Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Getting out of hand.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Yesterday they had a woman on the wireless who had been "assaulted" by Stuart Hall when she was 17. Apparently he approached her in the hotel corridor where she worked, kissed her and tried to force himself on her. She had to fight him off.

How the hell would he have known she was 17? Was she wearing a badge saying "Leave me alone, I'm under 18"?

So he kissed her. Hardly the end of the bloody world, is it? And tried to force himself on her, whatever that means. She fought him off. Good, that's exactly what she should have done. Hardly enough to convict a guy.

Much of this, which all happened so long ago, is a bunch of nonsense and should not be dragged up now.

What has her age got to do with it?
What would be enough to charge the man with assault?
Why is it nonsense?
What would be your time limitation for allowing the law to be involved?

Just asking.....

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
But think of other victims if the person wasn't convicted...

And that's the bad part of that scenario, the flip side is that an innocent person gets their name splashed all over the media outing them as a paedo. I'm just trying to add a bit of balance really as I can see why US is saying ewhat he's saying.

As I said, I would usually argue for anonymity but recent events have changed that view a bit. Ideally we'd just treat every case on it's merits and only name publicly if it was thought that multiple offences could've been committed, but in the real world it probably has to be one way or another. Mabye this is the answer and naming an innocent person is the lesser of two evils :shrug:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Unbelievable, I joked about that earlier in the thread and someone has actually come out with it.

This board never ceases to amaze me at times.

Shameful comment, bordering on obscene.

God, you're a weirdo. Good job cats can't talk, eh?

do any of you people actually live in the real world
I find that what you both have said to be truly offensive

did either of actually read the post
staggering

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Yesterday they had a woman on the wireless who had been "assaulted" by Stuart Hall when she was 17. Apparently he approached her in the hotel corridor where she worked, kissed her and tried to force himself on her. She had to fight him off.

How the hell would he have known she was 17? Was she wearing a badge saying "Leave me alone, I'm under 18"?

So he kissed her. Hardly the end of the bloody world, is it? And tried to force himself on her, whatever that means. She fought him off. Good, that's exactly what she should have done. Hardly enough to convict a guy.

Much of this, which all happened so long ago, is a bunch of nonsense and should not be dragged up now.

WTF!!!

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house

It's important that it gets dragged up now, otherwise what deterrant is there for similar men now? If I try to force myself on a 17 year old girl (not knowing whether she can 'fight me off' or not) I should be prosecuted, and not be able to hope she doesn't report it for a couple of days/weeks/years (where would you draw that line?!). Why should a woman need a badge saying 'don't force yourself on me' whatever her age?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
It's important that it gets dragged up now, otherwise what deterrant is there for similar men now? If I try to force myself on a 17 year old girl (not knowing whether she can 'fight me off' or not) I should be prosecuted, and not be able to hope she doesn't report it for a couple of days/weeks/years (where would you draw that line?!). Why should a woman need a badge saying 'don't force yourself on me' whatever her age?

to a point I can agree with this
but why could it have not been done in private?

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
to a point I can agree with this
but why could it have not been done in private?

Many of the girls abused by Stuart Hall came forward once his name had been released. He's admitted he is guilty of this abuse. Without his name being in the public domain as a suspect/person of interest then many of the victims may not have done so. He is guilty, but would've got away with it.

The naming of suspects should be decided on a case by case basis - having a blanket rule makes no sense.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton

Are you saying it's alright to forcibly kiss someone? That if they fought you off and escaped your clutches then it's all good?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
What has her age got to do with it?
What would be enough to charge the man with assault?
Why is it nonsense?
What would be your time limitation for allowing the law to be involved?

Just asking.....

This board is so full of politically correct people it's unbelievable.

Kissing someone is not assault in my book. If someone tries to kiss you and you don't want them to, try saying "no".

What age has to do with it is that her age was the reason she was interviewed.

This happened in the 60s and 70s. Many of you weren't around at the time. Let me tell you life was a lot more fun back then. And I mean for both guys AND girls.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Kissing someone is not assault in my book. If someone tries to kiss you and you don't want them to, try saying "no".

It is if you force yourself on someone. At what point is a girl supposed to say "no"?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Are you saying it's alright to forcibly kiss someone? That if they fought you off and escaped your clutches then it's all good?

No, I'm not saying that, but treating it as a crime??? Get real.

Carrying this on to it's logical conclusion, 40 years from now, people will be convicted for kissing people on the cheek in 2012 without being invited to. Ooh, he kissed me on the cheek when we met, it was awful, I felt so "used", I tried to push him away .... etc etc

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Perhaps we need an NSC risk register for those NSCers who feel that it's okay to make unwanted and uninvited sexual advances upon people until they say 'no'. My girlfriend is coming to the match tomorrow Goldstone. Please stay well away from her.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Perhaps we need an NSC risk register for those NSCers who feel that it's okay to make unwanted and uninvited sexual advances upon people until they say 'no'. My girlfriend is coming to the match tomorrow Goldstone. Please stay well away from her.

Maybe she should wear a badge...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As soon as she wants to, I suggest.

You are one wierd ****er. And this is me being polite. And as for that cat-nonce; shocking attitude towards women.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here