[Albion] Glenn Hoddle

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Would be very happy to see Glenda come to our club, perfect time to shape a dynamic club from the ground up.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Id be very happy with Hoddle. Would carry on the Gus style of play, would keep the good relationship we have with Chelsea and the Spanish clubs. Would give a youngster a chance if he was good enough, has something to prove, and I can see him working well with Bloom. The handicap gaff is so yesterday. it's a YES from me.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Yes. He will do.Skilful, artful, imaginative and the most sublime passer of a ball I have ever seen. But only if it is mandatory for all of the Dev Squad to line up him in front of him and attempt to emulate that imperious scissor kick goal he once scored (at Loftus Road I think). If you cant pull off a passable version of that then it is no YTS contract for you young man.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Id be very happy with Hoddle. Would carry on the Gus style of play, would keep the good relationship we have with Chelsea and the Spanish clubs. Would give a youngster a chance if he was good enough, has something to prove, and I can see him working well with Bloom. The handicap gaff is so yesterday. it's a YES from me.

"Handicap gaff"

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
No from me - as others have said, too long out of the game, prone to letting his mouth run and I'm not sure he'd keep team morale all taht well either.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
His England team was the best I've seen. I wouldn't mind having Hoddle at all.
the best England team we have ever had was in 1966
and Sir Alf would be great only problem is he is dead

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Yes. He will do.Skilful, artful, imaginative and the most sublime passer of a ball I have ever seen. But only if it is mandatory for all of the Dev Squad to line up him in front of him and attempt to emulate that imperious scissor kick goal he once scored (at Loftus Road I think). If you cant pull off a passable version of that then it is no YTS contract for you young man.

Wasn't it claimed that Hoddle was dismissive of any players on the training ground who cannot do skills to his level - or is that a myth?

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
I say yes, if he brings Waddle. A sing a long to that 80's classic Diamond Lights, pre match entertainment sorted.

Mullets optional?

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
On the basis of there being no way back for Gus and preferring him to 'Arry Redknapp and Darren Ferguson, I actually think Hoddle would be a decent choice.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Wasn't it claimed that Hoddle was dismissive of any players on the training ground who cannot do skills to his level - or is that a myth?

I thought it was more that he resented similarly skilful players like Gazza and Le Tissier.

On that basis Ryan Harley is out of luck again.

joeywortho

Jun 3, 2013

no myth, was at WC 98 he got all impatient at beckham not being able to curl a free kick exactly where he told him so just did it himself

Ghoddle is my all time footballing idol but really not sure he was the albion need

still not quite over the utter shambles he wreaked at spurs where there was no manager ever with as much good will who failed so badly - he speaks a lot of sense but alot of sh1t at the the same time

7 years too long as well but hey

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here