Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Getting out of hand.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've read this thread from the start and to be honest I am staggered by some of the comments that some individuals have made. Their attitudes to women, victims of abuse and their perception of how things are/should be are shocking.

I know times change, but we are not talking about fashion crimes..............abuse is abuse. An abuse of a child carried out 40 years ago is just as bad as if it happened today, and the abuser is just as guilty today. It must have been difficult beyond belief for the victim that the abuser appeared so famous and almost untouchable.There must never be a time limit.

I cant believe that fellow NSC have suggested a time limit on being able to report abuse. That it seems alright to ply a girl with some booze in order to get sex and so on. It would seem that those that hold those views are from the 60/70s themselves and obvioulsy still live mentally in that period. One even suggested that boys/girls had more fun. I think what they meant was sexual fun. Did they? Did they really? Or did certain men who believed that all women were fair game and that no maybe actually didnt mean no (after plying with booze, power, allure of fame, a bit of coercion etc)...........had the fun. I supect in those on the receiving end didnt have such fun.

I wonder if those on NSC who suggested that it was ok to booze (which alcohol is a drug) a girl up in order to have sex with, or the other person who feels that its ok to try and kiss a girl who doesnt want it and is able to fight someone off who assaults her whilst doing so, shouldnt report it as no crime has taken place. I wonder what those individuals would say if it happened to their grandaughters (or someone equally close to them)?

This.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I've read this thread from the start and to be honest I am staggered by some of the comments that some individuals have made. Their attitudes to women, victims of abuse and their perception of how things are/should be are shocking.

I know times change, but we are not talking about fashion crimes..............abuse is abuse. An abuse of a child carried out 40 years ago is just as bad as if it happened today, and the abuser is just as guilty today. It must have been difficult beyond belief for the victim that the abuser appeared so famous and almost untouchable.There must never be a time limit.

I cant believe that fellow NSC have suggested a time limit on being able to report abuse. That it seems alright to ply a girl with some booze in order to get sex and so on. It would seem that those that hold those views are from the 60/70s themselves and obvioulsy still live mentally in that period. One even suggested that boys/girls had more fun. I think what they meant was sexual fun. Did they? Did they really? Or did certain men who believed that all women were fair game and that no maybe actually didnt mean no (after plying with booze, power, allure of fame, a bit of coercion etc)...........had the fun. I supect in those on the receiving end didnt have such fun.

I wonder if those on NSC who suggested that it was ok to booze (which alcohol is a drug) a girl up in order to have sex with, or the other person who feels that its ok to try and kiss a girl who doesnt want it and is able to fight someone off who assaults her whilst doing so, shouldnt report it as no crime has taken place. I wonder what those individuals would say if it happened to their grandaughters (or someone equally close to them)?

this is a good post
but it should be remembered that Bill Roach has not been in court yet

Those very people spouting this nonsense on here were probably the same people chucking bananas at black football players in the 70's.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
so we agree on something then
could you explain where in any of my posts it has given you the idea that I am a nonce ???????

so silence was the deafening reply:bigwave::bigwave::bigwave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here