Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gay Commentators on BBC Olympics

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
How does their sexuality affect commentary skills and ability ? Does it really matter ?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It doesn't effect it. No it doesn't matter. Did anyone say it did?

No it doesn't effect it but it is rather bizarre that people get so hung up on peoples sexuality - does it really matter ? I can't see a thread discussing commentators religion ???

DBL

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
I may have lost the bet with the misses, but I got to choose the dinner. A very nice chicken dansack, pillaw rice, pompodoms & Bombay potatoes on the side! Pleased I did lose, as the wife would have got fish & chips!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Who has a dinner related bet on that then?

No agreed, nobody as far as I'm aware. My point being is why would anybody even consider another persons sexuality ( unless they were out on the pull of course ) ? You might as well consider their foot size or religion. I just don't get why anyone would ask the question.

Dec 29, 2011
No agreed, nobody as far as I'm aware. My point being is why would anybody even consider another persons sexuality ( unless they were out on the pull of course ) ? You might as well consider their foot size or religion. I just don't get why anyone would ask the question.

Because people are interested in useless pieces of information, it makes the world more interesting. That 6'8" swimmer always gets introduced as "the 6'8" man from USA" or something. Why does his height matter? It doesn't, it's useless, but people like to know random stuff. Saying "is someone gay" is just as useless, and it isn't said in a spiteful or harsh way.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
No it doesn't effect it but it is rather bizarre that people get so hung up on peoples sexuality - does it really matter ? I can't see a thread discussing commentators religion ???

Do you never see an attractive woman and then check to see whether she is wearing a ring? Or what-have-you.

Or wondering if a slightly butch lady or camp man are unattainable or attainable(!) respectively.

Religion is an absolutely daft comparison.

It doesn't matter, but it is interesting.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A very nice chicken dansack, pillaw rice, pompodoms & Bombay potatoes on the side!
I guess the rice was light and feathery.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here