Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Full Kit Wanker Holiday Mode

el punal

When they started ‘importing’ NFL games to be played at Wembley I remembered an incident at a pizza restaurant where my grandson and I were having a meal. There was a group of NFL fans, who were English, all wearing Pittsburgh Steelers uniforms (as they like to call them). Okay, fair enough, but one of them stood up displaying a yellow towel tucked into his waistband - you know, the towel that’s used to wipe the ball before a play. I thought no, please, fully expecting this herbert to suddenly don a Steelers’ helmet. Luckily I was saved from that horror. :facepalm:

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
Tbh you were quite lucky that the Celtic fan actually changed his shirt, Celtic fans are known as the great unwashed for a reason. This is their own club reminding them to wash.
Yeah that's right mate... and all Brighton fans are homosexuals

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Tbh you were quite lucky that the Celtic fan actually changed his shirt, Celtic fans are known as the great unwashed for a reason. This is their own club reminding them to wash.
Typical really. It wasn't all the fans, the Mirror have simply quoted another paper and no-one knows what is actually in the letter.

When they started ‘importing’ NFL games to be played at Wembley I remembered an incident at a pizza restaurant where my grandson and I were having a meal. There was a group of NFL fans, who were English, all wearing Pittsburgh Steelers uniforms (as they like to call them). Okay, fair enough, but one of them stood up displaying a yellow towel tucked into his waistband - you know, the towel that’s used to wipe the ball before a play. I thought no, please, fully expecting this herbert to suddenly don a Steelers’ helmet. Luckily I was saved from that horror. :facepalm:
If it was fans of any other team, I'd back you up on that. With the Steelers fans though, the "Terrible Towel" is their equivalent of us wearing an Albion scarf to a game.

el punal

If it was fans of any other team, I'd back you up on that. With the Steelers fans though, the "Terrible Towel" is their equivalent of us wearing an Albion scarf to a game.

Thanks for that. Another sporting gem I can relate in the pub! Mind you I am not going to tuck my Albion scarf into my waistband - far too many germs. :ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here