has had blocked shots, hit the woodwork and at times been unfortunate.

I would give you Ashley Barnes, comfortably a better player than both Hemed and COG, but received terrible criticism from some on NSC.
Yep agree - fair comment re o'grady not looking like scoring. At the end of the day he is a striker! One mission, ball sits at the back of the net. Agree with Barnes quote, yes got plenty of stick where I sit, barnsey another like Hemed - (there, but not quite) not clinical. I liked Barnes not giving enough credit. We want a clinical scorer of goals, although at a great cost hey! Lack of a cheap goal is a big worry hey.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Too slow. Rumours that he's been lazing around in training. Yesterday's man.

It's an observation that has been made before, that Glenn Murray is always great in the last year of his contract, then reverts to the 'other' Murray with 3 more lucrative years in his back pocket.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
It's an observation that has been made before, that Glenn Murray is always great in the last year of his contract, then reverts to the 'other' Murray with 3 more lucrative years in his back pocket.
He wasn't bad in his 2nd season at Palace. And his record with a much poorer Albion team around him was still pretty good - the problem was the homesick/hernia issues. Another classic NSC myth.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Murray will go on a 93 day loan to either Reading , QPR, Fulham, Brentford, Charlton or us.

It may depend who is the most desperate for a striker to pay the highest loan fee.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Nah. I'd rather slip down the league than have JUDAS back. It's the same principle I have with women. If she left me and then smoked the bone with my worst enemy I wouldn't have her back either. No matter how good in bed she was.

A man must have some principles. Glory hunting be damned.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
what's the OBSESSION for EX players!!! I remember Murray 1st 2 year at the club, he was s***, it's gone leave it be!! do you stalk your ex''s? ??

NO HE WASN'T! Sorry for shouting but so tired of this re-writing of history. Go back and look at his goal to game record. He scored at a rate of 1 in 2 in EVERY season with us. He was quality, some of his play with Forster was fantastic.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I tell you what my obsession is.... if they are miles better than what we currently have i want them back if possible.
But are they miles better than every other footballer on the entire planet?

There's tens of thousands of footballers out there.
There are thousands of footballers available.
There must be hundreds available who 'could do a job'.

Why the fook would you be so small minded as to be obsessed with players who clearly weren't good enough first time round?

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
NO HE WASN'T! Sorry for shouting but so tired of this re-writing of history. Go back and look at his goal to game record. He scored at a rate of 1 in 2 in EVERY season with us. He was quality, some of his play with Forster was fantastic.

okay, in my opinion (an I saw every game at withdean) I thought he was a lazy waste of money for at least 1st season and a half and didn't know why he was so much money (it was expensive for us at time,record fee) appreciate he had hernia that no one knew about but until the last season I REALLY didn't rate him!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006

When GM arrived he had this dreadful habit of fiddling about with the ball on the edge of the area. The whole of withdean would be begging him to SHOOT...but he never did.

Instead what we got was endless drivel about his homesickness ruining his game...homesickness for a bird who he suddenly binned. He did come good but bloody hell. To start with he was SHOCKING.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Agreed, my favourite player from the day he first played to the day he left. He didn't run around kissing the badge but was a different class to just about every other player in the side the whole time he was here. Some fans are just too needy for players who "feel the love"

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
When GM arrived he had this dreadful habit of fiddling about with the ball on the edge of the area. The whole of withdean would be begging him to SHOOT...but he never did.

Instead what we got was endless drivel about his homesickness ruining his game...homesickness for a bird who he suddenly binned. He did come good but bloody hell. To start with he was SHOCKING.

Err that is rubbish.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Err that is rubbish.

In your opinion. I was a STH at withdean and remember the whole of H block tearing their hair out whilst Murray Fannied around. Like I say he discovered his mojo in the end and became a great player but he was very frustrating to watch in the beginning.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
okay, in my opinion (an I saw every game at withdean) I thought he was a lazy waste of money for at least 1st season and a half and didn't know why he was so much money (it was expensive for us at time,record fee) appreciate he had hernia that no one knew about but until the last season I REALLY didn't rate him!

He was 300k I believe and the first player we had paid a fee for in quite a while (funded by TB even then if I recall) but we were paying more for players in the early 80's.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here