Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray please Mr Bloom....

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
In your opinion. I was a STH at withdean and remember the whole of H block tearing their hair out whilst Murray Fannied around. Like I say he discovered his mojo in the end and became a great player but he was very frustrating to watch in the beginning.
H block...the most goony block of the ground. Tells you all you need to know really...how could any of those plebs form an opinion when they were too busy singing about the away fans?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
okay, in my opinion (an I saw every game at withdean) I thought he was a lazy waste of money for at least 1st season and a half and didn't know why he was so much money (it was expensive for us at time,record fee) appreciate he had hernia that no one knew about but until the last season I REALLY didn't rate him!

When GM arrived he had this dreadful habit of fiddling about with the ball on the edge of the area. The whole of withdean would be begging him to SHOOT...but he never did.

Instead what we got was endless drivel about his homesickness ruining his game...homesickness for a bird who he suddenly binned. He did come good but bloody hell. To start with he was SHOCKING.

1 in 2 is shocking? You have very, very, very high standards. You can't argue with that ratio.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
In your opinion. I was a STH at withdean and remember the whole of H block tearing their hair out whilst Murray Fannied around. Like I say he discovered his mojo in the end and became a great player but he was very frustrating to watch in the beginning.

Ah, H block. It all makes sense now.

As you were.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So, just to confirm, Murray's early stats:

Season 1 - 11 goals in 18 games.
Season 2 - 14 goals in 28 games.

Only a Barcelona fan could legitimately call that shocking. That is objectively a very good return. He then got EVEN better.

Of course, all this is only focusing on shooting, which is only 1 part of his game. He was superb positionally, defensively at corners, and laid on innumerable goals for Barnes, Wood etc.

FKalinx

Aug 18, 2006
I heard before Christmas from someone who sees Glenn regularly that he is unhappy at Bournemouth and is looking to move on. He also intimated that he would come back to BHA if wanted.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
would be a much safer bet than 7 or 8 million for a latino import......there would however ,be a few hatchets to be buried on both sides of the table.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I heard before Christmas from someone who sees Glenn regularly that he is unhappy at Bournemouth and is looking to move on. He also intimated that he would come back to BHA if wanted.

That makes sense living in Brighton, would you want that drive to and from Bournemouth everyday or to stay in a hotel. Even Fulham Brentford or QPR would be easier to drive to.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Seems Glenn Murray takes a while to settle at any club he joins, was unhappy with us, although still scored a very decent amount of goals, moved to the manky mob, had a shit first season and according to some, wanted to come back to Brighton, now he's in his first season at Bournemouth and the cycle has gone back to default.

If that is the reason for his dip in form rather than the injury then yes I'd welcome him back, could definitely do a job as they say.

But because it can only be a loan, I would rather we got someone of his ability or better on a permanent deal now

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Tragic.
We don't want him. He's never coming back. Give it up.

Sadly he is much better than anyone we currently have. If we don't get someone at least as good we can kiss the playoffs goodbye.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
If we were making loads of chances that weren't being put away then Murray would be a good addition but we aren't and I don't think Murray is mobile or quick enough to make the difference on his own.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So, just to confirm, Murray's early stats:

Season 1 - 11 goals in 18 games.
Season 2 - 14 goals in 28 games.

Only a Barcelona fan could legitimately call that shocking. That is objectively a very good return. He then got EVEN better.

Of course, all this is only focusing on shooting, which is only 1 part of his game. He was superb positionally, defensively at corners, and laid on innumerable goals for Barnes, Wood etc.

First season 8 goals in 21 games soccerbase
Second season 12 goals in 28 games soccerbase
Third season 14 goals in 37 games soccerbase
Fourth season 22 goals in 50 games soccerbase

Still not to be sniffed at.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
1 brace in season 1
2 braces, one hattrick season 2
2 braces season 3
2 braces, one hattrick season 4

So season 2 was 7 goals in 25 games.

I really thought he put 4 past someone.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So season 2 was 7 goals in 25 games.

I really thought he put 4 past someone.

It was 7 in three matches + 5 in 25 matches. (or, he scored at least one goal in 8 of 25 matches).

I'm just going by the soccerbase stats. Maybe it was a friendly? Maybe it was a contentious goal that was officially awarded to someone else (e.g. own goal).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It was 7 in three matches + 5 in 25 matches. (or, he scored at least one goal in 8 of 25 matches).

I'm just going by the soccerbase stats. Maybe it was a friendly? Maybe it was a contentious goal that was officially awarded to someone else (e.g. own goal).

Still not quite the 1 in 2 being touted.

I know that for a fact, because if he was scoring something close to 1 in 2 he'd have been sold off for big money, long before being given to the northerners.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here