Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Giving up my season ticket.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
It'll be a big concern - partly because of the uncertainty. Regardless of the TV bunce, Tony won't want a stadium that's a significant % empty every week.

Its not just the club. The TV companies don't want it either - part of the value for the Premier League when selling rights is is full stadiums with great atmosphere . Its wrong to assume that because its a small part of overall income its inconsequential. It has all sorts of knock on commercial affects.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I don't think the club are bothered that a few of us (such as me) have not renewed this season. There are plenty of younger fans to take my place and the current low crowds are due largely to factors outside of the clubs control. The new younger fans waiting in the wings are the long term future of the club, not people like me north of their 50's. They are the ones the club needs to be targetting.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Can see the club are trying to get as many bums on seats for matches as just got an email relating to my son's U18 season ticket with a reminder about being able to upgrade to a full price ticket for every match this season (compared to the usual 6 times a season). Good to see them trying to get as many fans in as possible.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Can see the club are trying to get as many bums on seats for matches as just got an email relating to my son's U18 season ticket with a reminder about being able to upgrade to a full price ticket for every match this season (compared to the usual 6 times a season). Good to see them trying to get as many fans in as possible.

Was about to post the same. It seems the club are moving on things, and might shift on the transferring of the season ticket policy too. We'll see.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Good argument. Although the 3m additional revenue would probably go no further than to cover the transfer fee for a speculative punt on a South American teenager.

Of course. But it might make people think a bit.

tronnogull

May 17, 2010

Same email regarding O65 tickets.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

If they are trying to do that, I would suggest they got rid of the payments around season ticket transfers. That would be one seat more filled for the next game at least....

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Same email regarding O65 tickets.

If they made ALL tickets outside of hospitality and 1901 available at concessions to O65s it would help no end. I don't want to move out of WSL, but the lack of a concession price for me and Mrs Earle is going to hurt next season. I haven't found another seat that I like (at Cup Games) but this season, I'm sitting behind Hagrid who moves enough to block my view when there's a chance of a goal. What with Covid and now a preference to buy parking for my own safety, even Feb 2022 isn't far enough away. Mrs Earle has lost her Amex mojo, but if I let our seats go, I'll never get them back. I still love it, but especially if Mrs Earle is there to enjoy it with me. Luckily our son still joins me/us which still makes it great, but it's all a bit of stress I could do without.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
PREMIER LEAGUE football is better on TV. Every other level 1000x better being in person at the ground. Very plastic and bland. Would still probably rather go than not since it’s our only option for our team right now plus looking like that won’t change any time soon.

Football at any level is best watched live, sitting in front of the t.v. is a cop out in comparison.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
My wife and I are also giving up our season tickets at the end of this season which is for me very sad as I have had a season ticket since the late 1970s I only missed one game while we were in exile at Gillingham and only a few while at Withdean and then the Amex and until this season have enjoyed all of our highs and lows, the reasons I am giving it up are mainly to do with the constantly changing fixtures it makes planning an impossible task and means I am missing more games than I ever have and not being able to pass my ticket onto my daughter or brother is money down the drain, so instead next season I will get be going along to my local team Lancing where I can walk to the ground have a beer on the terrace and I am also planning to travel to watch a game in every round of next years FA Cup from the preliminary rounds to hopefully the final.
I will still follow the Albion and get to games as and when I can, but mostly I will follow them via the television

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
If they are trying to do that, I would suggest they got rid of the payments around season ticket transfers. That would be one seat more filled for the next game at least....

Clearly this won’t even be considered for change until the beginning of next season. I’m sure the club is monitoring feedback and will announce any planned changes at the same time as new ST proposals are sent out.

I’d be surprised if there was any increase in prices given that many of us are paying an artificially low monthly DD this season so even an increase to the full cost will seem like a price rise.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
My wife and I are also giving up our season tickets at the end of this season which is for me very sad as I have had a season ticket since the late 1970s I only missed one game while we were in exile at Gillingham and only a few while at Withdean and then the Amex and until this season have enjoyed all of our highs and lows, the reasons I am giving it up are mainly to do with the constantly changing fixtures it makes planning an impossible task and means I am missing more games than I ever have and not being able to pass my ticket onto my daughter or brother is money down the drain, so instead next season I will get be going along to my local team Lancing where I can walk to the ground have a beer on the terrace and I am also planning to travel to watch a game in every round of next years FA Cup from the preliminary rounds to hopefully the final.
I will still follow the Albion and get to games as and when I can, but mostly I will follow them via the television

I've done this, this season, now following Shoreham and going to a few ad hoc Albion games when they fit it. VAR was the icing on the cake for me about giving up my ST but this was closely followed by the ever changing match schedule which you alluded to in your post. I prefer my footy on a Saturday afternoon and the non league offers me that. I haven't given up on the Albion (having been a fan since the 70's) and went to the Boxing Day game with family and am planning to go to the Burnley game for my nephews 18th Birthday treat, but having a ST now (for me anyway) with so many other commitments, means it's very hard to plan any social activities around the ever changing match dates. Thanks Sky and BT.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Agree with you but also think they’re not going to change anything halfway through the season especially as some folks have paid. I’m no fan of the current sharing scheme but am realistic enough to assume we’re stuck with it for the rest of this season now.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
If they made ALL tickets outside of hospitality and 1901 available at concessions to O65s it would help no end. I don't want to move out of WSL, but the lack of a concession price for me and Mrs Earle is going to hurt next season. I haven't found another seat that I like (at Cup Games) but this season, I'm sitting behind Hagrid who moves enough to block my view when there's a chance of a goal. What with Covid and now a preference to buy parking for my own safety, even Feb 2022 isn't far enough away. Mrs Earle has lost her Amex mojo, but if I let our seats go, I'll never get them back. I still love it, but especially if Mrs Earle is there to enjoy it with me. Luckily our son still joins me/us which still makes it great, but it's all a bit of stress I could do without.

You can have mine ... in WSL and the very last 2 seats before those with no concessions. Think you can ask the club to switch (next season) if interested

I've had enough being nickel and dimed, seeing communications that show very little respect for our savvy, and treated as a minor hooligan

Wally G

Mar 10, 2020
I know exactly how you feel. We have three season tickets for our family and we all feel similar to yours. It’s the getting to and from the match, the petty rules, being quite old we used to take a flask for coffee so we did not have to queue at half time. The coffee they served was terrible. One of the main issues is not being able to let a family member use our ticket when we could not attend. I know you can if you go through the procedure but it’s far too complicated. We have missed quite a few games this year leaving our sets empty.
We will be giving up our season tickets next March.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Not giving mine up but understand why others are.
I’ve missed more games this season than I care to remember due to stupid KO times, re-arranged fixtures etc, including bloody Friday. By the time I have finished work, I just can’t make evening games

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
You can have mine ... in WSL and the very last 2 seats before those with no concessions. Think you can ask the club to switch (next season) if interested

I've had enough being nickel and dimed, seeing communications that show very little respect for our savvy, and treated as a minor hooligan

Thank you, that's very kind. I'll pm you if I may.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Clearly this won’t even be considered for change until the beginning of next season. I’m sure the club is monitoring feedback and will announce any planned changes at the same time as new ST proposals are sent out.

I’d be surprised if there was any increase in prices given that many of us are paying an artificially low monthly DD this season so even an increase to the full cost will seem like a price rise.
Agreed.

I'd be very surprised if there's another price hike. Prices are obscene in the West and East now and as you say, it's going to feel like a hike for many when their lockdown credit runs out and they start paying full whack again.

Tbf all the while they keep the interest free DD the pricing decisions are usually ok (the sharing thing an obvious blip) but i think it's getting to the point where they can't squeeze us much more than they already have.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here