Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Glenn Hoddle

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
no myth, was at WC 98 he got all impatient at beckham not being able to curl a free kick exactly where he told him so just did it himself

Ghoddle is my all time footballing idol but really not sure he was the albion need

still not quite over the utter shambles he wreaked at spurs where there was no manager ever with as much good will who failed so badly - he speaks a lot of sense but alot of sh1t at the the same time

7 years too long as well but hey

Could be the making of Ryan Harley then..........or not.

Not being a betting man, I have no idea of what I am talking about.

But as I understand it the longest odds are 250 to 1, for Sven Goran Ericsson.

I assume that means that anybody not on that list must have odds of at least 250 to 1, am I right so far?

If so, then I have a name that's not on that list. So if this person is the next permanent Brighton manager, if I put 10 quid on, I will get back at least 2,500 quid, is that right? Plus my 10 quid stake money?

So how do I bet 10 quid on Gus Poyet?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Well he did exceptionally well at Wolves.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
You not think your being just slightly over sensitive?

Not at all, do you think it's a "gaff" to say that disabled people are paying for sins they committed in previous lives"?

Been through thick and thin with the Albion but I for one would not allow a single penny of mine to go anywhere near Hoddle's pocket

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Not being a betting man, I have no idea of what I am talking about.

But as I understand it the longest odds are 250 to 1, for Sven Goran Ericsson.

I assume that means that anybody not on that list must have odds of at least 250 to 1, am I right so far?

If so, then I have a name that's not on that list. So if this person is the next permanent Brighton manager, if I put 10 quid on, I will get back at least 2,500 quid, is that right? Plus my 10 quid stake money?

So how do I bet 10 quid on Gus Poyet?

Poyet isn't the next Brighton manager - he's the current Brighton manager albeit suspend.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Interesting that Alan Brazil was talking about Hoddle possibly returning to management this morning on the radio. Now all these rumours, wonder if Fat Al had heard something and it was him that stuck a ton on.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Great player, crap manager, just like many others like Paul Ince.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Not at all, do you think it's a "gaff" to say that disabled people are paying for sins they committed in previous lives"?

Been through thick and thin with the Albion but I for one would not allow a single penny of mine to go anywhere near Hoddle's pocket

Yes I do. I think it was badly advised, and possibly not meant the way it came out. However if that's what he believes then that's his right. I might not agree with everything you say, but I certainly wouldn't be this dramatic about it. If Hoddle gets the gig and brings glory to the Albion, then I feel very sorry for you not being around to share the good times. Your loss.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Great player, crap manager, just like many others like Paul Ince.

Yeah really crap. Fa Cup final, Cup Winners cup semi final and 11th in the prem with Chelsea, under KEN BATES. Over 60% win ratio with England, the third best in History and not's let forget, this is the man who got Swindon Town to the prem....Yeah really crap manager. Suppose you think Poyet is fantastic, remind me what's he done compared to Glenn???

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Yeah really crap. Fa Cup final, Cup Winners cup semi final and 11th in the prem with Chelsea, under KEN BATES. Over 60% win ratio with England, the third best in History and not's let forget, this is the man who got Swindon Town to the prem....Yeah really crap manager. Suppose you think Poyet is fantastic, remind me what's he done compared to Glenn???

Personally think he's been too long out, but that could work other way as well.
Rather have him than Poyet though. I love it now everyone turning, the amount of shit I've taken coming home from away games in the last 15 months after I started to think Poyet wasn't gods gift

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
He has not been out of the game for 7 years.
He set up his own academy to train and develop players who had been released and try and get them new clubs.
That is someone who still has the drive to look after players at the bottom of the rung even though he had been an England Manager.

We are a club that is going to have to make use of the talent we have in the development squad alongside our senior pros.
I think he would have the respect of the senior and junior players.

More than happy that he takes over with Calderon as assistant.....

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Id be very happy with Hoddle. Would carry on the Gus style of play, would keep the good relationship we have with Chelsea and the Spanish clubs. Would give a youngster a chance if he was good enough, has something to prove, and I can see him working well with Bloom. The handicap gaff is so yesterday. it's a YES from me.

Handicap gaffe?

Really...you understand what offence that caused then do you? Or we're you just trying to be oh so ****ing hilarious?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here