Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am sure that I read that the stars of Corrie were going to gpo on strile as they are only paid if and when they appear in an episode

My gut reaction and it is only a hunch is that this guy is innocent. He looks totally ruined from recent photo's of him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How does the change in the law now relate to this. As a young lad it was usual to give the girl some booze to encourage her to have sex now that is classed as rape.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
How does the change in the law now relate to this. As a young lad it was usual to give the girl some booze to encourage her to have sex now that is classed as rape.

Oh my Lord I can see prosecutions coming soon.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Do you really want to post this on a public forum ? Think about it.

I have no issues and I certainly dont think anyone will be seeking to have me prosecuted at this distance and based on my recollection. I am not surethat typical juvenile behaviour has necessarily changed greatly but certainly attitudes have and I think there is some danger and a certain dubious morality about applying current belief sets to every historical circumstance without any reference to changed social mores.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have no issues and I certainly dont think anyone will be seeking to have me prosecuted at this distance and based on my recollection. I am not surethat typical juvenile behaviour has necessarily changed greatly but certainly attitudes have and I think there is some danger and a certain dubious morality about applying current belief sets to every historical circumstance without any reference to changed social mores.

Just thinking of you. To post you had sex with under 16's on a public forum is imo probably not for the best. Be careful what you post on the internet, it is evidence in a court of law.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Considering Bill has had well over 1000 sexual partners I can perfectly believe he cannot remember one from 1967.

Lack of memory is not a defence. IMO the only thing that matters is the evidence which if available should be considered just like any other case.

I tend to agree with Ben I think. To bring a rape charge forward from 1967 is frankly absurd. Any rape charge will pretty much destroy a Man's life whether he is found guilty or not.

So are you suggesting an amnesty? Whilst I agree that anonymity would be preferable for all parties there must be no time limit on charging a person for a serious offence.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Lack of memory is not a defence. IMO the only thing that matters is the evidence which if available should be considered just like any other case.

So are you suggesting an amnesty? Whilst I agree that anonymity would be preferable for all parties there must be no time limit on charging a person for a serious offence.

I think I am probably thinking a time limit should be imposed, yes.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I hope none of you ever get into the situation thru no fault of your own where you need police protection and anonymity for fear of retribution.

That's what alot of innocent people have had to go through because of attitudes being shown on here.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Innocent until proven guilty should mean that any person suspected, or charged should NOT be named until after they are found guilty. But were is this going to end? Think of a pop star of the 70's or 80's and they are bound to have had a teenager in the back of the tour bus.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Stuart Hall stated he would have committed suicide if it were not for the support of his family so these accusations destroy people. As it is it is likely it has taken a few years off his life even if proved innocent.

We have people on this thread claiming to report on the effects of publicity about these charges on two named individuals. That's surely inappropriate in its own right? I wouldn't dream of commenting on behalf of either of them - even though I have met them both.

If and when the time comes, they can speak for themselves, or choose to remain silent. Who are anonymous internet users to push them into commenting? It's no excuse, in my opinion, to say "It's a matter of public debate" - since it's threads like this that have created the public debate.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Guilty or not,these men will employ the very best legal teams.The police and the women must be prepared ,and pretty sure of themselves,when any man is charged.What i just cannot understand is if Saville had never existed would we have this circus now?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We have people on this thread claiming to report on the effects of publicity about these charges on two named individuals. That's surely inappropriate in its own right? I wouldn't dream of commenting on behalf of either of them - even though I have met them both.

If and when the time comes, they can speak for themselves, or choose to remain silent. Who are anonymous internet users to push them into commenting? It's no excuse, in my opinion, to say "It's a matter of public debate" - since it's threads like this that have created the public debate.

Fair comments Lord. I guess as things nowadays are in the public domain people can and will comment on all matter of things and that is the way it is. My view, the internet has done far more bad than good. It has opened a veritable can of worms, a pandora's box, a hellraiser cube with the cenobites released, the genie is out of the bottle now and cannot be put back.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Just playing devils advocate here: am I right in thinking it would have been legal for him to have sex with a 16 year old girl who was willing, but if the girl was willing and 1 day under 16, then that would have been raping a 15 year old girl?

I thought that law change was fairly recent, within the last 10 years or so.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
My gut reaction and it is only a hunch is that this guy is innocent. He looks totally ruined from recent photo's of him.

You throw around comments like this (potentially contempt of court) and you're offering advice to OTHERS about what they should and shouldn't write on messageboards?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here