Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Photography thread

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
The Herdwick - everyone's favourite sheep. Lucky you if you were up here last week - wonderful weather.
Yes, I was very lucky all round.

Two weeks away. Northumberland for the Newcastle game, then down to Wasdale and finishing off in The Peak District near the Monsal Trail. Only one day of a few showers in Northumberland, the rest was the perfect blend of cloud and warm, but not too hot, sun :)

Difficult to pick a highlight really. The whole trip blew me away!

Even luckier you though if you live up in Cumbria :thumbsup:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Yes, I was very lucky all round.

Two weeks away. Northumberland for the Newcastle game, then down to Wasdale and finishing off in The Peak District near the Monsal Trail. Only one day of a few showers in Northumberland, the rest was the perfect blend of cloud and warm, but not too hot, sun :)

Difficult to pick a highlight really. The whole trip blew me away!

Even luckier you though if you live up in Cumbria :thumbsup:
Still miss The Weald though.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Taken using my phone pointing it upward from the beautiful car park of the Aberystwyth railway club,( short stay only btw)
IMG20230519203422.jpg

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
This is a Speckled Bush Cricket. I am slightly disappointed in the resolution, but the creature is tiny, being only about half a centimetre long.

Gorgeous! :love:

I've never heard of one, let alone seen one. Are they native to the UK, or was this taken abroad?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Gorgeous! :love:

I've never heard of one, let alone seen one. Are they native to the UK, or was this taken abroad?
They are native. I've seen them loads, but must admit that I thought they were a kind of grasshopper until my cousin asked me what it was and I googled. They look a bit different when adult and are about 1 inch at full size. They are, apparently found in the UK in heathland and in gardens. Mine was taken on the edge of the verandah.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Beautiful demoiselle.

Attachments

• Demoiselle.jpg
    Demoiselle.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 40

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not a special photo but this is an old rose, bought 30 years ago, that smells amazing but which has no immunity to mould. And this year, we have some flowers.

1687292476139.png

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Most vegetable growers' enemy, and as common as muck, but I really liked this shot. Small White butterfly on Bramble flower.

Attachments

• Small-white on Bramble.jpg
    Small-white on Bramble.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 35

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here