Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

George Boyd - January move

Black Dalek

Jan 19, 2004
Boyd would be a great partner for CMS, I'm a bit worried CMS will get pissed off with us! Almost half way through the season and he has only got 6 goals due mainly for the way we play. And whilst ranting on ere, how many chances is Ankerman going to get.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Apart from the fact that he played with CMS and scores goals, im not sure anyone has provided a real reason, with proof, as to why we need/want him...

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Grant McCann would actually be a better player for us than Boyd, and anyway isn't Will Buckley our George Boyd (when he plays that is)?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
If we pay 2million for him, we must be mental. Talk about desperate suppoters wanting a quick fix!!
He's 26 and not in his prime yet,its not a bloody quick fix unless people like you actually think the dicker's,sparrows and harleys are goner become brilliant midfielders.

Boyd would be a great asset and oozes class:)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not saying he won't move to you if this is true but...

He is a Palace fan. And has said he dreams of playing for Palace one day. Not sure he would want to go to Brighton.

After he has helped us into and stayed in the premier for a couple of seasons I would have no objection to him helping you out in Div 1 when he is 32+years old.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Didn't Nicky Forster support Palace?

I doubt Boyd would turn down a move to us to be honest.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I agree that McCann would be a better signing - has bite to his game, a decent shot and scores from set pieces, plus knows CMS just as well.

I would rather see us use Buckley than buy Boyd.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
He's 26 and not in his prime yet,its not a bloody quick fix unless people like you actually think the dicker's,sparrows and harleys are goner become brilliant midfielders.

Wind your neck in cretin! - i think dicker, harley and sparrow are league 1 players and im all for Boyd but paying 2 million isnt for me. Way too expensive. And i f he oozed class then he would be all over the prem, which he isnt!!!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004

But Boyd's not a midfielder.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
What is he then? He plays as a roaming midfielder just behind the strikers.
Well, if you call that a midfielder, then it's not the kind of midfielder that Dicker, Harley, or Sparrow are. He's more of a striker than a midfielder to me. Not an out and out striker but he does most of his work in the final third of the pitch.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
What's your source? What've they got right before to be reliable?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here