Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Getafe - pre-season friendly with La Liga side on Saturday 7th August, kick-off 7pm

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Well, if we get a great signing out of it… who cares?

Those who were looking forward to returning to the Amex with a bang, to celebrate 10 years of going week in week out whilst finally watching an exciting young team live test themselves against Europe's elite in front of a sell out crowd...

But the potential of signing a back-up left back who could change his mind and go to Roma in exchange for that is fine.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
They have 2.

The most likely being a Turkish lad formerly harvested by City, going by the name of Urinal.
Plus another South American who has 2 'hats' above his name, he looks about 12.

I know a lot of Getafe season ticket holders and they all say he is pisshouse.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Those who were looking forward to returning to the Amex with a bang, to celebrate 10 years of going week in week out whilst finally watching an exciting young team live test themselves against Europe's elite in front of a sell out crowd...

But the potential of signing a back-up left back who could change his mind and go to Roma in exchange for that is fine.
Now now, you're not allowed to suggest the club dropped a bollock by prematurely raising expectation of a showpiece friendly

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

I do get you… it would be nice to have a truly elite team to play and would be a fun evening. But it is only a friendly, a kick about.

I’d rather have the player if that’s even the reason for this friendly (assuming we’re not all jumping the gun).

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Ah the NSC 2+2= a guaranteed, 100%, beyond doubt 17 brigade are back - happy days :lol:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Now now, you're not allowed to suggest the club dropped a bollock by prematurely raising expectation of a showpiece friendly

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Hello Getafe this is Brighton and Hove Albion FC, can we buy your best player?……as we have got you on the phone I don’t suppose you are free on Saturday August 7th? :)

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Nope.

It’s surely down to our astonishingly out of control Covid infection rates in this Country. Keep an eye for what other European elite clubs are coming to the country in August eh?

Brighton Rocker

Jul 16, 2011
TN 21
Must be the return leg from when we played them during pre season tour a few years ago. GP manager at the time. About a dozen Albion supporters there as I recall.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Why are people so keen to highlight all the negatives?

Why can't we just look upon it, as a chance to finally get back to the Amex after a long 18 months away, and celebrate on a (hopefully) sunny summers evening, and enjoy watching some good football?

It's been a long time coming folks, and l for one am relishing the prospect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here