Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Give Me A Song That...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I've pondered over a dozen or more COOL choices, from 4 or 5 different genres, but honestly, its this, isn't it?

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
I'm glad another attempt has been made to revive this thread; I enjoy it, especially when I've had 'shrooms in me muesli. Here's my effort to get NSCers away from the screen. It's good for working out some formation moves, if you can get someone to join in.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Main challenge for me will be whether to pick the suggested song that I’d be certain to dance to or whether to be more adventurous - further suggestions welcome - winner announced sometime in the morning - remember, can you suggest a better dance tune than this?

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Ah well - some offerings but fewer than I’d hoped. I knew a lot of them and listened to all those I didn’t - eg I knew New Order obviously but not the selected tracks. Thanks for attempting to educate me and others. In the end although I was tempted by @smillie’sgarden’s suggestion I know for me @icygull is the winner with this one

Your go again Icy if you want to carry on

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Ah well - some offerings but fewer than I’d hoped. I knew a lot of them and listened to all those I didn’t - eg I knew New Order obviously but not the selected tracks. Thanks for attempting to educate me and others. In the end although I was tempted by @smillie’sgarden’s suggestion I know for me @icygull is the winner with this one

A wise choice. It's a hell of a tune and was on my list.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

:thumbsup:

Post a song that is quintessentially British, which will cover many genres I’m sure

I can’t win this obviously but this would be my choice

Time limit midnight tomorrow

https://youtu.be/1it7BP5PckI

Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Matty Groves is a great tune. I love how pretty much the whole second half of the song is just a refrain, but the band go into a groove and just want to keep it going. (See also 'I am The Resurrection').

I'm very tempted to go straight down the line Lord Upminster himself, perhaps 'What a Waste' but see him more as English than British, in the same way that the Proclaimers are Scottish, not British. Instead I'll go for this. Could have been any city in the UK. Couldn't have been anywhere else in the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ2oXzrnti4

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Matty Groves is a great tune. I love how pretty much the whole second half of the song is just a refrain, but the band go into a groove and just want to keep it going. (See also 'I am The Resurrection').

I'm very tempted to go straight down the line Lord Upminster himself, perhaps 'What a Waste' but see him more as English than British, in the same way that the Proclaimers are Scottish, not British. Instead I'll go for this. Could have been any city in the UK. Couldn't have been anywhere else in the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ2oXzrnti4

I should have put any of the UK and Ireland which is what I intended it to cover.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Had a long deliberation on this one....

Morrissey / Every Day is Like Sunday was my first thought - what could be more British than a seaside town in the winter?

Then toyed with Squeeze / Up The Junction, before settling on THIS.

A song with a hundred very British references, set to score that could only be from these shores.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here