Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

George Boyd - January move

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I love it. Id be amazed if more than 2 of the big Boyd advocates on this thread have even seen him play 5 times live.

£2m for George Boyd makes me weep to think we let Elliot Bennett, the actual reason we are not the same team as last season, go for less than that amount.

Is this the Elliott Bennett before the transfer deadline(where he missed out on the move to Norwich) or after. To me, once he wanted out he wasn't the same player.

carthorse

Dec 12, 2011
Just to give you the view from a Posh fan.
Firstly, Boyd is under contract for a while yet so we would be looking for a decent fee BUT our chairman has been honourable in dealing with McLean and CMS having got them to stay a while longer than they really wanted he allowed them to go when a decent offer was made and has made a similar pledge to Boydie.
Second re his position, he has played most of his games for us on the left wing but this year especially has played "in the hole" behind the front 2 at the head of our diamond midfield. I personally like him best wide left where I think he does most damage.
Finally, he's my 2nd favourite ever Posh player. A genuis with the ball who can cut open defences, take people on and shoot with power and accuracy. He works his nuts off for the team and tracks back. If he has a weakness its lack of pace. I wouldn't say he's slow but certainly isn't quick and Forest appeared to sign him on loan expecting he was a dashing winger which is not his game.
He would without any doubt play CMS in regularly and the 2 are not only mates but have a great understanding on the pitch.
Nothing against you guys but it would seriously piss me off if he joined you as well
By the way Jimmy Bullard is also ex Posh, what is it about our former players?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Just to give you the view from a Posh fan.
Firstly, Boyd is under contract for a while yet so we would be looking for a decent fee BUT our chairman has been honourable in dealing with McLean and CMS having got them to stay a while longer than they really wanted he allowed them to go when a decent offer was made and has made a similar pledge to Boydie.
Second re his position, he has played most of his games for us on the left wing but this year especially has played "in the hole" behind the front 2 at the head of our diamond midfield. I personally like him best wide left where I think he does most damage.
Finally, he's my 2nd favourite ever Posh player. A genuis with the ball who can cut open defences, take people on and shoot with power and accuracy. He works his nuts off for the team and tracks back. If he has a weakness its lack of pace. I wouldn't say he's slow but certainly isn't quick and Forest appeared to sign him on loan expecting he was a dashing winger which is not his game.
He would without any doubt play CMS in regularly and the 2 are not only mates but have a great understanding on the pitch.
Nothing against you guys but it would seriously piss me off if he joined you as well
By the way Jimmy Bullard is also ex Posh, what is it about our former players?
Boyd is our missing jigsaw,would love him here:)posh really do find some cracking players and im sure that will continue,your board are very shrewd aswell and so they should be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here