Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Getting out of hand.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You throw around comments like this (potentially contempt of court) and you're offering advice to OTHERS about what they should and shouldn't write on messageboards?!

It is an opinion. Why single me out ? It is only my opinion and that is all I can offer. Thanks and love.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
And Wozza I am merely suggesting people admitting they had sex with under 16's on a public forum is probably not for the best so I do it with a kind heart and offering my humble advice. Judge me as you see fit. Thanks.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
I tend to agree with Ben I think. To bring a rape charge forward from 1967 is frankly absurd. Any rape charge will pretty much destroy a Man's life whether he is found guilty or not.

Not withstanding the fact that it happened 46 years ago, therefore barring any admission, there is surely zero chance of finding any evidence to charge and prosecute. Unless of course there are witnesses to validate these claims, which would seem unlikely given the nature of the allegation

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not withstanding the fact that it happened 46 years ago, therefore barring any admission, there is surely zero chance of finding any evidence to charge and prosecute. Unless of course there are witnesses to validate these claims, which would seem unlikely given the nature of the allegation

That's the important part of this news at the moment, is that he hasn't been charged with anything. He is being questioned under caution on suspicion of rape but it hasn't been charged or gone to court. I think the accused should remain anonymous until they are charged and a date for the court hearing set.
It gives someone a bad name if it turns out to be a false accusation because there will always be gossips who use the trite 'no smoke without fire'.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
That's the important part of this news at the moment, is that he hasn't been charged with anything. He is being questioned under caution on suspicion of rape but it hasn't been charged or gone to court. I think the accused should remain anonymous until they are charged and a date for the court hearing set.
It gives someone a bad name if it turns out to be a false accusation because there will always be gossips who use the trite 'no smoke without fire'.

Which is what I said and got flamed for it. Strange world we live in now. Ah well.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Which is what I said and got flamed for it. Strange world we live in now. Ah well.

Its a very strange world. 46 posts on the subject and already we've seen an NSC confession

My gut reaction and it is only a hunch is that this guy is innocent. He looks totally ruined from recent photo's of him.
Is it your "gut reaction" that women lie about these sorts of things? Or just that this particular woman is lying?

And how does a photograph of an 81 year old man help you reach such judgements?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I'm sure I read recently William Roache making some comments along the lines of young people who got abused were paying the price for wrongs in a previous life or something.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Is it your "gut reaction" that women lie about these sorts of things? Or just that this particular woman is lying?

Didn't the man in question only recently have to issue an apology about inappropriate comments he made regarding the sex scandals that have been dominating our media since Saville? Or have I confused that with something else? He definitely put his foot in something a few weeks back

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I'm sure I read recently William Roache making some comments along the lines of young people who got abused were paying the price for wrongs in a previous life or something.

In the interview, which touched on Jimmy Savile's abuse, Roache said: "If you accept that you are pure love, and if you know that you are pure love … these things won't happen to you."

When asked by interviewer Garth Bray if that meant "victims bring things on themselves", Roache said: "No, not quite, but and yet I am … everything that happens to us has been a result of what we have been in previous lives."

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

It is my opinion and the last time I looked there was free speech in this country. You were not in the bedroom in 1967 were you ? Maybe you were ? Anyway all I have done it post my opinion and that is what a forum is all about surely ?

poidy

Aug 3, 2009

You beat me too it. I thought he had

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

And I was referring to Kevin from Corrie anyway.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
In the interview, which touched on Jimmy Savile's abuse, Roache said: "If you accept that you are pure love, and if you know that you are pure love … these things won't happen to you."

When asked by interviewer Garth Bray if that meant "victims bring things on themselves", Roache said: "No, not quite, but and yet I am … everything that happens to us has been a result of what we have been in previous lives."

Sounds like a 'Glenn Hoddle on Eileen Drury' interview

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof

You beat me too it. I thought he had
To be fair to him, the stuff in the same interview about anonymity until proven guilty is probably fair enough.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Lewis Dunk's football career from being a glittering star has hit the skids. Whatever way , if he is innocent the damage is devastating, most to his mind and ability to carry on his job I would imagine with all this hanging over him. If he is guilty that is the consequence, if he is innocent it is just wrong. Accusers and the accused should both be named.

yes, that will really encourage victims of serious crime to come forward, won't it!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My point about the law changes is that it was made a law that any person under the influence of excess alcohol could not consent to sex, that was not the case until recently. How would a case stand if that was the accusation of some girl that Mr X got her drunk and had sex with her in 1970.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here