Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fuming at Oscar!!!

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
But not according to the polls carried out on here :wink:

I meant the posters on this thread.

At the end of the day, OG's single vote outweighs all others; that was the heart of the matter I referred to.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
My thoughts exactly.
Leo looked shattered and I thought Obika would be spot on to provide an outlet and an injection of energy... A real shame he seemed to suffer from stage fright - I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have spent so long on Spurs' books if his touch is actually that bad when his mind is on it. Who knows what might have been different if D_Rod had come on instead, but as you say, hindsight always makes it easier!

Ulloa picked up a knock in the second half and had already gestured to the bench when he was taken off. Hopefully it's nothing major that will affect him for Saturday. Can't criticise Oscar for bringing on Obika in that situation I guess (the only other option would have been Rodriguez).

Thought Ulloa looked much more back to his old self last night. Couple of sublime touches, a goal that appears to be surprisingly underrated on here (watch the touches from him and Buckley leading up to it: gorgeous stuff), and only that miss to blot his copybook. Still. Three in three, let's hope he's fit for the weekend.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Somewhere last night the villagers were sent out looking as they were bereft of their idiot but alas he was found safe but somewhat more confused than ever on here. byf1 hope you are now in your safe padded room.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Somewhere last night the villagers were sent out looking as they were bereft of their idiot but alas he was found safe but somewhat more confused than ever on here. byf1 hope you are now in your safe padded room.

He's in the special NSC Quiet Room.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
The best form of attack is defence, we looked shakey....for those that didn't see that then watch the game again on a re-run, they clattered the bar and post twice and we should have lost, they controlled large parts of the game with 58% of the ball, no 1 has 58% of the ball against us and that's the biggest problem, it's well and good saying use the squad but if they cant do what the first team can do and it means we don't go through then it's not right.

They had 57% of the ball because we were leading 1-0 and defending our lead whilst they were looking for an equaliser

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I meant the posters on this thread.

At the end of the day, OG's single vote outweighs all others; that was the heart of the matter I referred to.

Of course it does.

Doesn't mean to say that I have to agree with his apparent view that Cup games aren't as important as League ones.

The majority of managers almost appear to believe that Cup games are irrelevant distractions which I think is a shame.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Nah, I believe strongly in people being given a chance of rehabilitation :)

Unless of course they are Crystal Palace supporters....they don't need rehabilitating at all...everything from them is acceptable.

Oh..on reflection...apologies. I understand in the past that you have had the audacity to issue an infraction to Palace trolls.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It's been said before and it's going to be said here again, lastnights team selection was a total piss take out of fans and the F.A cup and I for one am gutted, I totally concur with Robbie Savage. Enormous opportunity to get to the quarter final of the FA CUP for a winnable tie against our former manager and would have also given us another big pay day and he makes 7 ****ing changes!

I half understand it against the likes of Port Vale but not against Hull who ended up making less changes than we did.

I'm not sure who he thinks we are to make that many changes and I hope the FA in the future fix it so that clubs cant change more than 3 players from a Saturday game or you may aswell just call it the Reserve team cup & we can play the games at Lancing. The only thing I can think is that he doesn't understand the F.A cup, what it means to the fans and it's history, is it not the greatest cup comp in the world?

Buckley - not fit
Chicksen - not good enough
JFC - was always going to lose the midfield battle
Brezovan - Distribution was poor
Andrews - terrible
Dunk - solid but rather have greer

It's not all about how the players do on the night, a solid team that are used to playing together obviously play better than sticking a load of players for a one off game.

No more FA cup games for me whilst Oscar is in charge, if he cant be arsed to put a winning team out then neither can I.

You've taken a lot of stick on here feller, but I have to agree with a lot of what you've said. Firstly, from a personal point of view if I really thought Oscar was going for it I'd be up to Hull for the replay. But we aren't going to see that are we?

For years I've lambasted teams especially in the PL for devaluing the FA cup. But for me last night was a dark day for us we joined the club. I'm all for giving youth a try, but when you reach the 5th round against PL opposition and possibly the tastiest cup game in a generation as a reward, you don't play weakened sides.

One thing is for sure, we will never know what might have been?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Of course it does.

Doesn't mean to say that I have to agree with his apparent view that Cup games aren't as important as League ones.

The majority of managers almost appear to believe that Cup games are irrelevant distractions which I think is a shame.

I agree that he appears to place less value on cup games although judging by the strength and performance of last night's team, I would certainly not think that he viewed them as irrelevant distractions.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Unless of course they are Crystal Palace supporters....they don't need rehabilitating at all...everything from them is acceptable.

Oh..on reflection...apologies. I understand in the past that you have had the audacity to issue an infraction to Palace trolls.

Hey, I've banned plenty of Palace fans. The difference is- and if you don't like it, gentlemen of Selhurst, you know what to do- that if you're an Albion fan saying something mildly out of line to a CPFC poster, you might get a warning (depending on past history of course). A CPFC fan doing the same will be more likely to get a ban. At least that's the way I look at it.

Possibly unfair, but hey, that's life, it's our ball and if we don't want to let you play with it: unlucky.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I suppose I have a bit of a card fetish, but I do like to take a look in moderating decisions, for the official justification. Come on Edna play to the gallery !

I'm the shy, retiring sort :)

I'd hope it was fairly obvious why he's received a short ban, and I'm slightly relieved to note that there seems to be a fair few on here who also objected to the post in question, as I'd hate to think it was just me being over-sensitive or taking things personally.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I'm the shy, retiring sort :)

I'd hope it was fairly obvious why he's received a short ban, and I'm slightly relieved to note that there seems to be a fair few on here who also objected to the post in question, as I'd hate to think it was just me being over-sensitive or taking things personally.

Over-sensitive..???? really...????

I could understand him being banned if you were a poor 'damsel in distress'....but I suspect you don't exactly fit that that category.

He made a mildly sexist comment.....one which on reflection I,m sure he would agree, wasn't the greatest idea.

However...what is worse.....a mildly sexist comment against one of NSCs finest ladies, well versed in portraying herself as 'one of the lads', or...........................

someone ( A Palace troll) who tells one of our moderators to..."piss off"......????

el punal

It's been said before and it's going to be said here again, lastnights team selection was a total piss take out of fans and the F.A cup and I for one am gutted, I totally concur with Robbie Savage. Enormous opportunity to get to the quarter final of the FA CUP for a winnable tie against our former manager and would have also given us another big pay day and he makes 7 ****ing changes!

I half understand it against the likes of Port Vale but not against Hull who ended up making less changes than we did.

I'm not sure who he thinks we are to make that many changes and I hope the FA in the future fix it so that clubs cant change more than 3 players from a Saturday game or you may aswell just call it the Reserve team cup & we can play the games at Lancing. The only thing I can think is that he doesn't understand the F.A cup, what it means to the fans and it's history, is it not the greatest cup comp in the world?

Buckley - not fit
Chicksen - not good enough
JFC - was always going to lose the midfield battle
Brezovan - Distribution was poor
Andrews - terrible
Dunk - solid but rather have greer

It's not all about how the players do on the night, a solid team that are used to playing together obviousyly play better than sticking a load of players for a one off game.

No more FA cup games for me whilst Oscar is in charge, if he cant be arsed to put a winning team out then neither can I.

Did you have a very bad day at the office?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
:shrug: Can't please all of the people all of the time. Just because you can't see all the infractions people get doesn't meant they don't happen. Call it moderators' privilege if you want.

PM [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] if you're really that unhappy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here