Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Giving up my season ticket.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Price increase will see thousands give up their season ticket.(final straw for many)

Will doubtless be a modest 5% increase or something. If that causes thousands to give up their season tickets then, face it, they've probably made their minds up already to give up their season tickets for all sorts of reasons that have little or nothing to do with a modest price increase

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Will doubtless be a modest 5% increase or something. If that causes thousands to give up their season tickets then, face it, they've probably made their minds up already to give up their season tickets for all sorts of reasons that have little or nothing to do with a modest price increase
Agree but to a lot of people a 5% increase is not a modest increase particularly in the current circumstances.hope I am wrong but something has to give.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Agreed. And if thousands and thousands really did give them up then the club would probably have to rethink it.

The should put on the renewal form "Should the Albion spend big on a striker?" if you tick YES then the price goes up 25%. Would be genuinely interesting to see how the 'easy to spend someone else's money' argument stacks up then.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

5% is not a modest increase.
However if it were to include free sharing of ST with any Fan number this could be deemed a fair increase.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Not sure why "doubtless" this would be the case when its more normal for there to be no increase as with last year.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Agreed. And if thousands and thousands really did give them up then the club would probably have to rethink it.

The should put on the renewal form "Should the Albion spend big on a striker?" if you tick YES then the price goes up 25%. Would be genuinely interesting to see how the 'easy to spend someone else's money' argument stacks up then.
[MENTION=1647]b.w.2.[/MENTION] is going to be BROKE

Last edited:

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021

It's a hard one to call how much should a season ticket cost before it comes a luxury ?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It's a hard one to call how much should a season ticket cost before it comes a luxury ?

It's always a luxury, isn't it?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
By the way here are the details about the virtual fan forum on Tuesday Jan 25th >>

"It gives us an opportunity to feedback to fans on the covid regulations introduced in December, which fans have been excellent in assisting the club with implementing.
"We have had superb feedback from both the government and Premier League on our fans at home and away matches.
"Supporters' compliance with the new regulations has not only enabled football clubs to continue welcoming full capacity crowds, but the feedback from the government has been that it has provided a blueprint for other industries and helped them to remain open."

"The forum will also give supporters the opportunity to ask any questions they may have, including any questions on our position relating to the recent fan-led review of football governance, safe standing at the Amex and upcoming season-ticket renewals, by when we will have shared renewal information with supporters."
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2444144/virtual-fans-forum-tuesday-25th-january
To register (looks like its a zoom call) https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_4D2j417mRKi2JUVpYDlX2A

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
5% is not a modest increase.
However if it were to include free sharing of ST with any Fan number this could be deemed a fair increase.

It's less than the current CPI, so it can easily communicated as modest (club still losing money, covid, blah blah etc - you can hear the speech already). Agree though - adding 5% and getting rid of ST sharing costs would definitely get my vote (if this was a democracy, which it isn't - it's a dictatorship as we all know :lolol: )

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
A concern most certainly, but huge? I'm not so sure. As you say these are strange times and Covid has a massive influence on what is happening at the moment.

At the end of the day though we all know that it isn't us fans who provide the main source of revenue for the club, but the billions that they make from t.v. rights and other media outlets every year. There is no sign of that ever drying up!

It'll be a big concern - partly because of the uncertainty. Regardless of the TV bunce, Tony won't want a stadium that's a significant % empty every week.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I think there is a growing divide between the Club and the fans over the cost of football. I don't think it's unique to our Club, but I do think it's something which should be addressed and not ignored and I do think that it will hurt the club not to soften its stance over the availability of tickets and sharing them as a season ticket holder. I think the current policies are bad and wrong.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
By the way here are the details about the virtual fan forum on Tuesday Jan 25th >>

"It gives us an opportunity to feedback to fans on the covid regulations introduced in December, which fans have been excellent in assisting the club with implementing.
"We have had superb feedback from both the government and Premier League on our fans at home and away matches.
"Supporters' compliance with the new regulations has not only enabled football clubs to continue welcoming full capacity crowds, but the feedback from the government has been that it has provided a blueprint for other industries and helped them to remain open."

"The forum will also give supporters the opportunity to ask any questions they may have, including any questions on our position relating to the recent fan-led review of football governance, safe standing at the Amex and upcoming season-ticket renewals, by when we will have shared renewal information with supporters."
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2444144/virtual-fans-forum-tuesday-25th-january
To register (looks like its a zoom call) https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_4D2j417mRKi2JUVpYDlX2A

Good to know we'll have ST renewal info before 25th Jan; which is within a fortnight basically.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Good argument. Although the 3m additional revenue would probably go no further than to cover the transfer fee for a speculative punt on a South American teenager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here