Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Give Me A Song That...

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
I was 10 in 1963 the first time I heard this, my older brother bought the single, I loved it and memorised the song word for word very quickly, and still remember the words today. A beautiful song and really demonstrates Roy Orbison's amazing vocal range, just don't ask me to try and sing it!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Summer of '84 I was in Ibiza, had heard a couple of singles and then Sade released the album

The album was played constantly on the huge speakers at the only beach bar on Las Salinas beach (this was the best part of 40 years ago). There was only one bar on 2-3 miles of sand where everyone was very young, very beautiful with very little, if any clothes. A great summer :blush:

Probably been back 7-8 times in between, last time with teenage kids about 10 years ago and the whole beach was covered in bars with their own hireable sunbeds. Ibiza town was still fun though :thumbsup:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I was going to let this thread die a natural death after no winner was awarded in the last category, but I just heard a song that made a category occur to me and thought that this doesn't need a competitive element, but could be a free for all with anyone who has a category asking the question whenever they felt like it. The song I heard was this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5cKoobIVKI

And the category was 'Give me a song for a Fridat night drinking thread.'

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I was going to let this thread die a natural death after no winner was awarded in the last category, but I just heard a song that made a category occur to me and thought that this doesn't need a competitive element, but could be a free for all with anyone who has a category asking the question whenever they felt like it. The song I heard was this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5cKoobIVKI

And the category was 'Give me a song for a Fridat night drinking thread.'

My fault. Was off to the States the next day. Packed, went to bed, forgot about thread. Let’s run with some Fridat drinking for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Shame this thread died a death.

Seeing as I never win feck all anyway, I'll cheat and pretend for a while I'm a winner.

Give me a song that...mentions mushrooms

Something like this...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here