Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Getafe - pre-season friendly with La Liga side on Saturday 7th August, kick-off 7pm

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
I can barely contain my indifferrence. But I hope anyone who can be arsed has a lovely day.

Pre-children I felt the same, 100%

But a great chance for parents/grandparents etc to take the younger generation to their first match or perhaps only one of the few matches they'll go to in the season

2 seasons ago against Spanish opposition it was rammed with kids in the kits.......glorious sight

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Pre-children I felt the same, 100%

But a great chance for parents/grandparents etc to take the younger generation to their first match or perhaps only one of the few matches they'll go to in the season

2 seasons ago against Spanish opposition it was rammed with kids in the kits.......glorious sight

Fair point, and I do have a grandson who will be 3 in September. Still a bit soon for him methinks, but his day will come.

Invicta

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Not selling very well this one. Did they announce whether concourses would sell beer and are masks still expected to be worn?

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
I hope that there is an opportunity to see two good young Irish players John Joe Patrick Finn Benoa and Ryan Nolan on the pitch for Gatafe - John Patrick is a real prospect and if Nolan can stay injury free then he has a real chance to get his career back on track. Potter should have a good long look at John Patrick while Gatafe are in Brighton.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I hope that there is an opportunity to see two good young Irish players John Joe Patrick Finn Benoa and Ryan Nolan on the pitch for Gatafe - John Patrick is a real prospect and if Nolan can stay injury free then he has a real chance to get his career back on track. Potter should have a good long look at John Patrick while Gatafe are in Brighton.

Is it just me, or does that sound like about three or four or even more players? :moo:

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Don't ask ME. Not even sure which part of Wales Getafe come from :dunce:

I thought he was a Gaul...? ???

tenor.gif

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Is it just me, or does that sound like about three or four or even more players? :moo:

A combination of a common Irish name 'John Joe' which is regarded as one name and Spanish naming customs which has two first names 'John Joe, Patrick' and his father and mother's surnames 'Finn' and 'Benoa' - you end up with John Joe Patrick Finn Benoa - he goes by John Patrick at Getafe. He has real potential.

I actually know Ryan Nolan's parents, they lived around the corner from me, before they moved to Spain about 15 years ago. Ryan is a great kid. He signed with Inter Milan as 17 year-old and was linked with Leeds, Leicester and (according to Italian papers) Brighton over the last couple of seasons. He had agreed a three year deal with Leeds last season which fell through at the last minute on transfer deadline day when he found out that Leeds intended to send him to Kilmarnock on loan for the season and he didn't want that (apparently they agreed the loan deal without asking him). With deadline day passed he ended up signing with Arezzo in Italy before moving to Getafe in October. The poor guy has been dogged by injuries since he joined Inter - and again last season he tore his ACL just as he was breaking into the Getafe starting 11 and was lost for the season. Like I said - he's a great kid and has just been so unfortunate with injuries that have blighted his career so far.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
A combination of a common Irish name 'John Joe' which is regarded as one name and Spanish naming customs which has two first names 'John Joe, Patrick' and his father and mother's surnames 'Finn' and 'Benoa' - you end up with John Joe Patrick Finn Benoa - he goes by John Patrick at Gatafe. He has real potential.

I actually know Ryan Nolan's parents, they lived around the corner from me, before they moved to Spain about 15 years ago. Ryan is a great kid. He signed with Inter Milan as 17 year-old and was linked with Leeds, Leicester and (according to Italian papers) Brighton over the last couple of seasons. He had agreed a three year deal with Leeds last season which fell through at the last minute on transfer deadline day when he found out that Leeds intended to send him to Kilmarnock on loan for the season and he didn't want that (apparently they agreed the loan deal without asking him). With deadline day passed he ended up signing with Arezzo in Italy before moving to Gatafe in October. The poor guy has been dogged by injuries since he joined Inter - and again last season he tore his ACL just as he was breaking into the Gatafe starting 11 and was lost for the season. Like I said - he's a great kid and has just been so unfortunate with injuries that have blighted his career so far.

Getafe, Getafe, Getafe!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Just look on the ticket website and see what’s still available (answer- absolutely loads)

I could look on the website but since you are performing the role of Alexa tonight, how much are they? :smile:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Anyone know how ticket sales are going for this fixture?
You mean how are the ticket sales with membership and loyalty points needed, a recent negative Covid test (an expensive one, not the free NHS one), a double jabbed certificate, booked in advance with name and address, proof of residence, inside leg measurement, photo ID and preferably only available on smart phones which can be contactlessly waved at the turnstyles on the way in?
I don't know - I couldn't give a f*** - that's not the way I go to football!

P.S. I do know that not quite all of that rubbish is required. Not quite ............

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here