Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Glenn Hoddle

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
i Honestly don't care anymore. Hopefully someone will be confirmed as manager soon.. :yawn:

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Handicap gaffe?

Really...you understand what offence that caused then do you? Or we're you just trying to be oh so ****ing hilarious?

*drama queen alert*
yes I understand the offence caused. But most sane people offended don't carry that bitter grudge on 15 years later. What he said was wrong in my opinion. Doesnt require being hung drawn and quartered though does it.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I know he would be ridiculed by some punters and maybe by the media too but I think Hoddle is still highly regarded within the game as a coach and certainly talks a lot of sense. He certainly advocates the right style of footie so would be a positive appointment for a Club. He knows footie across Europe and has an eye for decent players.

I've heard several pundits recently mention Hoddle as being one of the few potential candidates who could sort out the England set up and inspire us to play positive footie.

If Hoddle came to the Albion I would hope the fans would rally round him and give him 100% support.
Neither Glenn Hoddle or Harry Redknapp would get my support...I want this club to go forward...not backwards...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Like Curbishley out of the game too long - not for me.

The difference being that he has been running a coaching school in Spain so will have kept in touch with young prospective players which could come into recognition at the youth academy plus probably speaks Spanish. Come to think of it that could be the job he is being touted for Head of The Academy next year. Before anybody suggests it he wasnt at Spurs with Tanno.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
And how would he take us backwards? Explain please?
Sure...he has been out of management for over seven years...times and football have changed...they had their moments of glory and I agree he was a great player...whilst I was surprised at his 'disabled' remark (as I'm disabled ') it showed that he has his mind on reforming the world rather than the Albion...if he did come to be our manager he would have to prove himself to be worthy for the job and my opinion is that he would fail....would love Oscar to be here but as I say it's my opinion...please explain why you think he could take this club forward...I think all this managers (Redknapp,Warnock,Hughes) have had their day...fresh blood and new ideas are wanted...thanks

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Sure...he has been out of management for over seven years...times and football have changed...they had their moments of glory and I agree he was a great player...whilst I was surprised at his 'disabled' remark (as I'm disabled ') it showed that he has his mind on reforming the world rather than the Albion...if he did come to be our manager he would have to prove himself to be worthy for the job and my opinion is that he would fail....would love Oscar to be here but as I say it's my opinion...please explain why you think he could take this club forward...I think all this managers (Redknapp,Warnock,Hughes) have had their day...fresh blood and new ideas are wanted...thanks
If you visit the other Hoddle thread you will see why I think it will work. He has not been out of management for the past 7 years though has he? Any manager we get will have to prove himself to us fans, so happy with that.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Was fairly neutral about this earlier, but I'm starting to see the merits of appointing him. Seem to remember he didn't do great at Wolves though ???

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Hoddle has some 'baggage' with his rather unfortunate personal views from about 15 years ago but before we get too precious so do many other managerial candidates being touted (plus our existing manager if he stays) also have some form of baggage, some of it at least as serious. Harry, Fergie Jnr etc.

Having drawn a line in the sand and gone down the formal route in dealing with Gus's alleged breach of contract it will be interesting to see if Tony Bloom will accept a manager with some form of 'previous'. I guess TB may be less precious if it was for non-football matters whereas a breach of contract is fundamental and at the core of the relationship. I guess that most top quality managers will have some form of skeleton in their cupboard, its whether this is disproportionate to them being the best candidate for the footie job and not clashing with the qualities of the Club and expectations of sponsors.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Didn't Hoddle publish his World Cup diary where he broke several confidences? I think that's another black mark against him.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The difference being that he has been running a coaching school in Spain so will have kept in touch with young prospective players which could come into recognition at the youth academy plus probably speaks Spanish. Come to think of it that could be the job he is being touted for Head of The Academy next year. Before anybody suggests it he wasnt at Spurs with Tanno.

To be clear the academy is available to players who have been released by their clubs or were not spotted as juniors. It does not mean they are good enough to cut it at a senior club as we have seen with some of our own development players. Surely, we would not be filling a Championship team with youth academy players?

Head of Academy, I guess would be where he could do less damage short-term.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here