Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gai Assulin Video

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
there really are some fools on here. The guy is class but probably too attacking for Gustav imo. A great player to help CMS through the middle but tactics will change to accommodate imo.

I have seen nothing in these videos to impress me, and I am a much better spotter of talent than all of you lot put together - that's clear already.

He better be able to turn up with better than those vids have shown, otherwise we may as well look at local schoolkids for that level.

It's not a surprise to see people drooling though, any time we hear about some new name we are getting in - it's "I can't WAIT, the guy is SHEER CLASS, just OOZES SKILL" and more old bollocks waxing effusively over a foreigner with a new gai name.

Last edited:

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I have seen nothing in these videos to impress me, and I am a much better spotter of talent than all of you lot put together - that's clear already.

He better be able to turn up with better than those vids have shown, otherwise we may as well look at local schoolkids for that level.

It's not a surprise to see people drooling though, any time we hear about some new name we are getting in - it's "I can't WAIT, the guy is SHEER CLASS, just OOZES SKILL" and more old bollocks waxing effusively over a foreigner with a new gai name.

There's always one twat.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
If he's a Barcelona reject, he can't be any good. After all, they're rubbish, aren't they?

But seriously, though, looks potentially very exciting. And he increases the number of countries we have international players from. Flair, as some are wont to post.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
We have got the Gay Assassin for a month to see if he is any better than our current players and worth borrowing for a longer period. If not we can send him back and play the current players who have performed quite well when fit. He is going to have to be quite good though to displace Noone, Kazenga, Vicente, Macca, Toby Agdestein, Will Buckley.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We have got the Gay Assassin for a month to see if he is any better than our current players and worth borrowing for a longer period. If not we can send him back and play the current players who have performed quite well when fit. He is going to have to be quite good though to displace Noone, Kazenga, Vicente, Macca, Toby Agdestein, Will Buckley.

We haven't got him for a month "to see if he is better than our current players". I'm 100000% certain if Gus was offered Assulin for a sensible about of money he'd bite City's arm off. 1 month is all we've managed to get so far, but Gus has already said he wants him for longer.

Assulin already looks of a better pedigree than at least Noone and Agdestein, and probably the rest barring Vicente.

There's always one twat.

And it's you, if you can be that convinced by reserve-game videos where it looks like the equivalent of a bunch of 8year-olds scampering about, and the one you are drolling about is just running with the ball or hitting it once from close in.
Another video showing the ones where he trips over, makes a bad pass, or the ball is recovered by a defender, and you'd be shooting him down in fuckin FLAMES.
Yep, the twat is you.

Not to say that I don't want the fellow to show up and be brilliant, but I ain't impressed by those videos.

We haven't got him for a month "to see if he is better than our current players". I'm 100000% certain if Gus was offered Assulin for a sensible about of money he'd bite City's arm off. 1 month is all we've managed to get so far, but Gus has already said he wants him for longer.

Assulin already looks of a better pedigree than at least Noone and Agdestein, and probably the rest barring Vicente.

WHY?? What has he even done to impress you that much?
Those video clips? Gimme a break!

Hey, on another subject though..... I have some beachfront land in Arizona to sell you. I think there's a diamond mine on the property as well

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
WHY?? What has he even done to impress you that much?
Those video clips? Gimme a break!

Hey, on another subject though..... I have some beachfront land in Arizona to sell you. I think there's a diamond mine on the property as well

What part of "one of the better players to come through La Masia" don't you understand? I'm not basing it on solely those videos, I don't think anyone with a BRAIN is.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm basing it on the fact Gus sounds like an excited little kid when talking about him. He knows A LOT MORE ABOUT FOOTBALL than you.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So you are suggesting that he has a 100% success rate on his signings, and that every player he likes is dynamite before they make a SINGLE f***ing APPEARANCE for us.
Interessssting!

Did he act like a little kid at Christmas when signing Holroyd? Don't think so.

This is a WELL KNOWN player. I love the arrogant attitude that because YOU haven't heard of him, it's impossible for all the other people who have heard of him/seen him to rate him.

I had heard of him before we signed him on loan. He's a known prospect.

Alan Shearer: "Of course, none of us really know anything about him". That'll be the world famous Hatem Ben Arfa then.

Did he act like a little kid at Christmas when signing Holroyd? Don't think so.

This is a WELL KNOWN player. I love the arrogant attitude that because YOU haven't heard of him, it's impossible for all the other people who have heard of him/seen him to rate him.

I had heard of him before we signed him on loan. He's a known prospect.

Alan Shearer: "Of course, none of us really know anything about him". That'll be the world famous Hatem Ben Arfa then.

I said the reason I declined to 'rate' him, and you idiots seem to find that objectionable.
Well, I have questioned your reasons for rating him, and have yet to get more that "Gus knows" or "I have HEARD of him"

Great, you have heard of him :lolol:

He MUST be good then.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I said the reason I declined to 'rate' him, and you idiots seem to find that objectionable.
Well, I have questioned your reasons for rating him, and have yet to get more that "Gus knows" or "I have HEARD of him"

He MUST be good then.

Wow you're basic.

Your logic is: "I haven't heard of him, so, who knows?"

Brilliant. A lot of people have heard of him and rate him. I'm one of those people, based on a lot more than blurry video evidence.

If we bought NEYMAR, would you be saying, "Well, he might be shit, until I see him I'll reserve judgment."

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

He MUST be good then.

You said people are just wanking over him over some average videos. I told you no, unlike you a lot of people have heard of him, he is KNOWN to be a player with serious talent.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Right I'll make it really simple for you:

I (and I'm sure quite a few others) are VERY excited by this prospect because this player is KNOWN TO BE QUALITY.

Simple enough?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here