Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Getafe - pre-season friendly with La Liga side on Saturday 7th August, kick-off 7pm

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Getafe' stadium looks like The Amex without a roof. The double tiered ends look good though. Lot smaller than The Amex....17k capacity.

el punal

Bullet train! :lolol:

A few seasons ago, after spending the night at my bro in law's in Dorset, l took it to get to a home game at the Amex, there seemed to ba station stop every few hundred yards, it took so long that by time we reached Portslade l abandoned the train in favour of the 49 bus!

Take it from me, from the time you depart from Southampton to arriving in Brighton you could grow a full beard. The consolation is that on match days you’re first on the train, you can get through an ample supply of tinnies en route and be nicely warmed up on reaching Brighton-sur-le-mer.

P.S. On a good day the Southern Bullet Train squeals to a halt at 21 stations on the SASTA intercontinental journey from Hampshire to Sussex. :drink:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
If we were to pay Getafe €1m less than Cucurella’s release fee we would save €3m in Spanish taxes.
If we were then to pay Getafe €1m to play a friendly at the Amex.............

Just saying

So you are saying Tony Bloom = Gary Barlow? Never seen them in the same place at the same time.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Take it from me, from the time you depart from Southampton to arriving in Brighton you could grow a full beard. The consolation is that on match days you’re first on the train, you can get through an ample supply of tinnies en route and be nicely warmed up on reaching Brighton-sur-le-mer.

P.S. On a good day the Southern Bullet Train squeals to a halt at 21 stations on the SASTA intercontinental journey from Hampshire to Sussex. :drink:

Indeed, akin to watching paint dry it most certainly was, shame l didn't have a copy of War & Peace with me, l would have had time to read it from cover to cover.

But your quite right, when we set off other than myself, l think there was only one man and his dog on the train, but by the time we had lurched east of say Chichester, it was standing room only.

Not a journey l'm looking forward to repeating any time soon.

el punal

Indeed, akin to watching paint dry it most certainly was, shame l didn't have a copy of War & Peace with me, l would have had time to read it from cover to cover.

But your quite right, when we set off other than myself, l think there was only one man and his dog on the train, but by the time we had lurched east of say Chichester, it was standing room only.

Not a journey l'm looking forward to repeating any time soon.

On a match day join us Bournemouth, New Forest, Southampton and surrounding area Albion fans on the 10.29 departure. Life will never be the same and you will doubt your sanity for evermore! :drink:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Heck of a coincidence though ‘innit sheeb? Hard for folk not to draw conclusions.

‘ It is understood the arrangement of the friendly is not connected with any potential player transfer.’

The Argus

May have something to do with an on going relationship and it being good but not sure it’s ‘part of the deal’ etc.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
.....and presumably bursting for a pee (or have they reinstaed trains with toilets now?)

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
‘ It is understood the arrangement of the friendly is not connected with any potential player transfer.’

The Argus

May have something to do with an on going relationship and it being good but not sure it’s ‘part of the deal’ etc.

The friendly makes a lot of sense considering Brightons struggles last season to break down teams with a similar playing style.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The Southampton - Brighton train has always had toilets (unlike the Littlehampton one), mind you on the return trip after a game there’s a lot more miss than hit! :blush:

Not according to the train operator (albeit only as far as Portsmouth with no loos)! The Southampton trains are different stock, but they're not all stations stoppers, are they?

https://www.southernrailway.com/tra...lp/assisted-travel/accessibility-on-the-train
" Class 313 trains serve routes along the south coast, mainly from Brighton to Hove, Portsmouth, Seaford and Eastbourne. Their accessibility facilities enable wheelchair users and mobility scooters to board them. They also have:
dedicated accessible space
call for aid
on-board ramp
staff on board to help
Please note, these trains do not have toilets."

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Tickets go on sale Tuesday in the East lower, West lower and North Stand. More areas will be opened if there is demand.

Looking forward to a [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] 'Waiting for the upper tiers to open' thread

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2191510/getafe-ticket-information

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Normally take in the preseason friendly but alas will miss this one as in hospital the day before for shoulder surgery. Had the other one done just three days before Palace away. The liquid morphine was perfect as I can't remember a thing apart from the walk down from the station. I'll be sensible this time

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I can barely contain my indifferrence. But I hope anyone who can be arsed has a lovely day.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
got tickets for me and Mr Nickbrighton.

It may not be THE prestige friendly but these are a good side and its LIVE FOOTBALL at The Amex, we have just gone best part of two seasons without seeing live matches, so lets enjoy it. It wont match that City game but who gives a **** -Come on you Seagulls!!!!

My Name Is Gully

May 9, 2008
Dorset
Ticket secured, even got my usual ST seat.

Two for us in normal seats as well - will be nice to sit together rather than apart as had to in last two attendances (Saints and Man City) - even managed to put in my Smartphone Google Pay app (printed at home previous two games).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here