Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fuming at Oscar!!!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I didn't find the OP's comment amusing but I do find it amusing that he was banned by someone whose signature essentially expresses the same sentiment whether it be a comic quote or not ???

They don't express the same sentiment.

Ops comment is essentially "women are lesser beings"
Edna's signature is essentially "look how outdated, ridiculous and laughable the attitude that 'women are lesser beings' is"

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
So you agree it was a weaker team than the last League game played and by your assessment likely to have been weaker than the next League game.

As far as I can see the only reason for that being the case is that OG considers cup matches of less importance than League matches and can be used as both a chance to 'rest' players and give squad members who don't regularly play in League matches a chance to play - he is far from being unique in that opinion.

This goes against what the polls on this board and others suggest the fans want - still we are after all just customers - the odd thing is that the real fans will still go to Cup games and it is the customers who will be put off by clubs fielding less than their strongest team for Cup games.
I am a STH Creaky and have been going for 46 years now but didn,t go to the Hull game because I only go to games where the manager picks his best team. The problem I have is I desperately need to know now if I am a customer or am still a fan ?

just in case anyones asks like....

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I am a STH Creaky and have been going for 46 years now but didn,t go to the Hull game because I only go to games where the manager picks his best team. The problem I have is I desperately need to know now if I am a customer or am still a fan ?

just in case anyones asks like....

Perhaps my phraseology was wrong - a bit too definitive - try, "the odd thing is that the real fans are more likely to be the ones that go to Cup games whilst many 'customers' will be put off"

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
If you think the comment was amusing you need to get a new sense of humour.

I think, my friend, that you appear to lack any kind of sense of humour. You must have a very long list of things that might offend people, animals, inanimate objects ... in your world is there anything we're still permitted to poke fun at? No, I thought not. You undoubtedly lead an extremely boring PC life. Not a Quaker by any chance?

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
For all those who knocked my comments about Oscar's teams selection after FA Cup game one, Don't you all look mugs now!

Keyboard twats!

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
Are you as fuming today as you were fuming before? Or more fuming? FUME.

Disillusioned I guess, just cant fathom it to be honest.

Do we want to proceed in the cup, if so then you play the strongest team against premiership opposition. You certainly don't play ****ing Brezovan!

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Keyboard twats!

mmmmmmmmmm keyboard twats huhuhuhuhuhuhuhu

simpHomerDrool_2006f.jpg

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Disillusioned I guess, just cant fathom it to be honest.

Do we want to proceed in the cup, if so then you play the strongest team against premiership opposition. You certainly don't play ****ing Brezovan!

I wonder if your assessment of him would be different if he had saved a penalty, or kept a clean sheet?

Or would you still act like a child?

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
I wonder if your assessment of him would be different if he had saved a penalty, or kept a clean sheet?

Or would you still act like a child?

My assessment is based on the amount of embarrassing games the guy has had in an Albion shirt which included lastnights antics, he's simply an awful keeper and i'm not sure what he needs to do to not get game time. He's a league 2 keeper at best and should be released in the summer to ply is trade elsewhere, you cant personally blame him as he's just shite, it's like shouting at someone who isn't good at something, it's not his fault that's he's not a good goal keeper but it doesn't change the fact.!

I've personally never seen two worse GK's in Ankergren & Brezovan in over 20 years of watching us. They really are the pits, if you disagree that's fine.

Acting like a child? I'm simply stating my opinion which is what this is for.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
For all those who knocked my comments about Oscar's teams selection after FA Cup game one, Don't you all look mugs now!

Keyboard twats!

Yeap, afraid you were right. We should have fielded our strongest side in the first leg, when you are the lower division side and you are at home that is what teams are supposed to do. You have the makings of a great manager Oscar, but please....The FA Cup is still the best competition going don't p**s around with it....

Last edited:

Aug 23, 2011
My assessment is based on the amount of embarrassing games the guy has had in an Albion shirt which included lastnights antics, he's simply an awful keeper and i'm not sure what he needs to do to not get game time. He's a league 2 keeper at best and should be released in the summer to ply is trade elsewhere, you cant personally blame him as he's just shite, it's like shouting at someone who isn't good at something, it's not his fault that's he's not a good goal keeper but it doesn't change the fact.!

I've personally never seen two worse GK's in Ankergren & Brezovan in over 20 years of watching us. They really are the pits, if you disagree that's fine.

you obviously haven't been watching very closely for the last 20 years then. They are acceptable mid to lower table championship keepers as shown by our first season in the championship. You completely ruin your argument with your extremist views.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

To be honest, I agree with your original point that we should have played Kuszczak in both games. Can't believe he needs a rest.

However, saying that, the quoted bit of your post is acting like a child. If you genuinely believe that Ankergren and Brezovan are the worst keepers we've had in the last 20 years, then you haven't been to many games. Off the top of my head, Ormerod, Rust, Walton, Cartwright, Royce, Flitney, Flinders, Jones, Yelldell, Shaaban, Henderson, Smith and Poke are all worst. I'm sure I've missed some too but that's 13.

theboybilly

I was pleasantly surprised that some Hull fans who were making their way back into town with me were full of praise for some of the football Albion played last night. They said they were praying for the final whistle at the end. The first half wasn't up to much I know but I enjoyed the second 45 minutes quite a bit. As for Brezovan, he had a shocker of a first 45 but in his few appearances this season he's looked a very capable 2nd keeper. Last night was just one of those nights.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here