Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

George Boyd - January move

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
I'm hoping that signings like this will help convince Bridcutt that a move away in January is not what he wants!!!

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
What's your source? What've they got right before to be reliable?

Close to both clubs, they had good info on CMS before he signed.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Seen him quite a few times at London Rd. He can be creative but he is SO hit and miss. He would be expensive and is, at best a CHP player. Not a good signing in my view for the price required to appease the posh faithful.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Highly unlikely in my opinion, imagine he'll have plenty of clubs sniffing around him, perhaps even in the Premier League, clearly a top quality player (admiteedly a bit of an idiot too though) but he is the type of creative player Brighton are lacking. Yes we have wingers at the moment, but none of which seem to have his ability to create so many chances, as well as helping out on the goal scoring front.

So you would rather have Noone, who looked good for first ten games and who has since been found out. Final ball very poor and who always whats to take on one to many, when there is a much better ball on, than Box to box ex England midfielder Bullard, who is proven at the top level....ummmm...and the fact you would rather get jiggy with Boyle, than Joile I think tells us who probably spends most time masturbateing lol.....By the way, if you read what I've put, I've already stated I would not touch Bullard with a bargepoll.

Look, you've pulled up a quote I made in answer to another poster and made THIS comparison - I don't have to "highlight the line where you said" etc. when you have stated it closely enough in the above. We already have Noone, and yes - I would *rather* we kept him and utilised his abilities than risked £40,000+ per week on a dodgy headstrong comedian who dances to his own tune because he's such an enigma of footballing skill and won't dance to Gus's.
Whether you want to avoid stating a direct interest in Bullard or not, you ARE suggesting that Noone can be replaced with a much better looking model (if Jolie is your idea of hot.... not actually mine but that's a matter of taste, much prefer Zeta-Jones meself). Not to say that Noone is the best in the sport, but.... we aren't going to be after Iniesta, Fabregas or Lampard this season I don't think - and for our level and purposes he's got the right quality.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
We need a goalkeeper like I said with with poor Ashley Barnes fitting the new "play anywhere!" Virgo role then thats where Boyd will be.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
didn't a george Boyd come to us on loan a couple of years ago ........... and stir up some debate

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Have you signed him then ? oh wait no it's not January yet.

Not saying he won't move to you if this is true but...

He is a Palace fan. And has said he dreams of playing for Palace one day. Not sure he would want to go to Brighton.

To 2nd poster - May wish to look at your signature fella cos it's quite clear 'Aquilaugh' is one of yuors and was pretending to be albion when he wrote that (very, very sad ifthat's the case I know). No Albion would say that cos... well... it's bollox isn't it! Think you 2 have confused eachother a tad... Priceless.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Great player... CMS must be getting p1ssed-off with lack of supply... makes sense to me...

LondonRoad

Aug 21, 2011
2-2.5 million and he will be off, Darragh wont sell him on the cheap, and he has another year left on his contract. I think Burnley offered 1.5mill in the summer and that was rejected straight away.

He can play anywhere in midfield, anywhere. We have played him right wing, left wing, center mid and free role behind the strikers this year. But he is best on the left wing.

I doubt it will happen, he's always said his aim is to keep Posh up for this season, if your going to get him, it will be in the summer.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I love it. Id be amazed if more than 2 of the big Boyd advocates on this thread have even seen him play 5 times live.

£2m for George Boyd makes me weep to think we let Elliot Bennett, the actual reason we are not the same team as last season, go for less than that amount.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here