Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fuming at Oscar!!!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Ah Bushy, championing equality again I see. Idiot.

EDIT: Oh look, now you can see you're generally ignored. You were in luck today, I fancied a giggle.

But you area drip, what was the point of reporting? Edna was on the case already:shrug:

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
It's been said before and it's going to be said here again, lastnights team selection was a total piss take out of fans and the F.A cup and I for one am gutted, I totally concur with Robbie Savage. Enormous opportunity to get to the quarter final of the FA CUP for a winnable tie against our former manager and would have also given us another big pay day and he makes 7 ****ing changes!

I half understand it against the likes of Port Vale but not against Hull who ended up making less changes than we did.

I'm not sure who he thinks we are to make that many changes and I hope the FA in the future fix it so that clubs cant change more than 3 players from a Saturday game or you may aswell just call it the Reserve team cup & we can play the games at Lancing. The only thing I can think is that he doesn't understand the F.A cup, what it means to the fans and it's history, is it not the greatest cup comp in the world?

Buckley - not fit
Chicksen - not good enough
JFC - was always going to lose the midfield battle
Brezovan - Distribution was poor
Andrews - terrible
Dunk - solid but rather have greer

It's not all about how the players do on the night, a solid team that are used to playing together obviousyly play better than sticking a load of players for a one off game.

No more FA cup games for me whilst Oscar is in charge, if he cant be arsed to put a winning team out then neither can I.

What an idiot you are

If anything he proved that we have a good squad who are a match for anybody.
Given the negativity surrounding the club after the transfer window closed I think
we should all feel a lot more positive about the final quarter of the season.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Can't abide sexists, and there's a report button. There's no point in it being there if you can't use it. If that makes me an area drip then so be it.

Not sure why you're questioning me rather than the OP.

You obviously didn't understand my question.
You reported a post to the mods, the post was having a pop at Edna ( a mod) who was posting on the thread at the time.
Edna can hold her own any day of the week, I would never disrespect her though.

The OP is banned, I can't ask him any questions.

I had you down as an intelligent person.

That's all.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
If you think I was wrong to report the OP to the mods, we'll have to disagree. If you're solely troubled by the fact I reported it and he'd already been banned (which I hadn't noticed as nobody had mentioned it when I posted it) there's no harm done is there? Not sure why you're getting so aggrieved about it.

So my question to you: Why are you getting so aggrieved? Everyone else seems to have dropped it as the one who made a sexist remark was banned yesterday. End of story.

Last edited:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
If you think I was wrong to report the OP to the mods, we'll have to disagree. If you're solely troubled by the fact I reported it and he'd already been banned (which I hadn't noticed as nobody had mentioned it when I posted it) there's no harm done is there? Not sure why you're getting so aggrieved about it.

So my question to you: Why are you getting so aggrieved? Everyone else seems to have dropped it as the one who made a sexist remark was banned yesterday. End of story.

Sorry but I am not aggrieved about anything here, I agreed with [MENTION=11956]bushy[/MENTION] and then asked you a simple question, which you didn't understand, so I spelt it out for you.
Story started again when [MENTION=11956]bushy[/MENTION] quoted you ( sorry I spelt it out for you again)

I'm not troubled by anything you say at all, reporting just seemed a bit soft and " look at me"

Giraffe was also on the case at the time of the sexist post. Giraffe is also a moderator if you are unsure what I am talking about.

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Sorry but I am not aggrieved about anything here, I agreed with [MENTION=11956]bushy[/MENTION] and then asked you a simple question, which you didn't understand, so I spelt it out for you.
Story started again when [MENTION=11956]bushy[/MENTION] quoted you ( sorry I spelt it out for you again)

I'm not troubled by anything you say at all, reporting just seemed a bit soft and " look at me"

Giraffe was also on the case at the time of the sexist post. Giraffe is also a moderator if you are unsure what I am talking about.

I don't know why Albuman made the announcement that he reported the post, but I don't see a problem with him reporting it. Just because mods are in the thread, doesn't mean they will a) see the post, b) act on it. Sometimes I miss posts while reading a thread and don't notice them until someone else has quoted them. Maybe Edna will have seen the comment and thought "that's a bit iffy, I should ban him... but am I just saying that because the comment is directed at me?" and receiving an alert from someone reporting it gives her the second opinion that confirms it isn't just her being sensitive. Maybe the mods get caught up in discussions and don't have that distance to recognise when a post needs action until someone reports it, they are human.

The board works best if people report posts that they think deserve it. It's wrong for people to read an offensive post, ignore it, then complain when no action is taken just because they assume mods are going to see and act on it. By reporting it, Albuman is playing his part.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Over-sensitive..???? really...????

I could understand him being banned if you were a poor 'damsel in distress'....but I suspect you don't exactly fit that that category.

He made a mildly sexist comment.....one which on reflection I,m sure he would agree, wasn't the greatest idea.

However...what is worse.....a mildly sexist comment against one of NSCs finest ladies, well versed in portraying herself as 'one of the lads', or...........................

someone ( A Palace troll) who tells one of our moderators to..."piss off"......????

It was me who was told to piss off. I don't see that as a banning offence. I thought it was a brainless rebuttal to a valid post, but not a cyber-crime.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I don't know why Albuman made the announcement that he reported the post, but I don't see a problem with him reporting it. Just because mods are in the thread, doesn't mean they will a) see the post, b) act on it. Sometimes I miss posts while reading a thread and don't notice them until someone else has quoted them. Maybe Edna will have seen the comment and thought "that's a bit iffy, I should ban him... but am I just saying that because the comment is directed at me?" and receiving an alert from someone reporting it gives her the second opinion that confirms it isn't just her being sensitive. Maybe the mods get caught up in discussions and don't have that distance to recognise when a post needs action until someone reports it, they are human.

The board works best if people report posts that they think deserve it. It's wrong for people to read an offensive post, ignore it, then complain when no action is taken just because they assume mods are going to see and act on it. By reporting it, Albuman is playing his part.

Fair comments Acker, I agree with your first words 100%, that was one of my points really.
Other point was I think at least two of the mods had seen the post, I would have thought more as the OP was fishing.

I have noticed your signature, IMO the mods deserve more credit they are very on the ball, I haven't been on here long but one thing I have noticed is not much gets past them.:wink:

Goodnight and kind regards.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I don't take things personally on here, and for what it's worth, Albumen was by no means the only contributor to suggest the post in question crossed a line.

Of course I can hold my own, I've had my share of grief on NSC and as a rule I just go along with it. Chucking the clueless "female" stuff in my face though, is not going to happen, as it insults me and every other female poster on here. Disagree with my opinion all you like, gents, but don't ever suggest that it's not valid simply because I don't have a penis.

Anyway, the O/P will be back in a couple of days, and free to engage you all with his insightful opinions once more. No harm done.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Edna - I appreciate the irony in your 'sig' but actually is what the OP posted any worse than what is the bottom of every post you make? ???

It's a Harry Enfield quote, innit?

The O/P wasn't quite as subtle. Or is just stupid. I know not which.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I don't take things personally on here, and for what it's worth, Albumen was by no means the only contributor to suggest the post in question crossed a line.

Of course I can hold my own, I've had my share of grief on NSC and as a rule I just go along with it. Chucking the clueless "female" stuff in my face though, is not going to happen, as it insults me and every other female poster on here. Disagree with my opinion all you like, gents, but don't ever suggest that it's not valid simply because I don't have a penis.

Anyway, the O/P will be back in a couple of days, and free to engage you all with his insightful opinions once more. No harm done.

So basically we now have to think twice about everything we say on here in case we might just upset someone. Women are hardly a minority and they surely can stand up for themselves in any discussion so why ban people who might make an amusing comment with reference to the fairer sex? Does that mean that a similar comment about men would also result in a ban? I thought the whole point was that we were supposed to be equal now? Not on NSC I guess.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yes, yes that's exactly it :facepalm:

Can we move on?

So basically we now have to think twice about everything we say on here in case we might just upset someone. Women are hardly a minority and they surely can stand up for themselves in any discussion so why ban people who might make an amusing comment with reference to the fairer sex? Does that mean that a similar comment about men would also result in a ban? I thought the whole point was that we were supposed to be equal now? Not on NSC I guess.

If you think the comment was amusing you need to get a new sense of humour.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I'm still chuckling at the idea of anyone actually FUMING. Lots of people embarrassing themselves all up in this thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here