Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
28ba7ph.jpg

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I can't be sure(and I am sure someone will say) that even consensual sex is considered rape if below the age of 16 and this was 46+years ago in the 60's
now I was around in the 60's and went to most of the clubs in Brighton and all the surrounding areas and I would defy any bloke anywhere to be able to say if the young lady they had picked up was or was not of legal age (we knew most of the young ladies that were around at that time) and there was always some guy from the smoke who did'nt have a clue nor cared.
my first thought this morning when this story broke was money and when my Mrs saw the same news she thought exactly the same.
I am afraid this sounds rather cynical ....but this is the world we now live in
we have only one GOD and that is money........I mean 46 years this really is some sort of sick joke

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Serious question (and don't take this the wrong way or threaten a 'lawsuit' again): Do you have regular/daily contact with people in the real world?

ET?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Serious question (and don't take this the wrong way or threaten a 'lawsuit' again): Do you have regular/daily contact with people in the real world?

:cool:

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I can't be sure(and I am sure someone will say) that even consensual sex is considered rape if below the age of 16 and this was 46+years ago in the 60's
now I was around in the 60's and went to most of the clubs in Brighton and all the surrounding areas and I would defy any bloke anywhere to be able to say if the young lady they had picked up was or was not of legal age (we knew most of the young ladies that were around at that time) and there was always some guy from the smoke who did'nt have a clue nor cared.
my first thought this morning when this story broke was money and when my Mrs saw the same news she thought exactly the same.
we have only one GOD and that is money........I mean 46 years this really is some sort of sick joke

9 years old one of them. 9 years old.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

The sick thing is your view on adults having sex with children.

Last edited:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Don't want to get mixed up with all the agg on this thread but it did set me thinking. Just curious what the law says about

15 year old boy, 15 year old girl
15 year old boy, 16 year old girl

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Don't want to get mixed up with all the agg on this thread but it did set me thinking. Just curious what the law says about

I believe that technically a crime has been committed in both cases but it's highly unlikely that charges would be brought in either case.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I made a post about this a couple of pages ago.

I don't know what the law was in the 1960's when some of these offenses took place but that certainly isn't true now. If the victim is aged between 13-15, and it was consensual, if the accused is over the age of consent then they can be tried for having sex with a minor. If the victim is below 13 they are not able to give consent in the eyes of the law and it is statutory rape. The accused can use the defense that they thought the victim was over the age of consent when contesting a sex with a minor charge, however it is not allowed to be used as a defense if the victim is under 13. If found guilty sex with a minor can carry a jail sentence, the accused can be put on the sex offenders register and often if the accused knew the victim was between 13-15 they can be charged with grooming as well.

It is unlikely any charges would be brought in either case as the law isn't designed to prosecute teenagers of a similar age engaging in consensual sexual relations.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Some very weird and odd views on here.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
9 years old one of them. 9 years old.

The sick thing is your view on adults having sex with children.

if you are talking Steward Hall then yes this is sick but this was some time ago he was accused of this, I was writing about Bill Roach, if you would think that what Hall was doing was OK you have never read any of my posts.
if there is anyone on this board or for that matter anywhere who does not know of a lad or lass that has not had sex before their 16th birthday then I would like to hear from them and welcome them to earth, it might also be worth remembering that Roach was in his 20's when this is supposed to have happened,
we are talking about the 60's where you around then?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
if there is anyone on this board or for that matter anywhere who does not know of a lad or lass that has not had sex before their 16th birthday then I would like to hear from them and welcome them to earth, it might also be worth remembering that Roach was in his 20's when this is supposed to have happened,
I'm curious as to what age people think it becomes unacceptable to have sex with a girl under 15? Not that this necessarily constitutes "rape" anyway.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Yesterday they had a woman on the wireless who had been "assaulted" by Stuart Hall when she was 17. Apparently he approached her in the hotel corridor where she worked, kissed her and tried to force himself on her. She had to fight him off.

How the hell would he have known she was 17? Was she wearing a badge saying "Leave me alone, I'm under 18"?

So he kissed her. Hardly the end of the bloody world, is it? And tried to force himself on her, whatever that means. She fought him off. Good, that's exactly what she should have done. Hardly enough to convict a guy.

Much of this, which all happened so long ago, is a bunch of nonsense and should not be dragged up now.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

He was 35 years old.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Yesterday they had a woman on the wireless who had been "assaulted" by Stuart Hall when she was 17. Apparently he approached her in the hotel corridor where she worked, kissed her and tried to force himself on her. She had to fight him off.

How the hell would he have known she was 17? Was she wearing a badge saying "Leave me alone, I'm under 18"?

So he kissed her. Hardly the end of the bloody world, is it? And tried to force himself on her, whatever that means. She fought him off. Good, that's exactly what she should have done. Hardly enough to convict a guy.

Much of this, which all happened so long ago, is a bunch of nonsense and should not be dragged up now.

Stuart Hall has since admitted to 14 sexual offences, one of which involved a nine year old child.

You're talking a bunch of noncesense.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I'm curious as to what age people think it becomes unacceptable to have sex with a girl under 15? Not that this necessarily constitutes "rape" anyway.

its not acceptable but it happens we have kids having babies at the age of twelve, we have schoolgirls and schoolboys going clubbing we have young kids getting stabbed in and outside of nightclubs they drink and smoke, take drugs all before the age of 16 we live in a society where this is considered OK and it must be considered OK otherwise why are the doing this.
As I said this was also OK in the 60's and is probably where it all started.
the sad thing about this is the lady who has accused Roach must be in her 60's by now why has she waited so long, maybe because so many are coming forward due to the Saville case but as the OP has intimated maybe this really is getting out of hand.
two things IMHO that should be done
it should be kept private
there should be a time limit on accusations of this nature

its not acceptable but it happens we have kids having babies at the age of twelve, we have schoolgirls and schoolboys going clubbing we have young kids getting stabbed in and outside of nightclubs they drink and smoke, take drugs all before the age of 16 we live in a society where this is considered OK and it must be considered OK otherwise why are the doing this.
the sad thing about this is the lady who has accused Roach must be in her 60's by now why has she waited so long, maybe because so many are coming forward due to the Saville case but as the OP has intimated maybe this really is getting out of hand.

Unbelievable, I joked about that earlier in the thread and someone has actually come out with it.

This board never ceases to amaze me at times.

Shameful comment, bordering on obscene.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

God, you're a weirdo. Good job cats can't talk, eh?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here