Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

George Boyd - January move

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
According to a reliable source, we're planning to make a January move for George Boyd from Peterborough.
We already know him and CMS work well together - would he be a good addition?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
On an earlier thread I suggested that he would be the ideal man for us to sign but the majority on here said that he is out of our price range and is going to a Premier club but I still live in hope. He would be an immense signing if it came off.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He really is the one player we need to make CMS happy, if we do this I may cry big time.

Boyd is a what we want

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I'd wet myself if that happened.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I suggested on an earlier thread that he would be the ideal siging for us but most on here seemed to think that he was out of our price range and was going to a Premier club. If we could pull it off he would be an immense signing for us.

Funny thing is most of us thought if we are being honest,exactly the same about CMS...who knows-i expect us to go large in January(within reason).

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Because why? They played together?
Look, i've seen him play just 5 times, so i really have no idea.
But what i do know is that we are not Peterborough.
We play measured, slow football. They have been totally attack focussed and gung ho for the last 5 years.
Taking Boyd from that team and putting him in ours will not guarantee goals for CMS. Nobody is given a free role here. Players have to defend. They have to play to Poyets orders.
He is no more likely to be a success here than Harley.
I just don't get it.
We need a boss in midfield and a decent, strong forward, plus a fit Buckley.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Because why? They played together?
Look, i've seen him play just 5 times, so i really have no idea.
But what i do know is that we are not Peterborough.
We play measured, slow football. They have been totally attack focussed and gung ho for the last 5 years.
Taking Boyd from that team and putting him in ours will not guarantee goals for CMS. Nobody is given a free role here. Players have to defend. They have to play to Poyets orders.
He is no more likely to be a success here than Harley.
I just don't get it.
We need a boss in midfield and a decent, strong forward, plus a fit Buckley.

I agree with this-but we were told by Gus that CMS is the No1,THE player he could/would build his team around-perhaps the measured will remain,but the slow will be a bit quicker with future additions..exciting stuff all the same

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
I don't think anyone really knows what our 'price range' is after signing CMS in the summer.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
My sources tell me that jimmy Bullard is signing in jan as well . He's living in Surrey won't move to Ipswich fallen out with players and Paul jewell , a short commute from Surrey to Sussex simples , 32 bags of experience box to box midfielder just want we want , Bullard byodd bridcutt and Vicente midfield with Buckley and cms up front job done premier league here we come

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I have been praying this for five years! Since his Stevenage days.

Boyd as a strike partner (playing just behing CMS) will be fantastic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here