Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Get your nominations in for the BRIGHTON PUB WORLD CUP

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
The Mitre in Bakers St serves a very nice pint of Harveys, probably not the best of pubs atmosphere wise, beer is always a at nice temperature. Best city in the country, bar London, for pubs.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I predict this gong very badly! It's just going to end in an argument between "lager drinkers with no tastebuds" and "real ale beer nazis" with the occasional "cider drinking freak" chirping in.

At least one banning and one flounce is my prediction.

For what it is worth I think the Albert is probably my favourite pub in Brighton at the moment.
Then there will be the civil war between those who like Harvey's and those who prefer Dark Star. Not sure lager drinkers have a similar division seeing as it's all bland piss anyway .... whoops here we go.

(That's a joke BTW before anyone takes offence. Drink what you like people, I don't care - just so long as you DO drink.)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The Mitre in Bakers St serves a very nice pint of Harveys, probably not the best of pubs atmosphere wise, beer is always a at nice temperature. Best city in the country, bar London, for pubs.

Amazed it took to the fourth page: The Mitre is streets ahead of any other pub in Brighton. Proper local boozer, beautifully kept beer (and not expensive), friendly bar staff, no load music, plenty of seats - everything you'd want from a pub really

And while we're in the neighbourhood, my missus would vote for the scran at The World's End. Not so good for veggies but does serve a decent pint

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Oooh, good call. Looks like we have similar taste in pubs and beer! :bowdown:

unklbrian

Feb 4, 2012
Im bringing my gf to Brighton next month, so this is useful...want her to experience a
'proper' English/Brighton boozer...preferably a non violent one, somewhere central.

Heart And Hand in North St/Upper Gardner St
Always worth a visit when i'm in town - the proper vinyl jukebox is the icing on the [harveys]cake

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
I'll second the Montpelier.

I'll put the Sussex Cricketer on the table, or second it if it's been mentioned already.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Battle of Traf.

If Lion & Lobster wins there is no justice in the world. That pub is awful.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Oh yeah, The Farm, mainly for Garf and the others there.
Good Companions mainly for the back garden.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I'd like to put forward The Shakespeare down the hill from the dials. Superb pub.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
This. I'm glad to see it nominated in fact, just to watch it get DEMOLISHED in the group stages.

Just full to overflowing with Brighton's most pretentious a-holes discussing computer programming and comparing their crumb catcher beards while their girlfriends with no tits loll about leaning on things. Ghastly.

Has anyone read "Brighton's Best Pubs"?

Their top ten are:-

1. The Basketmakers
2. The Open House
3. The Hop Poles
4. The Pub With No Name
5. The Dragon
6. Sidewinder
7. Regency
8. Prestonville Arms
9. Walmer
10. The Wellington

All of those probably need to be entered into any NSC contest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here