Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Glenn Hoddle

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Bet that would go down really well with our disabled supporters...it's all their own fault seemly.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Always said I'd like Hoddle until someone asked me why, and the pointed out his man management skills were pretty much non existent. Still, yes please! I think there is something about our club and his ability that will just work!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
no thanks

Mew

Aug 16, 2011
I still like the fact that if you type Hoddle into an iPhone it suggests Godless as the correct word. iPhones are clearly the stewards of truth.

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010
Certainly listening to him a few weeks ago on the radio talk for a couple of hours about the problems facing the English national side (and to a lesser extent football in England generally) and how to address some of the problems (even simple things such as training players to be able to use both feet) he certainly sounded like the sort of person you'd want managing your club and developing players and styles of play.

He certainly comes across as someone who likes to see football played the right way and seems articulate enough to be able to get across his ideas to people. Whether he'd want to get back into the spotlight of being a manager and all the baggage that would come with it is anyone's guess but I wouldn't be unhappy to see him managing us at this stage in our development.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
no thanx every time i see him on espn doing the commentary he talks so much crap just like hoddle

At least if he was manager you wouldn't have to listen to him as co-commentator on ESPN.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I would be furious if Hoddle got anywhere near the Albion seeing, absolutely ****ing furious

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I think Hoddle would be ok compared to some (but not all) of the names touted on here recently.

I don't think it will be any easier to earn an automatic promotion place next season especially with some of the resources available to our rivals, so anything that gives us an advantage needs to be seriously considered. I think Hoddle would have the edge over people like Fergie Jnr.

I think the footie would be ok but not sure about the media looking for the slightest hint of a controversial comment or angle from Hoddle off the pitch. Given the current situation Tony Bloom might think it's time for a decent manager with a lower profile and less baggage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here