Getting out of hand.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Give over Uncle, you've had your say on the matter and have been quite vocal that you find the rape of minors acceptable because the accused may not have known their age.

This is libel and false as I have never said this.

Jan 30, 2008
Much as I appreciate that suspects should be charged with crimes they may have committed I think that these allegations of sexual assault etc against personalities is getting out of hand. Just using the latest Bill Roache how can he or any other suspects be expected to remember the precise details of these allegations from the 1960s. I know people will say that it will live with the victim for ever but I find it hard to accept that any suspects will get a fair trial after such a length of time.
Nazi war criminals spring to mind ???
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
And Wozza I am merely suggesting people admitting they had sex with under 16's on a public forum is probably not for the best so I do it with a kind heart and offering my humble advice. Judge me as you see fit. Thanks.
ISN'T THAILAND A MORE VIABLE OPTION FOR THESE TYPES ........................................ JUST SAYING LIKE
regards
DR

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Lewis Dunk's football career from being a glittering star has hit the skids. Whatever way , if he is innocent the damage is devastating, most to his mind and ability to carry on his job I would imagine with all this hanging over him. If he is guilty that is the consequence, if he is innocent it is just wrong. Accusers and the accused should both be named.

Obviously you are entitled to your opinion... but my opinion is that the idea that if you want to report someone for committing a crime you have to put yourself in the public eye as being the victim of such an intimate crime is complete nonsense.

Victims of sexual assault are granted lifetime anonymity around the case and I think that's the right thing to do. If you had been raped, would you really report it if you knew that doing so would tell the entire world - everyone you know and will go on to know - that you were a victim? That you had been violated like that?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am taking the accusation of " Give over Uncle, you've had your say on the matter and have been quite vocal that you find the rape of minors acceptable because the accused may not have known their age. " very seriously as I do not hold that view, have never said it and it has been posted on a public forum degenerating my character. One day people will realise you cannot post this shit without some comeback.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Obviously you are entitled to your opinion... but my opinion is that the idea that if you want to report someone for committing a crime you have to put yourself in the public eye as being the victim of such an intimate crime is complete nonsense.

I dont think that is what people are suggesting more the name of the accused should be kept secret until after court proceedings have been completed and then only revealed if found guilty.

HOFNSKIN

Feb 12, 2012
All these headlines of old sexual triumphs of 40 odd years ago conviniently keep headlines of economic mismanagement by this coalition government off the front pages at the time of local elections. I suspect there is possibly more truth in a blatant case of news management, than any hazy fumblings from 40 years ago.

Jan 30, 2008
I dont think that is what people are suggesting more the name of the accused should be kept secret until after court proceedings have been completed and then only if found guilty.
CHINESE WHISPERS AND ALL THAT , DOUBLE STANDARDS GRANDAD ,PEOPLES NAMES HAVE BEEN PUT UP ON HERE IN THE PAST BEFORE THEY'VE EVEN BEEN TO COURT
regards
DR

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ok. I am sorry. BUT people on here have said they had sex with under 16 year olds and I told them that was highly problematic for them. I do not have a clue about the photographs argument as I never made it. Referring to a man's character's name is probably better than referring to his real name and all in all you thought you had an opportunity to have a kick and you did as that is you. So fair play to you. You are at least consistant. This is just a chance to have a pop and you did. Good for you. Big points. You are a winner. Well done.

With the greatest respect, and I don't want to invite a rant, why do you get involved in sensitive discussions when you go charging in with ill thought opinions, and can't cope with being rightly pulled up for it without acting like a stroppy nine year old? Wozza hasn't said anything controversial here at all, beyond what needed to be said IMO.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
With the greatest respect, and I don't want to invite a rant, why do you get involved in sensitive discussions when you go charging in with ill thought opinions, and can't cope with being rightly pulled up for it without acting like a stroppy nine year old? Wozza hasn't said anything controversial here at all, beyond what needed to be said IMO.

Thanks for that. I have posted my opinions. Nothing too radical I would have thought and it was said I condoned the raping of under 16's. You can paint it anyway you like, feel free but allow me to do what I need to do. Thanks for the input. Appreciated.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Thanks for that. I have posted my opinions. Nothing too radical I would have thought and it was said I condoned the raping of under 16's. You can paint it anyway you like, feel free but allow me to do what I need to do. Thanks for the input. Appreciated.

You are right - you haven't condoned the raping of minors. That is a silly conclusion for anyone to have drawn. However, Wozza is absolutely right to pull you up for your "gut feeling" opinions based on his face in a press photo, all the while the case is following due process. Surely you can see that?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You are right - you haven't condoned the raping of minors. That is a silly conclusion for anyone to have drawn. However, Wozza is absolutely right to pull you up for your "gut feeling" opinions based on his face in a press photo, all the while the case is following due process. Surely you can see that?

Fair enough. Just my gut feeling and as it was up for debate, I commented. Schoolboy error as I should know by now that is only ever to get the trolls out as indeed it did. Still I have enough to bring a lawsuit if I wanted to and that is what numbnuts do not realise now. You simply cannot say this now against someone on an internet forum anymore as there is no hiding place. It is all recorded and printed off.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well done Uncle, created another needless binfest on gut reactions now

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I did not do anything except stand my ground. Thanks anyway. Love you xx

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It has been fun people. Thanks. Must remember why I don't ever come on NSC anymore. Carry on. There will be another fall guy soon I am sure. For the record I did not say anything particularly controversial or heinous just posted my humble opinions. Still reeled in a few and Beach Hut's nasty comment was the big catch I was waiting for and finally landed it, took him a while but it now he in the keepnet so all in all a great evening. Sleep well my lovelies.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The age is irrelevant, as is the passage of time.

Rape is rape, and I'm glad the Police and CPS have no time cut off on serious crimes.
Rapists, indecent assaulters, and murderers may hope they got away with with their violent selfishness, but one of the paybacks is that can never ever truly relax, knowing there might be that knock on the door.

The post-Saville arrests, are simply a one-off purge from alleged victims coming forward, in a time when finally they will be listened to and treated with respect. A far cry from times past.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Going back to the OP's point - and taking an overview of the wider debate (rather than comment on individual cases) surely the Police must believe there is sufficient evidence in order to bring charges?

Secondly the CPS will then determine a) if there are sufficient grounds for the evidence to be tested in Court and b) that there is a reasonable chance of a prosecution, even after all these years. If the answers are 'yes' then it must be appropriate for these cases to go ahead?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Going back to the OP's point - and taking an overview of the wider debate (rather than comment on individual cases) surely the Police must believe there is sufficient evidence in order to bring charges?

Secondly the CPS will then determine a) if there are sufficient grounds for the evidence to be tested in Court and b) that there is a reasonable chance of a prosecution, even after all these years. If the answers are 'yes' then it must be appropriate for these cases to go ahead?

The word of the victim seems to be enough for them to pursue a prosecution in many cases.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports