Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fund run by David Cameron’s father avoided paying tax in Britain (Panama leaks)

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Isn't that the name of a Norwegian Black Death Metal band? I think I have their debut album somewhere.

Didn't know they'd SINGED for a new label, so thanks for the update JC!

Shirley a
Danish_logo.png
Black Death Metal band?

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I have just remembered Cameron breaking off from a G20 summit to give his views on Jimmy Carr:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFymD53G72M

'Not morally acceptable.'

Imagine if it should come to light that he had benefited from his father's off shore squirreling before making these comments...

I also wonder whether any journalists will be returning to the less lurid, but if true, more damning accusations made in Ashcroft's biography:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...dom-status-lord-ashcroft-claims-10511767.html

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Shock horror, the rich pay no tax.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I am of to spend my fathers inheritance all £62 of it not much I know
thats because he paid his ****ing taxes

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I have just remembered Cameron breaking off from a G20 summit to give his views on Jimmy Carr:

Imagine if it should come to light that he had benefited from his father's off shore squirreling before making these comments...

I also wonder whether any journalists will be returning to the less lurid, but if true, more damning accusations made in Ashcroft's biography:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...dom-status-lord-ashcroft-claims-10511767.html

He wasn't so vociferous in attacking Conservative donor Gary Barlow when he was in similar trouble to establishment mocking Jimmy Carr.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/p...gainst-calls-he-should-give-back-9354128.html

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
If you thought I was defending him so rigorously and thought I was a Tory it follows you viewed me as a Cameron supporting Tory. :p

As you say the truth will out sometime.

Downing Street statements/direct quotes from Cameron

In terms of my own financial affairs, I own no shares. I have a salary as prime minister and I have some savings, which I get some interest from and I have a house, which we used to live in, which we now let out while we are living in Downing Street and that’s all I have. I have no shares, no offshore trusts, no offshore funds, nothing like that. And, so that, I think, is a very clear description.

To be clear, the prime minister, his wife and their children do not benefit from any offshore funds.

There are no offshore funds/trusts which the prime minister, Mrs Cameron or their children will benefit from in future.

Not that the truth really matters to some people, a link has been made. No doubt tax dodging pig head f**ker will be the new label with no evidence to support any of it!

Pig head f*cker. A quick, easy and apt label that I applied to Cameron.

The sad reality is however that in all probability the current world furore over the tax revelations will wash over our British heads in a pretty similar way that Cameron's porcine exploits were discretely swept under the carpet (to overload the metaphors). We have an almost endearing involuntary reaction to touch our forelocks or genuflect in the presence of the rich and powerful, far more so than other nations. A classless society? On the contrary, we retain our uniquely subtle but vigorous post-feudal sense of knowing one's place. Our betters are doing wrong? Just learn to look the other way, turn a blind eye, it's ingrained into our national psyche.

It's perfectly acceptable to avoid tax by any means however devious as it's certainly not that wicked tax evasion thing is it? Or rather, isn't it obvious that that is just semantics and a shabby cop-out, a self-righteous self-deceitful adherence to the letter of the law rather than recognising and accepting the spirit of the law.

The security of the British rich and powerful ruling class is further bolstered by the avarice and aspiration of many of their lessers; I won't condemn the wealthy, I won't even consider what they've done too closely, in truth I want to be one of them, I shall condone them. The reality is their lessers are being willingly duped. You state "Not that the truth really matters to some people", I couldn't agree more.

Does anyone doubt that there are more law firms in Panama carrying out similar services to Mossak Fonseca? Does anyone doubt that there are law firms all over the world doing similar? Does anyone doubt the extent to which tax havens are utilised by the British wealthy in places like Jersey or the Isle of Man or British overseas territories like Bermuda, the Cayman Island or the British Virgin Islands or Switzerland or Lichtenstein or.....? Does anyone doubt the extent to which these countries are used to nurture corruption, conceal tax evasion and launder money? Does anyone believe that Cameron's dad was the only wealthy British citizen to avoid "being all in it together"? Does anyone know that Cameron's dad also ran an offshore fund in the Bahamas that employed residents to complete paperwork and so evaded British tax bills? Does anyone believe that Cameron is not the beneficiary of the tainted inheritance he received from his all his Dad's tax evasion? Does anyone know that although Cameron has put himself forward as a champion of anti-tax evasion efforts, he has stated that the Isle of Man should not be considered a tax haven in spite of there being no corporation, capital gains or inheritance tax? Does anyone believe that all the other members of that cosy tax haven club to which Cameron belongs, including those in the government, are really quaking in their boots in fear that they will be exposed?

"Not that the truth really matters to some people"? Let those partisan scales fall from your own eyes.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Pig head f*cker. A quick, easy and apt label that I applied to Cameron.

The sad reality is however that in all probability the current world furore over the tax revelations will wash over our British heads in a pretty similar way that Cameron's porcine exploits were discretely swept under the carpet (to overload the metaphors). We have an almost endearing involuntary reaction to touch our forelocks or genuflect in the presence of the rich and powerful, far more so than other nations. A classless society? On the contrary, we retain our uniquely subtle but vigorous post-feudal sense of knowing one's place. Our betters are doing wrong? Just learn to look the other way, turn a blind eye, it's ingrained into our national psyche.

It's perfectly acceptable to avoid tax by any means however devious as it's certainly not that wicked tax evasion thing is it? Or rather, isn't it obvious that that is just semantics and a shabby cop-out, a self-righteous self-deceitful adherence to the letter of the law rather than recognising and accepting the spirit of the law.

The security of the British rich and powerful ruling class is further bolstered by the avarice and aspiration of many of their lessers; I won't condemn the wealthy, I won't even consider what they've done too closely, in truth I want to be one of them, I shall condone them. The reality is their lessers are being willingly duped. You state "Not that the truth really matters to some people", I couldn't agree more.

Does anyone doubt that there are more law firms in Panama carrying out similar services to Mossak Fonseca? Does anyone doubt that there are law firms all over the world doing similar? Does anyone doubt the extent to which tax havens are utilised by the British wealthy in places like Jersey or the Isle of Man or British overseas territories like Bermuda, the Cayman Island or the British Virgin Islands or Switzerland or Lichtenstein or.....? Does anyone doubt the extent to which these countries are used to nurture corruption, conceal tax evasion and launder money? Does anyone believe that Cameron's dad was the only wealthy British citizen to avoid "being all in it together"? Does anyone know that Cameron's dad also ran an offshore fund in the Bahamas that employed residents to complete paperwork and so evaded British tax bills? Does anyone believe that Cameron is not the beneficiary of the tainted inheritance he received from his all his Dad's tax evasion? Does anyone know that although Cameron has put himself forward as a champion of anti-tax evasion efforts, he has stated that the Isle of Man should not be considered a tax haven in spite of there being no corporation, capital gains or inheritance tax? Does anyone believe that all the other members of that cosy tax haven club to which Cameron belongs, including those in the government, are really quaking in their boots in fear that they will be exposed?

"Not that the truth really matters to some people"? Let those partisan scales fall from your own eyes.

Agree with much of what you say although I think you were laying it on a bit thick with the class forelock tugging analogy. Isn't it more a case of general apathy because we have either known or assumed they were up to this sort of thing. Plus of course as you point out our whole consumerist society is designed to be one big distraction from looking too closely at anything that really matters.

Saying that although we operate in this environment evidence and truth should still matter even if devilishly difficult to find.

Jimmy Grimble

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...an-camerons-offshore-investment-a6973586.html

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If you thought I was defending him so rigorously and thought I was a Tory it follows you viewed me as a Cameron supporting Tory. :p

As you say the truth will out sometime.

Downing Street statements/direct quotes from Cameron

In terms of my own financial affairs, I own no shares. I have a salary as prime minister and I have some savings, which I get some interest from and I have a house, which we used to live in, which we now let out while we are living in Downing Street and that’s all I have. I have no shares, no offshore trusts, no offshore funds, nothing like that. And, so that, I think, is a very clear description.

To be clear, the prime minister, his wife and their children do not benefit from any offshore funds.

There are no offshore funds/trusts which the prime minister, Mrs Cameron or their children will benefit from in future.

Not that the truth really matters to some people, a link has been made. No doubt tax dodging pig head f**ker will be the new label with no evidence to support any of it!

Fair enough. If they've said that then it must be true!!!

Seems CDM has a handle on all the investments of is father in law, Sir Reginald Sheffield from whom his wife is likely to inherit a sizeable sum!!! Maybe CDM just asked him to verbally confirm there were no offshore trusts and he happily obliged. Alternatively, he may have an in depth knowledge of everything his father in law does.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Its not just Cameron remember, the whole lot of them are up to it! [emoji444] Corruption makes the world go round[emoji444]

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
god and this man is supposed to be running the country,
I hear Panama is nice this time of year, maybe he will invite the other nasty little piece of work with him, and gideon can catch some rays
bye dave :bigwave:

oh and shut the door behind you

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here