Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Full Kit Wanker Holiday Mode

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I recall a holiday in good old Lloret del Mar at the time Clough left us. I had a T shirt knocked up with “Taylor Rules” on it - subtle enough for me and my mates to understand but the rest of Holidaymakers ignorant.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
As a rather well built (fat) old geezer, the wearing of any kit is an embarrassment. Mexico a few weeks back I wore my Albion T Shirts to the beach and, knowing there were a few United showing off their colours, wore them with pride after the thrashing at OT.
I wear my bobble hat a lot, especially on our European Winter Markets tours and get many discreet calls of 'Seagulls' from passers by.

el punal

As a rather well built (fat) old geezer, the wearing of any kit is an embarrassment. Mexico a few weeks back I wore my Albion T Shirts to the beach and, knowing there were a few United showing off their colours, wore them with pride after the thrashing at OT.
I wear my bobble hat a lot, especially on our European Winter Markets tours and get many discreet calls of 'Seagulls' from passers by.
But did you wear your bobble hat on the beach in Mexico? Kudos to you if you did. :bowdown: :lolol:

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
A few years back Mrs.Punal and I went on holiday to Majorca for a week. We stayed in a lovely hotel that ticked all the boxes for an inexpensive stay, providing all in breakfast and buffet for an evening meal. When we turned up for our first breakfast I noticed a chap wearing a Celtic home shirt, fair enough. Then, at dinner, the same chap was there wearing the Celtic away shirt. The next meal, the Celtic third strip shirt. And, behold, by the swimming pool, yep you’ve guessed, a pair of Celtic shorts. This wardrobe of all things Parkhead carried on throughout our week at every meal time and in between.

Now I know us football fans like to show allegiance to our chosen club while on holiday - for me it’s an Albion polo shirt on the odd occasion. A discreet little number that drew admiring glances from the discerning guests. But, it begs the question, how much and far would you go to show your love for your team apparel wise? Mr.Celtic was definitely of the mind that ‘more is much more’. :drink:
I was in Barbados a few years ago in a very nice fully catered resort (Sandals), sitting outside a coffee-and-cake bar watching the Humming Birds and the small bus arrived from the airport with the latest intake of punters.

Out of the bus stepped a gentleman in full Man Utd regalia. Shirt, shorts, knee length socks and branded trainers - I pointed out to my wife that he must have flown across the Atlantic dressed like that, and then arrived at the resort in 30 degrees heat. I must admit that I couldn't help but laugh out loud, I nearly lost my cake!

It doesn't answer the OP's question, but I thought it worth recording here.

pwlr1966

Aug 7, 2011
TBH I ALWAYS wear my Albion Shirt at the finish line of the Great North Run, My wife has run it for the last 15 years and for the last 3 my son too. I always get a shout out from the commentator and gives me an opportunity to promote their chosen charity. My wife and son proudly carried a Brighton shirt across the finish line too. As for abroad, only privately in our holiday villa watching us play

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I was in Barbados a few years ago in a very nice fully catered resort (Sandals), sitting outside a coffee-and-cake bar watching the Humming Birds and the small bus arrived from the airport with the latest intake of punters.

Out of the bus stepped a gentleman in full Man Utd regalia. Shirt, shorts, knee length socks and branded trainers - I pointed out to my wife that he must have flown across the Atlantic dressed like that, and then arrived at the resort in 30 degrees heat. I must admit that I couldn't help but laugh out loud, I nearly lost my cake!

It doesn't answer the OP's question, but I thought it worth recording here.

Gary Neville?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I sometimes wear socks with discreet Albion design when working from home.
I gave a lecture last week in Europa league casual wear, the blue T with the BHA crest on one nipple and the Europa crest on the other. The students had no idea what it was or meant. Given that it was all about me, I didn't mind.

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
Looks like this plague is spreading to other sports now. This needs to end;
1697741329526.png

W3D

I'm Thirsty
Apr 21, 2021
Worthing
Here's one for you

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-09-20-09-32-32-302_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-09-20-09-32-32-302_com.android.chrome.jpg