Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gay Commentators on BBC Olympics

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Is Thorpe raelly that camp?

He's just well dressed and softly spoken, he's not camp in an annoying outrageous way like alan carr or graham norton.

He couldn't be any more camp if he burst into "I am what I am" in a beautiful duet with Colin Jackson. I'd pay to see that, mind..

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The other night they had Thorpe & Balding on the sofa, talking about Tom Daley, with Mark Foster, and special guest.....Carl Lewis

:lolol:

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
The other night they had Thorpe & Balding on the sofa, talking about Tom Daley, with Mark Foster, and special guest.....Carl Lewis

How many T Shirts can Daley Thomson wear at once?!

WA3623308.jpg

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing

Now, given the recent abuse dished out to Mr Daley I am very careful what I say here....... but, isn't he a friend of Dorothy??

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Yep, it never fails to amaze me how much Gary Lineker gets paid by the BBC for being an extremely mediocre presenter. His only saving grace is that he's fractionally less wooden than when he first started out, but he still lacks any kind of natural flair or instinct for the job and is painfully scripted at all times.

Nail on head Edna. Clearly he and Balding etc are given the same briefing pack. The difference being that Logan, Humphrey and Balding have read it, understood it and then use the 'facts' they've learnt by subtley using them in to the conversation so that the viewer feels informed and it aids the interview by drawing comments and feedback from the guest.

Then we get the Lineker style where 'clunk' there goes another fact DROPPED painfully and out of context into the monologue he is forcing down our throats. He comes across as the pub quiz big head who goes round the office challenging colleagues to test him on facts.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Nail on head Edna. Clearly he and Balding etc are given the same briefing pack. The difference being that Logan, Humphrey and Balding have read it, understood it and then use the 'facts' they've learnt by subtley using them in to the conversation so that the viewer feels informed and it aids the interview by drawing comments and feedback from the guest.

Then we get the Lineker style where 'clunk' there goes another fact DROPPED painfully and out of context into the monologue he is forcing down our throats. He comes across as the pub quiz big head who goes round the office challenging colleagues to test him on facts.

Yep, but not just that, it's like he feels as though he has to get a "hilarious" pun into every piece too: perhaps he thinks he's being endearingly funny but in fact it's just embarrassing.

It's inevitably either a pun on a competitor's name, or a lame national stereotype- nine times out of ten involving Germans and either penalties or towels on sunbeds :yawn:.

Why, Gary? Why bother?

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
After seeing some of the outfits that Thorpe wears he is definitely batting for the other side and even then I think the gay community would be offended by that hideous jumper and jacket combination he wore the other night.
Mark Foster was on that "come dine with me" program the other night and they were all athletes Tasha Danvers was all over him and no interest.

On the other point I think the vast majority of commentators are poor on the beeb they go more for the cult of celebs and big time winners than knowledgeable commentating, even the wife said Redgrave was as dull as dish water and useless and she knows nothing about sport.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
After seeing some of the outfits that Thorpe wears he is definitely batting for the other side and even then I think the gay community would be offended by that hideous jumper and jacket combination he wore the other night.
Mark Foster was on that "come dine with me" program the other night and they were all athletes Tasha Danvers was all over him and no interest.

On the other point I think the vast majority of commentators are poor on the beeb they go more for the cult of celebs and big time winners than knowledgeable commentating, even the wife said Redgrave was as dull as dish water and useless and she knows nothing about sport.
she would get it !!

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Going a bit off topic, but related to some of the comments above, the think I don't like about Lineker is that he always has to have the last say in a conversation, you watch.

Going back on topic, I thought Foster was "official", but don't know where I heard that.

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
I'm pretty certain that if Thorpe was a cricketer he would insist on bowling from the pavilion end. I thought the Colin Jackson/Mark Foster liaison was "fact" but it appears not to be anything other than a rumour.

Jimmy Grimble

Yep, but not just that, it's like he feels as though he has to get a "hilarious" pun into every piece too: perhaps he thinks he's being endearingly funny but in fact it's just embarrassing.

It's inevitably either a pun on a competitor's name, or a lame national stereotype- nine times out of ten involving Germans and either penalties or towels on sunbeds :yawn:.

Why, Gary? Why bother?

Slightly unrelated, but any excuse to post this. One of the best spoofs I've ever seen. :lolol: "Well, the point is... Rio Ferdinand is a professional footballer, he's a professional footballer... he's got everything... he's quick, he's fast and he's got pace" YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
Yep, it never fails to amaze me how much Gary Lineker gets paid by the BBC for being an extremely mediocre presenter. His only saving grace is that he's fractionally less wooden than when he first started out, but he still lacks any kind of natural flair or instinct for the job and is painfully scripted at all times.

Even his matey 19th hole "banter" with golf chums Hansen & Lawro is cringeworthy. But somehow he's one of the BBC's highest paid stars. They do have a bad habit of ranking their presenters by their previous sporting status rather than their actual current ability. Roll on Michael Johnson with the athletics for some decent insight at last.

Totally agree with this. It's time the BBC put Hansen and Lawrenson out to grass and restrict Lineker to football presenting only.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Back in hetro-world.

Hazel is rocking it, while sitting in a draft.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Back in hetro-world.

Hazel is rocking it, while sitting in a draft.

Ah bollox Barker now, that was short lived, and straight back into Gay-World.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I just think the commentators are the luckiest fuckers in the country. "Jobs" don't come better than this.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Thorpey definitely has the gay eye thing going on, the little flutters and looks he gives are sooooo gay dahling. I like him and his knowledge about the swimming is understandably superb. Foster is good too and if I were that way inclined might be tempted to a game of hide the sausage with him. I would like to talk all things sport over pints of strong Ale with Balding and then have a cheeky arm wrestle with her at the end of the night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here